onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Northampton Town

Fosse69

On the game -

0-0 was fair. Horrible game like many people have said, but not that disappointed at a point and a clean sheet.

Still games in hand and still all to play for.

I don't think our defence ever looked like conceding, we just needed more organisation up front, which is difficult with the pitch and the weather and how physical and shithousery they were. Couple all that with toss officials. Too many poor games in the midfield, Garrity couldn't find his passing, Pett was battling in there but he wasn't able to find killer passes, Walker the same really.

As someone mentioned, not the best midfield combo in that game - crying out for a Conlon actually I thought.

Think people are being a bit harsh on Edmundson, but still, when fit Proctor an Wilson as two up top surely.

Take a point and move on, can do Tranmere I think, maybe this is the start of their bad run.

Advert

2 hours ago, Beech said:

Time to start playing with wingers at home and trying to actually win games intead of not lose them. I'm sure the last thing Northampton would want is the likes of Cooper and Amoo running at them.

It's all a bit too slow and safe.

Spot on.

Not too sure with Amoo but i thought Cooper was the sub we needed to replace Worrall and lets have a go for the last 20 mins.

We replaced the front two , like for like but still failed with the supply, as we had all game.

Northampton will be pushing for top three. Full of running up front and certainly solid at the back.

4 minutes ago, Sandyford_Lion said:

Spot on.

Not too sure with Amoo but i thought Cooper was the sub we needed to replace Worrall and lets have a go for the last 20 mins.

We replaced the front two , like for like but still failed with the supply, as we had all game.

Northampton will be pushing for top three. Full of running up front and certainly solid at the back.

Amoo can be direct and I just wanted us to actually try to run with the ball a bit. Both he and Cooper would have given us that against a tiring defence. Clearly DC didn't see it that way.

5 minutes ago, Jermaine Holwynn said:

On the game -

0-0 was fair. Horrible game like many people have said, but not that disappointed at a point and a clean sheet.

Still games in hand and still all to play for.

I don't think our defence ever looked like conceding, we just needed more organisation up front, which is difficult with the pitch and the weather and how physical and shithousery they were. Couple all that with toss officials. Too many poor games in the midfield, Garrity couldn't find his passing, Pett was battling in there but he wasn't able to find killer passes, Walker the same really.

As someone mentioned, not the best midfield combo in that game - crying out for a Conlon actually I thought.

Think people are being a bit harsh on Edmundson, but still, when fit Proctor an Wilson as two up top surely.

Take a point and move on, can do Tranmere I think, maybe this is the start of their bad run.

Wouldn’t disagree with that, on today’s performance we really do need Conlan back. Agree with a lot of previous posts, the team that beat Carlisle is our away team. If we are going to get into the play off we need to be less cautious and play wide men.

6 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Yes, and I’m not saying he’s a bad player, just not a game-changer as today demonstrated, and too similar to what we already have. Just my opinion.

I agree. He wouldn't have been one of the three subs I made today. But maybe he's looked blinding in training. Who knows!

The 5-3-2/ 3-5-2 has barely worked at home all season. I don’t know why we keep persisting with it. We’ve missed having a bright spark on the wing. Someone to run at the opposition and pin them back and maybe create something from nothing. Politic barely played, Amoo barely plays and Cooper will barely play. We are too easy to defend against at home using this formation. 

6 games in a row now where there has been 1 or less goals in the Northampton fixture.  

We all knew it was likely to be a war of attrition against a side who set their stall out. 

Needed guile and trickery to break the boring gits down. Cooper could of brought that spark. Amazing he wasn't used .

Clarke likes playing with 11 hard workers in a disciplined shape. Do we need to sacrifice this to win more games?

Orient away and Northampton at home recently have been none events. Yes we drew both games, but we could have shown more attacking intent. We could have won one and lost one and we’d have got more points out of it. We could have easily drew against Scunthorpe too.

I just think that we’re going to have to take more risks to finish as high up in the table as possible. 

58 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

So all but two of the starting 11 were signed while DC was manager. He picked the team and the formation. He says in his post match interview that we played badly. Who's fault is that? 

RZ, I agree with what you say. Someone behind me said that this is probably the third team that he has put together. I’d probably say second. 

27 minutes ago, SuperHuman said:

Clarke likes playing with 11 hard workers in a disciplined shape. Do we need to sacrifice this to win more games?

Orient away and Northampton at home recently have been none events. Yes we drew both games, but we could have shown more attacking intent. We could have won one and lost one and we’d have got more points out of it. We could have easily drew against Scunthorpe too.

I just think that we’re going to have to take more risks to finish as high up in the table as possible. 

Yes I think we do. Draws are no good to us now. With Sat-Tues games most weeks now it’s going to get harder to put a sustained run together. When FGR equalised I said we should have gambled and I thought the same today, hence my remarks about Charsley. DC went like for like but, as we all saw, we needed creativity. 

1 hour ago, blackdog said:

Can anyone explain why there No.10 wasn't cautioned for his assault on Smith, and why their guy wasn't sent off for pulling/tripping up Harratt when he was put through, they both seemed basic decisions. 

Blackdog, how I saw it from the RP and can only assume why he was given a yellow as there were other defenders level with him that may have prevented a goal scoring opportunity. I haven’t seen any replays, so I could be wrong. I think if it was going to be a red, he’d have produced it immediately 

Archived