onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Northampton Town

Fosse69

My first visit to Vale Park tomorrow, with my 2 sons.

Me and the oldest are Leicester season ticket holders. Youngest son just likes watching lower league football so we go to different games when we can. 

Looking forward to the visit, have fond memories of playing you at Filbert Street in the 90s but never made it to Vale Park.

Advert

I hope we stick to the same tactics as Tuesday night. I think Wilson can cause real damage in that 10 role just behind a front 2. He's more difficult to mark there as well & can thrive with a bit more time & space rather than a defender up his arse everytime he gets the ball.

I've been impressed with Harratt & Edmondson. Harratt looks like he could pop up with a goal at any minute & is really energetic. Edmondson's hold up play & power has impressed me for a young lad. I think both can cause Northampton problems.

Normally quite the pessimist but I am feeling quietly confident for tomorrow. It feels like we are getting back to our best & I'm not sure Northampton are all that. Difficult to break down maybe but certainly nothing to be afraid of. Just have to compete physically. 

Vale 2-0 Northampton 

21 minutes ago, ValeForever. said:

I hope we stick to the same tactics as Tuesday night. I think Wilson can cause real damage in that 10 role just behind a front 2. He's more difficult to mark there as well & can thrive with a bit more time & space rather than a defender up his arse everytime he gets the ball.

I've been impressed with Harratt & Edmondson. Harratt looks like he could pop up with a goal at any minute & is really energetic. Edmondson's hold up play & power has impressed me for a young lad. I think both can cause Northampton problems.

Normally quite the pessimist but I am feeling quietly confident for tomorrow. It feels like we are getting back to our best & I'm not sure Northampton are all that. Difficult to break down maybe but certainly nothing to be afraid of. Just have to compete physically. 

Vale 2-0 Northampton 

Agree, go with the same team again and attack them. A early goal and Vale Park bouncing would be just the ticket. 

Apologies, as no doubt this has already been mentioned somewhere, and I know Darrell has conditioned players, staff, journalists and supporters that we only look as far as the next game, but in within the space of 11 days mid to late march, we play Mansfield, Exeter and Sutton all at home  😂😂😂

26 minutes ago, Hoppers said:

Apologies, as no doubt this has already been mentioned somewhere, and I know Darrell has conditioned players, staff, journalists and supporters that we only look as far as the next game, but in within the space of 11 days mid to late march, we play Mansfield, Exeter and Sutton all at home  😂😂😂

Be optimistic. They may all be 10-15 points below us by then!

1 hour ago, werstayinup said:
I know seasons aren't won or lost in one game but for me this game is massive today considering where they are in the league and the games we have in hand on them.

There are lots of massive games, we may well have the most of any club, a spreadsheet of the remaining fixtures of the current top 10 teams would identify them if anyone has the time.

Just looking at the squad for today and wondering how Conlon and Gibbons going get back in as we have found with D JONES who is tremendous by the way your not guaranteed anything in this game you have to perform or you are out and its great he is creating a hungry squad full of players whowant the shirt .

Martins being excellent but has he lost his shirt to Walker etc .

I'd normally want Proctor in the  team but the front lads are putting a shift in so even though I think Proctor is quality Edmondson has played his way into the starting XL and his work his overall excellent as is Harratts work .

Happy Birthday to Ben Garrity .

Get behind tge team that's our job our only job let's hope collectively we do it all afternoon  

UTV 

2 hours ago, Hoppers said:

Best way to catch them up is to play them and beat them. Mansfield might cause us issues can’t see Sutton or Exeter doing so

Archived