onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Northampton Town

Fosse69

Advert

I'm annoyed today because they were there for the taking but we were far too negative for 94 minutes. 

Also, that is a red card. The referee, on awarding a free kick, has got to send him off. Not fit to referee! Idiot! 

The first half display against FGR was excellent. Our display today was slow, laboured, predictable, negative and boring. 

We look miles off the top three now. 

Not much say 

Entertainment value 3 out of 10 

Highlights of game on a stamp it was that poor .

We never got going at all  

Defensively as a team good  attacking as a team lacking trickery and will to win and a lot of ooomph .

Why wasn't Cooper brought on and why was Walker moved from the back because the first pass is the most incisive we lacked that all game .

Dcs post match was spot on .

40 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

Thanks PFVC, that's exactly what I normally do and it always used to work. I live in the US so it may be the BBC don't transmit the sports programme/Praise and Grumble to the US anymore hence I get this rolling verbal message.

Me thinks Praise in Grumble will soon be transmitted by iFollow with a corresponding increase in iFollow subscription.

You can use a VPN extension on chrome or firefox to listen

4 hours ago, Jermaine Holwynn said:

Good to know we’ve got some fans that have such experience in football analysis that they can determine what a players mindset is just from the warm up.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Dan Jones as a footballer at league 2, and his long throw is still a big weapon in the season. A very good squad player, sure he will get his opportunities this season still.

I genuinely think some fans get jealous of professional footballers. I recon it’s cus he has bleached blonde hair, that automatically means some 60 plus year old vale fan can go ‘yeah well he’s a bit of a clown him, get rid’.

Mad

your not a people person then? 

19 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Poor conditions, poor pitch, poor… no dreadful officials, very poor game. They were better than us tbf, but that’s not saying much.

We played too much percentage football, decision making was generally poor and the ball was like a hot potato in our possession, just needlessly hoofed into the channels without any thought hoping for someone to chase it down. They at least tried to play it around. Our play is just too static, they played in triangles so there is always an out ball, whereas we got blocked off, check, go backwards and all momentum goes out of the move. Very frustrating and we looked a long way off a top 3 team today.

Also, what is it with our goalies when kicking from the Bycars End?? The number of times Holy put it into touch on the Lorne St side was ridiculous. And this is not just today.

That’s as poor a officiating as I’ve seen for some time. I can’t fathom way on Earth that was not a red when Harratt was clean in on goal. Complete bottle job. Generally got nothing from him, he fell for all their antics (why wasn’t the guy even booked for shoving Smith over the hoardings???) and wanted it to be all about him. Like I said, in another life the perfect traffic warden.

Martin gives me the eebie jeebies but Conor Hall for Legge was an incredible piece of business. How CH didn’t get MoTM is beyond me, streets ahead of anyone else on the pitch. Charsley is not a game-changer, just looks like Garrity without the goal threat and is a wasted signing for me. 

We’ve lost the ability to win tight games against the better sides and that’s the automatics completely out of the window for me. The play-offs, whilst showing progress, would be a disappointment as I think there are more streetwise teams that get the better of us. We’ll see.

Harsh on Charsley, you’ve based him off 58 minutes of football. 

2 minutes ago, Portvale4 said:

Harsh on Charsley, you’ve based him off 58 minutes of football. 

You can see what type of player he is, and in my opinion he isn’t what we are missing, we need a Bogie-style schemer or someone like that Williams at Swindon who I thought was outstanding against us.

12 minutes ago, blackdog said:

Can anyone explain why there No.10 wasn't cautioned for his assault on Smith, and why their guy wasn't sent off for pulling/tripping up Harratt when he was put through, they both seemed basic decisions. 

Same player i think wasn't it? so should of been 2 bookings anyway BUT Harratt was clean through,yes other defenders were there but he was in front of them all,9 times out of 10 on the efl show he gets sent off,we sadly just got that one

Disappointing thing at home is that we never look like we're capable of really turning anyone over. Was really looking forward to seeing Joel have another run for the final 20, but didn't seem to be in DC's plans. First 20 we could hardly get out of our half and those aimless long balls are tiresome. 

Before kick off,  our warm ups look good, with quick passing  and movement routines, but our play doesn't reflect that once the whistle blows.  Come on DC, get it sorted at home and trust the players to be more positive, most L2 teams aren't that great. 

56 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

I thought the same. Another team that are nervous when they come to VP, so to conquer their nerves they pass the ball on the ground and run into gaps to receive passes. They looked a lot fitter. We offered nothing today.

100% spot on analysis in three lines. 

Archived