onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Northampton Town

Fosse69

There are lots of massive games, we may well have the most of any club, a spreadsheet of the remaining fixtures of the current top 10 teams would identify them if anyone has the time.

Mansfield have got loads of away games including Us, Tranmere and FGR (twice).

Northampton after today have a relatively nice run in.

By the end of next week we will have played FGR, Swindon, Tranmere and Northampton twice and have already been away to Mansfield and Sutton (although we are as good away as at home)

We do have Exeter twice though.

Advert

36 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

Just looking at the squad for today and wondering how Conlon and Gibbons going get back in as we have found with D JONES who is tremendous by the way your not guaranteed anything in this game you have to perform or you are out and its great he is creating a hungry squad full of players whowant the shirt .

Martins being excellent but has he lost his shirt to Walker etc .

I'd normally want Proctor in the  team but the front lads are putting a shift in so even though I think Proctor is quality Edmondson has played his way into the starting XL and his work his overall excellent as is Harratts work .

Happy Birthday to Ben Garrity .

Get behind tge team that's our job our only job let's hope collectively we do it all afternoon  

UTV 

What a great problem to have......all those selection options for DC!

2 minutes ago, Raveninblack said:

I don’t rate Jones at all, keeps getting out of position, Northampton, Bradford, Newport, Bristol, Accrington..complete liability..get rid as we have better now with Hussey and Hall but be careful about rushing Conlon and Gibbons because they have to be treated carefully

Jones has been excellent. Up until the Bradford player he was arguably our best player. Certainly shouldn’t just get rid. 

3 minutes ago, Raveninblack said:

I don’t rate Jones at all, keeps getting out of position, Northampton, Bradford, Newport, Bristol, Accrington..complete liability..get rid as we have better now with Hussey and Hall but be careful about rushing Conlon and Gibbons because they have to be treated carefully

i watched him in pre match warm up last week, he did his own warm up and did not work as hard as the others did  he certainly did not follow the team warm up.😑

We were pretty dire and on the opener, didn’t adapt to our own system and the game was over after the sending off - and we still looked good for a point! No fear against anyone in this league. I do think if we focus on ourselves and get our own house in order, our players going at it like they can, very few teams can handle us.

24 minutes ago, geoff1 said:

i watched him in pre match warm up last week, he did his own warm up and did not work as hard as the others did  he certainly did not follow the team warm up.😑

I noticed that as well, if they were doing three sets he would do two.

1 hour ago, valefan16 said:

Mansfield have got loads of away games including Us, Tranmere and FGR (twice).

Northampton after today have a relatively nice run in.

By the end of next week we will have played FGR, Swindon, Tranmere and Northampton twice and have already been away to Mansfield and Sutton (although we are as good away as at home)

We do have Exeter twice though.

Mansfield play away at FGR twice ? No wonder FGR are so far clear 😀

3 hours ago, geoff1 said:

Good to know we’ve got some fans that have such experience in football analysis that they can determine what a players mindset is just from the warm up.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Dan Jones as a footballer at league 2, and his long throw is still a big weapon in the season. A very good squad player, sure he will get his opportunities this season still.

I genuinely think some fans get jealous of professional footballers. I recon it’s cus he has bleached blonde hair, that automatically means some 60 plus year old vale fan can go ‘yeah well he’s a bit of a clown him, get rid’.

Mad

Archived