Match Thread: Port Vale v Forest Green Rovers

Fosse69

Much better Vale. A draw was probably a fair reflection, just disappointed how we conceded. 

Great shift from Edmondson, seems a good foil for Wilson. On another note, does Nathan Smith just get the sponsors MOTM every week???? Seemed a lazy choice tonight, although he had a decent game. 

• Like 1

Advert:

Scrappy game, pitch and conditions didn't help. Draw a fair result for me.

They didn't seem any great shakes, couldn't handle Vale's pressing.

At the moment Vale are lacking quality in midfield and another experienced  striker on the pitch, pity 'cause if FGR are the best in this division there's not a great lot.

Advert:

9 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

You need a lie down pal. Getting far too worked up over this.

Embarrassing to lose your marker so easily like that. Very poor.

Again your the one getting worked up saying we should dock a players game for missing a header. Embarrassing. 

12 minutes ago, Boslem's Brazil said:

On another note, does Nathan Smith just get the sponsors MOTM every week???? 

Three in a row. Maybe he's better than some here think? Or our sponsors are Mr and Mrs Smith? 

Decent performance in horrible conditions. Awful goal to concede but they probably just about deserved a point. Over the two games we've played them this season, I have no idea how they are comfortably going to get promoted.

Considering we were missing Gibbons, Conlon and Proctor, three of our better players, four points from the last 6 after the run we were on is a decent return.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

That’s a good point. Tough conditions again, pitch is a really mess. Think it’s probably fair, 1st half excellent, 2nd half they came at us and we didn’t really concede any chances other than that set play, although I suppose they’d say the same. 

Wilson and Edmondson were great. Thought Hussey was excellent, garrity also and Martin had another solid game. Keeper looked better tonight. Only thing I would question is the subs, Amoo and Harratt up top isn’t the whole to go. Good point onto the next one. 

Think this will be Amoo's last few months at the club, regardless of where we finish.

• Like 2

Advert:

One fan on FGR forum claimed Stevens offside for goal. Generally commenting that a good point gained. They have Newport at home on Saturday. Vale must win against odious moneybags!

What baffles me is how a striker like Stevens with such a scoring rate is left unmarked in the box. One player should have been clinging to him like a limpet  / barnacle and another in very close proximity. 

Edited by Nightwish

Well it’s a great point and something to build on . If we can get a few more decent results this month then happy days. With some of the big guns back we could have a decent shot at the top end of the table.

• Like 3

Best we've played in months particularly first half. Feels like a kick in the nuts to come away without winning but if you'd offered me a point after watching that Scunny performance I'd have bitten your hand off.

• Like 4

I’d love to know if there were any suspicious spread betting patterns on yellow cards. I’ve never seen a referee resolutely refuse to get his cards out of his pocket* like the one tonight. Loads of mandatory yellows waved away. The assessor would have a field day.

*assuming he’d brought them with him. 

Advert: