onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Forest Green Rovers

Fosse69

Advert

11 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Given the set of games last night i'd of snapped hand off prior to the game for parity with the other teams who arguably had easier fixtures. So whilst it felt like a loss to me after the way we played it was a good nights work. Have to win at Salford on Saturday now to start a roll hopefully.

Echo what everyone else said about the officials. Atrocious, i expected the first booking to be us after the consistent fouling and bodychecks by FGR but for some unknown reason he chose to not book a single player. Complete ineptitude.

Totally agree - there is not enough scrutiny of lower League officials!  Not sure how to make it better, as they certainly won't use VAR at L1 / L2 levels because of cost. But, I feel clubs don't complain often enough - or loud and strongly enough? - Blaze / Quest have covered our Leagues for a few seasons - maybe clubs could request footage of contentious decisions? I suspect any answer to the problems would cost even more money - better fitness / training; bigger match fees linked to performance and more protection from the players on the pitch - we still see footage of refs being surrounded by players, not only the captain - book them all, except the captain. Do it often enough and players might get the message? I know it must be frustrating to have an incorrect decision given against you - we fans suffer it all the time! But there has to be change - maybe we, as fans, should get together and petition for better performances from matchday officials? Sorry to digress, but - as DC says - the officials missed 2 offsides leading to the corner from which they equalised! 

Delighted with first half last night so much hunger to win the  ball and press high up .

We are a good side if Martins prod goes in like it maybe should or the push on Edmondson resulted in  a pen we would have being 2 up .

Irrelevant now but felt half time came at a good time for FGR as second half we never seemed to be anywhere as good as what we were first half not surprised the players put a lot of hard yards in that 45 minute period .

I love DC but maybe in hindsight it's easier say after the  event he should have changed it much earlier as in future we need to kill games off not give teams any hope whatsoever. 

UTV 

3 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

Delighted with first half last night so much hunger to win the  ball and press high up .

We are a good side if Martins prod goes in like it maybe should or the push on Edmondson resulted in  a pen we would have being 2 up .

Irrelevant now but felt half time came at a good time for FGR as second half we never seemed to be anywhere as good as what we were first half not surprised the players put a lot of hard yards in that 45 minute period .

I love DC but maybe in hindsight it's easier say after tge event he should have changed it much earlier as in future we need to kill games off not give teams any hope whatsoever. 

UTV 

No one mentioned the blatant push on Worrall second half which should have been a penalty. There were 2 or 3 other times when their players had arms wrapped around ours in the box. If there was VAR we would have had at least 2 penalties.  Their goal came from a free kick for their player slipping over on the halfway line which led to their corner  shocking refereeing all round which I think cost us the 3 points. Overall good performance against league leaders and should have won

Just now, WV said:

No one mentioned the blatant push on Worrall second half which should have been a penalty. There were 2 or 3 other times when their players had arms wrapped around ours in the box. If there was VAR we would have had at least 2 penalties.  Their goal came from a free kick for their player slipping over on the halfway line which led to their corner  shocking refereeing all round which I think cost us the 3 points. Overall good performance against league leaders and should have won

Edmondson had arms wrapped around him for our goal.

Thought it was interesting how the team all ran towards Hussey instead of RE, I think they all thought he'd whipped it straight in.

2 minutes ago, Doha said:

Edmondson had arms wrapped around him for our goal.

Thought it was interesting how the team all ran towards Hussey instead of RE, I think they all thought he'd whipped it straight in.

To be fair from where I was sat in the paddock I wondered if it had gone straight in as well 

6 hours ago, Valiant62 said:

God forbid I say anything positive about the designated scapegoat but he may be losing that tag, so if anyone could let me know who to start slating now, I’ll get right on to it! 😹

I detect a leaning towards Tom Pett...not from me, I  might add!

The problem with having so much quality throughout the squad is sometimes a decent player needs a run of games to get up to speed and maintain a certain level. Players like Martin have been sitting on the bench quite a bit, then brought in to cover with no bedding in, they underperform perhaps, get slated then sit back on the bench for a couple more games. Now Martin has played a few in a row he seems to be growing in confidence, and also having the right players next to you makes a big difference that provide that foil to your game.

When was the last time we scored from open play?. Clarkes feeling the heat and blaming the pitch. Swindon and Brentford didn't look to bad on our pub pitch. He's getting his excuses ready for when we finish about 10th. Definitely a striker short.

1 hour ago, rob1983 said:

When was the last time we scored from open play?

Thats a fair criticism were we are at present but we also look much harder to beat.

We do lack that bit of guile and creativity in the central midfield area without Conlon but the link up play is developing nicely on the right side of the pitch between Woz and Wils is starting to open doors. Its coming...

1 hour ago, rob1983 said:

When was the last time we scored from open play?. Clarkes feeling the heat and blaming the pitch. Swindon and Brentford didn't look to bad on our pub pitch. He's getting his excuses ready for when we finish about 10th. Definitely a striker short.

A couple of weeks ago against Swindon.

Archived