onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Northampton Town

Fosse69

Can't see many goals in this one. Think there'll only be a goal in it. They have a great defensive record and ours would also be right up there if it wasn't for a couple of really poor games here and there. Don't think there's too much between the two sides so as is usually the case, much will depend on how many players actually show up on the day.

Fancy us though now that Wilson has had his few games back to get going again.

Advert

Never know may even have TC or Gibbo back in contention. Dazzler isn’t really saying how far just they are close.

Expect Procs to be on the bench as well. Played 60 minutes of an inter team game today.

Big game, they all are now I suppose but winnable. These are pretty much how they always are, set piece threat, solid side so have to be prepared for it to be ugly and try and grind out the win.

First goal is crucial as you don’t want to go behind and them sit back and soak it up. Make them chance.

We've been picked out as one of the bets of the week by the Not The Top 20 podcast. They think we are one of the best teams in the league who've had a bad run, and the betting market is still lagging behind our good performances since FGR. Northampton only seem to win 1-0 with a header from a set piece so stop that happening and we'll have enough to roll them over.

They also earlier in the year designated us as the team most likely to make third, saying that despite our bad time with injuries and Covid stoppages, all the numbers and data suggested we were too good to stay outside the automatics come the end of the season. 

We've been picked out as one of the bets of the week by the Not The Top 20 podcast. They think we are one of the best teams in the league who've had a bad run, and the betting market is still lagging behind our good performances since FGR. Northampton only seem to win 1-0 with a header from a set piece so stop that happening and we'll have enough to roll them over.
They also earlier in the year designated us as the team most likely to make third, saying that despite our bad time with injuries and Covid stoppages, all the numbers and data suggested we were to good to stay outside the automatics come the end of the season. 
A rule I've lived by which has always served me well - Never bet on Vale

1 minute ago, philmpv said:
6 minutes ago, Walka003 said:
They also earlier in the year designated us as the team most likely to make third, saying that despite our bad time with injuries and Covid stoppages, all the numbers and data suggested we were to good to stay outside the automatics come the end of the season. 

A rule I've lived by which has always served me well - Never bet on Vale

Would tend to agree, you only end up disappointed twice 🙂 

20 hours ago, Doha said:

Port Vale v Northampton Town (15:00)
ALAN YOUNG
Richard Morris and Oliver Bickle
Fourth Official : Joe Clark

Remember earlier in the season when a ref full on forgot to play injury time at Orient, blew for HT, then had the players come out of the tunnel to play 4 minutes before they switched ends so they could technically start the second half?

Well....

To add to this on NT Forum one contributor is saying :

Alan Young has only reffed 12 games this season, dishing out 54 yellow and three red cards. Last season saw 143 yellows and 3 reds, so its fair to say he's not afraid to use his cards!! We last saw him in September 2020 during our early season home defeat to Hull City. The game before that was at the back end of 2019 when he sent off Scott Wharton at Leyton Orient.

Normally when I look back through referee records I can see the odd game where no cards are issued.....Young has not had a competitive game in which he hasn't booked someone!! 174 games since August 2015, 736 yellow cards and 30 reds. Watch yourself Mr McWilliams!!

14 minutes ago, osprey said:

To add to this on NT Forum one contributor is saying :

Alan Young has only reffed 12 games this season, dishing out 54 yellow and three red cards. Last season saw 143 yellows and 3 reds, so its fair to say he's not afraid to use his cards!! We last saw him in September 2020 during our early season home defeat to Hull City. The game before that was at the back end of 2019 when he sent off Scott Wharton at Leyton Orient.

Normally when I look back through referee records I can see the odd game where no cards are issued.....Young has not had a competitive game in which he hasn't booked someone!! 174 games since August 2015, 736 yellow cards and 30 reds. Watch yourself Mr McWilliams!!

He could ruin a good game 

Worst ref this season was the Bradford one. Three red cards missed. I wonder if the ref this Saturday would have booked any of the FGR players?!

I'm hopeful of 3 points this weekend. One of the forwards to score. And hopefully another clean sheet. That'll do nicely

Big game tomorrow Northampton bringing 450 fair play to them who are attending .

Vale I'm not sure who will be in the starting 11 .

Walker I'd be leaving him where he played tues .

In fact apart from maybe one change I wouldn't be changing the team at all .

To be honest I do not think he will change the team as they were good value on Tues. 

We at home though and I love a winger especially one who goes for it so I'd like see more of Cooper tomorrow I do not think he will start as building up his match fitness but I'd like see a good 30 minute cameo at least .

We have everything to gain let's go forwards with intent all game roared on by I would be very disappointed if less than 6500 Vale turn out tomoz as they should .

UTV 

Archived