• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Match Thread: Salford City v Port Vale Postponed

Fosse69

Well, my prediction for the game didn’t work out. I had a similar challenge when I was working in Manchester, travelled to Accrington for a night match, heard the game was off as I sat in the Crown pub!

By the way, travelled down on Saturday to my home in Bovey Tracey and had a great trip, fuelled by oatcakes and pikelets! 😊

Will watch the game on Tuesday and looking forward to 3 points.

VTID

• Like 4

Advert:

10 hours ago, Santa said:

I suppose it’s possible that the pitch was playable earlier but deteriorated closer to kick off.

If you look at grounds around Greater Manchester with similar setups to Salford, Radcliffe Borough, West Didsbury & Chorlton, and Wythenshawe Amateurs all had their home games called off around 2pm yesterday. 

I’m sorry, but I can’t stand by and let West Didsbury and Chorlton be disrespected in this manner. Great little outfit, superior facilities… if there’s was called off that late it could only be foul play by the opposition.

• Like 1

Advert:

Not sure what people were already doing at the ground. There isn’t much there on a nice day. Maybe they were trying to beat the queue for the portakabin toilets?

• Haha 1

Hoping poor Gary can sell enough 'Class of 92' NFTs to fund some improvements to the playing surface. Tinpot <ovf censored>.

Another reason we need to get out of this hell-hole of a league.

• Like 1

On 05/02/2022 at 19:46, valefan79 said:

Wondering if the game is likely to be played the 15th February, other than this date and 8th March, we have no available Tuesday until the last Tuesday in March.  I don't think we can risk putting in April incase of any bad weather in the coming weeks and having more games off.

Its been re-arranged for Tuesday 5th April.

4 hours ago, Santa said:

Not sure what people were already doing at the ground. There isn’t much there on a nice day. Maybe they were trying to beat the queue for the portakabin toilets?

PVFC travel arrived just before 1.30. Two coaches

Advert:

1 hour ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

Its been re-arranged for Tuesday 5th April.

Thought they might have arranged it for next Tuesday myself, I know we have so many Tuesday matches coming up but many more Saturday postponements and we are going to be struggling to get the games in.

Thought they might have arranged it for next Tuesday myself, I know we have so many Tuesday matches coming up but many more Saturday postponements and we are going to be struggling to get the games in.

If you look at how we’ve been rearranging games we are doing two Tuesdays on, then a free week, then two Tuesdays on again, guess to mean we have one in three weeks recovery.

2 hours ago, jjvale_03 said:

Hoping poor Gary can sell enough 'Class of 92' NFTs to fund some improvements to the playing surface. Tinpot <ovf censored>.

Another reason we need to get out of this hell-hole of a league.

Glass houses,  stones, etc etc

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, jeffers said:

Glass houses,  stones, etc etc

Yes agree Jeffers. With our pudding of a pitch we can't really complain  about others.

In fact in the last couple of years we've been one of few fixtures off in the entire EFL whilst say Leek or Newcastle Town have played.

Advert:

17 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Yes agree Jeffers. With our pudding of a pitch we can't really complain  about others.

In fact in the last couple of years we've been one of few fixtures off in the entire EFL whilst say Leek or Newcastle Town have played.

Yet we played the Trophy game against Rochdale in monsoon conditions with no pitch problems.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

Yet we played the Trophy game against Rochdale in monsoon conditions with no pitch problems.

Absolutely, but no denying our pitch is awful. Our own manager has said as much .

• Fosse69 changed the title to Match Thread: Salford City v Port Vale Postponed
  • Fosse69 locked this topic