Match Thread: Port Vale v Northampton Town

Fosse69

Revenge to the Cobblers. Thought they were below par in 2022, then they beat Newport at home in a hectic match, hope it has taken something out of them. Whereas our win at Carlisle was more leisurely and assured. A key game with 8 points between us, 43 – 51, although we have 2 games in hand so a win would give us the advantage, but essential to avoid defeat. Will we see more of Cooper? He showed promise in his cameo. Proctor on the bench at last. A good crowd to roar us on. 2-0 to the Vale, 5 games unbeaten and back in our stride.

• Like 2

Advert:

27 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Revenge to the Cobblers. Thought they were below par in 2022, then they beat Newport at home in a hectic match, hope it has taken something out of them. Whereas our win at Carlisle was more leisurely and assured. A key game with 8 points between us, 43 – 51, although we have 2 games in hand so a win would give us the advantage, but essential to avoid defeat. Will we see more of Cooper? He showed promise in his cameo. Proctor on the bench at last. A good crowd to roar us on. 2-0 to the Vale, 5 games unbeaten and back in our stride.

I like your optimism, but you wouldn't make a bookmaker. 🙂 A win would leave us 5 points behind with 2 games in hand. We average much less than 2 points a game, so the odds would be on us still being a point or more adrift after 2 matches when Northampton didn't play.

But a win would certainly move us in the right direction and increase confidence with 18 games still to go. Keep the faith.

• Like 1

I wonder how many games they have won 1 nil ? We need to get at these from the off see if we can score quicker than Tuesday! If we keep playing like we have the last couple of games then we will be ok. 

We have 5 of the teams above us all to come to vale park including this Saturday's massive match a win against Northampton will get us right in the mix.Just get vale park rocking and the boy's will get the job done.Then we can look forward to having Procter, Conlon, Jones, and Gibbons back in the squad to help us push us over the line.With the energy we have in the team at the moment not many teams in this division will cope with the vale and especially the support that we will give them onwards and upwards PVFC

• Like 4

Advert:

1 hour ago, EricHamesis said:

I like your optimism, but you wouldn't make a bookmaker. 🙂 A win would leave us 5 points behind with 2 games in hand. We average much less than 2 points a game, so the odds would be on us still being a point or more adrift after 2 matches when Northampton didn't play.

But a win would certainly move us in the right direction and increase confidence with 18 games still to go. Keep the faith.

I don`t bet so bookmakers don`t make out of me either.🙂 It is tight to make the 3rd spot, we need to finish like last season and play 3 of the runners at home is in our favour, if we make it we will deserve it. Game at a time.  

Seems the top 6 on the whole have hit amazing form. FGR are out of sight and I fear Tranmere are too. 

Which leaves the likes of Mansfield, Northampton, Exeter, Newport and us fighting for one automatic. Can't see Sutton lasting the pace.

On the upside most have to still come to Vale Park.

On the downside Vale Park isn't the fortress of yore.

Basically, are we good enough to make it a fortress again?

Stop letting in sloppy goals is a must!

Advert:

31 minutes ago, andy jones said:

Seems the top 6 on the whole have hit amazing form. FGR are out of sight and I fear Tranmere are too. 

Which leaves the likes of Mansfield, Northampton, Exeter, Newport and us fighting for one automatic. Can't see Sutton lasting the pace.

On the upside most have to still come to Vale Park.

On the downside Vale Park isn't the fortress of yore.

Basically, are we good enough to make it a fortress again?

Stop letting in sloppy goals is a must!

Yes, despite our improved results all the 7 teams above us have taken more points from the last 5 games.

A fired up Vale Park think Joel Cooper will put thousands on the gates as season goes on with his magic feet .

Team well it picks itself the subs will be confident in what they can add when entering the fray .

Get thesens down to the ground and encourage theres no reason why we cannot win by 4 clear goals .

UTV 

Edited by Breadwinner
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

A fired up Vale Park think Joel Cooper will put thousands on the gates as season goes on with his magic feet .

Team well it picks itself the subs will be confident in what they can add when entering the fray .

Get thesens down to the ground and encourage theres no reason why we cannot win by 4 clear goals .

UTV 

Are you a motivational speaker by trade?

• Like 2

The NTFC analysis twitter thread said the other day that they scored 50% of their goals this season from set pieces. Next highest in the league is 38%. 

One to make sure the big lads are playing.... Hall, Smith and Martin at the back, Walker holding, Edmondson up top.

• Like 2

Advert:

Can't wait for Saturday.  Will be up early to drive down to Vale Park before heading back to sunny Brizzol.

Thought everyone in the team played well last night; glad Wilson got his goal and seeing him playing with such confidence; it lifts the rest of the team.  Also pleased for Amoo - you could see what it meant to him; long time since he smiled like that.

Cooper!  Jesus I can't wait to see him spend some good amount of time on the pitch.

Prediction for Saturday 3-1 Vale.

KYF

• Like 1

This might not be the opponent to do it against for the reasons stated above on Northamptons threat off set pieces but I did really love Walker in that back three last night. Almost allowed him to take on a quarterback role and take advantage of his passing range as well as giving him license step up to help the midfield. With Proctors imminent return a lot of good problems for DC at last.

Definitely our biggest game of the season so far, win this and all of a sudden the teams above us will start looking very nervously in our direction.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Osh said:

Can't wait for Saturday.  Will be up early to drive down to Vale Park before heading back to sunny Brizzol.

Thought everyone in the team played well last night; glad Wilson got his goal and seeing him playing with such confidence; it lifts the rest of the team.  Also pleased for Amoo - you could see what it meant to him; long time since he smiled like that.

Cooper!  Jesus I can't wait to see him spend some good amount of time on the pitch.

Prediction for Saturday 3-1 Vale.

KYF

i agree, looks more dangerous than politic?☺️

• Like 2
  • Confused 1