• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Match Thread: Port Vale v Northampton Town

Fosse69

Advert:

This has been <ovf censored>. It's like it's too cold for the players to be more than half arsed this afternoon.  Shocking game of football from start to finish with no attacking quality on either side.

Edited by Beech

Advert:

What a bad example for league 2 football that was. Dire game. Nobody is ever going to convince me this formation is the way to go at home. Say it every single week. Edmondson was hopeless against their decent defenders, proctor looked much more of a handful so nice to see him back(looks much fitter than when he returned against walsall). 

Defence and keeper did well, though everyone else was pretty anonymous. Garritys performance was horrible, Pett not much better. Charsley looked decent. 

Good thing it’s another game unbeaten and another clean sheet just means we need to win the next one now!! Hall quite comfortably man of the match. 

Special mention to the complete moron of a referee who did his best to ruin the game and that liner who got every decision wrong. The two corner decisions were laughable. Dire for both sides and ruined the game. 

Edited by valiant_593

Conceded 2 in 5 games. 1 against the run away leaders. , the other in a comfortable victory. Got some building blocks there, and now Proctor is gradually returning we may have some attacking options.

• Like 2

Positives:

- Hall is brilliant.

- We're tough to beat again.

- Unbeaten run continues.

- Good sides get something even when they play <ovf censored>.

- We don't have to play Northampton again this season.

Negatives:

- The formation. It can be far too negative, especially at home.

- We were creating chances left, right and centre months ago, even in games we didn't win. What's happened to that?

- Gibbons is a big miss and needs to be in our team when fit. I don't care if that means dropping Hussey.

- Edmondson is basically a much less quick Michael Husbands. Nothing against the bloke, but send him back.

Edited by Beech
  • Like 1

Advert:

I can't access Radio Stoke/Praise and Grumble all of a sudden, getting the message that it's unavailable due to either contractual issues/temporary technical problems, anyone have the same. Previously always been able to listen to Radio Stoke/Praise and Grumble.

13 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

What a bad example for league 2 football that was. Dire game. Nobody is ever going to convince me this formation is the way to go at home. Say it every single week. Edmondson was hopeless against their decent defenders, proctor looked much more of a handful so nice to see him back(looks much fitter than when he returned against walsall). 

Defence and keeper did well, though everyone else was pretty anonymous. Garritys performance was horrible, Pett not much better. Charsley looked decent. 

Good thing it’s another game unbeaten and another clean sheet just means we need to win the next one now!! Hall quite comfortably man of the match. 

Special mention to the complete moron of a referee who did his best to ruin the game and that liner who got every decision wrong. The two corner decisions were laughable. Dire for both sides and ruined the game. 

It wasn’t the ref that ruined the game it was how we set up for a 0-0 totally ridiculous especially at home 

• Like 3

Advert:

Hall once again excellent. Just so composed at the back. The more I see the more I wonder how he has slipped through the net of clubs higher up. Other than that Holys goalkicks and throw outs were good and after that not much else to talk about.

Think today was crying out for Tom Conlon. Just someone who can really control the game. Point and a clean sheet better than nothing but means if we do have designs on top 3 need to be looking at a win next Saturday.

Just now, Paul6754 said:

I can't access Radio Stoke/Praise and Grumble all of a sudden, getting the message that it's unavailable due to either contractual issues/temporary technical problems, anyone have the same. Previously always been able to listen to Radio Stoke/Praise and Grumble.

Listening to grumble and grumble via the internet.  If on ifollow it switches off or gives you this message.

Two teams cancelling each other out, both more concerned with not losing rather than winning, what I saw anyway. Not the end of the world, take a point and onto the next. 

Although I do think our pitch has a lot to do with how both teams set up and play, not good for free flowing football. 

Edited by newchapel valiant