onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Carlisle United v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

1 minute ago, TreacleValiant said:

A good result tonight against a dire Carlisle side. Don’t think we will have enough upfront to get promoted. If anything happens to Wilson we are screwed. 

Proctor must be back soon. Seems to have been out for ages. 

11 minutes ago, TreacleValiant said:

A good result tonight against a dire Carlisle side. Don’t think we will have enough upfront to get promoted. If anything happens to Wilson we are screwed. 

Pretty much every side in the league would say that if they lost their main man up front. This is League Two we're talking about.

On way back in torrential rain with my mate kindly driving. 

Really good performance. They literally had 1 attempt on target.

Positive all round.  The goal was poor but I'll skip that bit.

Hall is a superb signing and Hussey has that old head as well as some quality play. Great cameo from Cooper.

Unlucky for their goalscorer who bizarrely ran over to our end like a loon shushing us and giving it the big un. Tool . 

Well worth the trip up . 

Shouldn't look back but again, when you look at some of the points we have literally thrown away, we should be sat right up behind FG in the table.

Northampton opening day - Wilson with miss of the season on the goal line. 10 men. (1)

Tranmere at home - woodwork twice, should've won the game. (2)

Sutton away - threw away 3 points by Conceding 2 x terrible late goals. (3)

Oldham away - see above. Travesty. (3)

Salford home - didn't play great but did more than enough to win the game. (3)

FG last Tuesday - Decent side but 2 points lost. (2)

That's 14 points, even if you only take half of them (7) we'd be sat on 50 points in 4th place with a couple of games in hand.

The only games I can honestly think of where we got more than we probably deserved are a point away at Mansfield & then Orient at home where I think a point would've been a fair result but to take 3 was brilliant.

All in all we're about down 10 points below where we should be and I think Darrell knows this as well. I honestly still believe automatics is on. We are one of the best 3 sides in this league when we have the majority of our side fit. It seems like after a very rough patch of luck with injuries, we are slowly coming out the other side in plenty of time for the big run in!

Proctor couple weeks away. Wilson finding his best form again. Gibbo few weeks, Conlon few weeks. New players starting to gel.

I think the run in will get very very interesting & I still predict top 3 finish.

BIG game Saturday. Keep the faith. UTV.

13 minutes ago, ValeForever. said:

Shouldn't look back but again, when you look at some of the points we have literally thrown away, we should be sat right up behind FG in the table.

Northampton opening day - Wilson with miss of the season on the goal line. 10 men. (1)

Tranmere at home - woodwork twice, should've won the game. (2)

Sutton away - threw away 3 points by Conceding 2 x terrible late goals. (3)

Oldham away - see above. Travesty. (3)

Salford home - didn't play great but did more than enough to win the game. (3)

FG last Tuesday - Decent side but 2 points lost. (2)

That's 14 points, even if you only take half of them (7) we'd be sat on 50 points in 4th place with a couple of games in hand.

The only games I can honestly think of where we got more than we probably deserved are a point away at Mansfield & then Orient at home where I think a point would've been a fair result but to take 3 was brilliant.

All in all we're about down 10 points below where we should be and I think Darrell knows this as well. I honestly still believe automatics is on. We are one of the best 3 sides in this league when we have the majority of our side fit. It seems like after a very rough patch of luck with injuries, we are slowly coming out the other side in plenty of time for the big run in!

Proctor couple weeks away. Wilson finding his best form again. Gibbo few weeks, Conlon few weeks. New players starting to gel.

I think the run in will get very very interesting & I still predict top 3 finish.

BIG game Saturday. Keep the faith. UTV.

Every team in the league can say if we did that if we did this , the table doesn’t lie, we deserve to be where we are and for me so far so good, now let’s get that winning run going to push us to the play offs or automatic places 

9 minutes ago, bertiepee said:

Every team in the league can say if we did that if we did this , the table doesn’t lie, we deserve to be where we are and for me so far so good, now let’s get that winning run going to push us to the play offs or automatic places 

I posted before he even commented but DC even agreed with me in his aftermatch interview. He knows we are some points worse off than we should be.

I honestly think we're better than our current position, but like you say, tends to even out over full course of a season.

We must have stored up all of our good luck & the rub of the green for the run in! We've not even had a penalty all season as far as I can remember, insane.

Archived