onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Northampton Town

Fosse69

Advert

A central 3 in midfield of Pett, Garrity and Walker are not the right combination, there's a lack of quality forward passing, guile and creativity to open up a well organized team like Northampton. Tom Conlon is a massive miss and so is Jake Taylor and until Vale get one or both of these players back fit and in the team we're gonna struggle against defensively sound teams.

Most of the chances Vale create are crosses/balls into the box in the air from Worrall and Hussey but there's usually no one good in the air in the box in a Vale shirt.

Holy and Connor Hall looked assured, Worrall's energy and skill are first class and Smith as solid as ever. One point not the end of the world.

1 minute ago, Rampant Zebra said:

So all but two of the starting 11 were signed while DC was manager. He picked the team and the formation. He says in his post match interview that we played badly. Who's fault is that? 

Well it’s his fault and the players. He’s not denying that. Luckily we’ve got it right more times than not this season. Poor today, really poor… but we still drew and got another clean sheet. If we beat tranmere and I think we will then this becomes a decent point. 

Teams are fully aware that if you stop our two wing-backs, you probably stop us. And we currently don't have Conlon in midfield to help convert one point into three through one piece of brilliance. As decent as Pett is he's no sort of threat going forward. Neither is Walker. Garrity can be but he'll have days like today where he was completely ineffective. 

Today it was pretty clear to see we were crying out for a bit of pace out wide but that never came. After Proctor, Cooper and Amoo should have been the one's coming on. The subs today were really poor by DC. Northampton were every bit as solid and organised as expected, but looked their to be beat.

39 minutes ago, geoff1 said:

your not a people person then? 

I'm not analysing a players warm up like you and your pal Jeffers are pre match, I'm either a) in the pub b) getting there at about 2.55pm due to work.

Good on you though, DC and Flitcroft could do with some ageing backwards vale fans on the scouting/coaching team. Sounds like you have a good grasp on how a 20 something year old professional footballer should be performing (whilst warming up) for you.

I'm sure everyone takes on board what you say, that's why you got the likes and recognition for being so engaging?

Are you a people person? Or just a spectator like the rest of us? Spectator with a keyboard is my guess.

Weird to me how you single out one persons warm up despite maybe coaching at lads and dads level, you do you pal.

1 hour ago, toyahw said:

Same here in NL tonight. A bit odd as the wife is currently listening to BBC R2.

Not much of a game. One of those oh well we didn't lose games. Combination of we didn't play well, they didn't let us play as we like, and we were a bit conservative. So were they, clearly happy with a point.

That is odd.

I also couldn't listen to the music program (I assume) on RS that came on at 6 00pm (GMT) after P&G, I got the same rolling message...."Due to contractual....".

Just tried Radio 2 and I can listen to it and I still can't listen to the program on Radio Stoke, it must be the BBC and iFollow conjuring something up or the BBC or iFollow forgot to put the right plug back in!!  If I remember correctly I couldn't listen to P&G on Radio Stoke last week also.

Archived