• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Match Thread: Salford City v Port Vale Postponed

Fosse69

I stayed in Salford for a couple of nights last year. Some good boozers round there especially the kings arms which featured in the channel 4 comedy Fresh Meat. Nice ales but bloody expensive 

Is there any pubs that are away friendly or most folk going Manchester instead? 

Advert:

I don’t think there are a great deal of boozers near the ground. I’d recommend staying round the city centre / Chapel Street end of Salford and getting a taxi up. I did write a bit on another thread. 

• Like 1

As Santa says there's nothing in Salford. Best to go from Piccadilly and walk or whatever to the other side of the Arndale down Market street to the Deansgate area. Plenty of decent places around there and easy striking distance by taxi/bus over the Irwell and into the hinterland. 

12 hours ago, mbycars said:

Amoo wasnt on in the 1st half last night

Yes I meant put Worrall think the lad is 110 per cent committed but I'd be saying give us a brilliant hour lad then you going be replaced and lets see if Cooper can create the last half hour .

Really they should be one of the better sides in the league with there expenditure but football games are  not won on what you spend they are won on the day .

How much do the Vale want it 

Does Wilson go out with the mentality he can score gamely if not why not. 

Hope the Vale following roar the ball into the net .

Its a big game we played so well the other week first half it was a ridiculous scoreline I'd like to think things even themselves out over the two games you play against the opposition you play so we owe them one .

UTV 

Advert:

11 hours ago, 1 said:

0-2

Garrity 24 mins

Smith 79 mins

2 bookings

6 corners

56% overall possession

Both far post headers, Garrity’s from open play, Smith’s from a set piece. Get your bets on now!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, toyahw said:

As Santa says there's nothing in Salford. Best to go from Piccadilly and walk or whatever to the other side of the Arndale down Market street to the Deansgate area. Plenty of decent places around there and easy striking distance by taxi/bus over the Irwell and into the hinterland. 

Two cracking pubs just off Deansgate

The Gas Lamp - a must if you like your craft beer.

The Old Nag's Head - good old fashioned boozer (allegedly George Best's favoured haunt...weren't they all!)

• Haha 1

Advert:

11 hours ago, Brian said:

Both far post headers, Garrity’s from open play, Smith’s from a set piece. Get your bets on now!

You have the gift.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, LancyTony said:

Wow - that was some dream!!!

I thought it was actually happening, but when I saw it was Dame Judy Dench crossing the ball I did start to wonder...

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, 1 said:

I thought it was actually happening, but when I saw it was Dame Judy Dench crossing the ball I did start to wonder...

Yes - that's always the giveaway...she's usually in goal!

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Advert:

Not scoring enough goals at present we need to find a way of creating and taking chances .

V Brentford 1 goal 

V Swindon 1 goal 

V Salford no goals 

V Leyton Orient 0 goals 

V Scunthorpe 1 goal 

V Forest Green 1 goal .

When was the last time D Worrall set up a goal  

When was the last time James Wilson scored a goal .

Since start of new year not creating enough and certainly not scoring enough so in light of that and the fact that goals are what the paying public come see cause generally if you score more than 3 in a game you usually win so in light of that and not because the players mentioned are not putting a shift in  they are but we are not winning often so here's my brave team selection .

Holy 

Smith Martin Hall 

Cooper       Walker        Hussey 

Charsley Pett 

Garrity Wilson 

I'd start with that team tomoz thought young lad from Leeds was excellent the other night but I'd like see Garrity played as high as possible and him not have to do his usual midfield job,he can play off Wilson , Charsley can do that job well aswell so that gives us more legs throughout the side .

Cooper comes in for Worrall try something different DC for all that endeavour he as very rarely being scoring or setting up goals his job along with Hussey is to create not say his overall game is not good but when it comes down to it it's very frustrating watching him not be effective as what he can be .

UTV 

Edited by Breadwinner

20 hours ago, jeffers said:

The Gas Lamp - a must if you like your craft beer.

Bridge Street isn’t a bad area at all to hang around or get a taxi from. Close to the Sawyers Arms, The Oast House and Crazy Pedro’s.

Not been in the Gas Lamp for years, it’s a cellar bar with plenty of character, fully tiled wales and a bit damp and musty inside. 

Bridge Street isn’t a bad area at all to hang around or get a taxi from. Close to the Sawyers Arms, The Oast House and Crazy Pedro’s.
Not been in the Gas Lamp for years, it’s a cellar bar with plenty of character, fully tiled wales and a bit damp and musty inside. 

The gas lamp used to be a children’s orphanage ! That’s the musty smell !

• Fosse69 changed the title to Match Thread: Salford City v Port Vale Postponed
  • Fosse69 locked this topic