onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Forest Green Rovers

Fosse69

27 minutes ago, Hoppers said:

Well obvs Cass is out now, but for me I prefer a solid defence and nicking the odd goal winner at this point. But do love to watch a Dan Jones 60 yard crossfield pass

sacrilege - but maybe Martin/Hall/Jones for the odd match? (just to rest Smith, as I think he has been brilliant)

For every 60 yard Crossfield pass that finds worral there are two that dont and give possession away. DJ will have to wait his turn imo.

Advert

36 minutes ago, Hoppers said:

Well obvs Cass is out now, but for me I prefer a solid defence and nicking the odd goal winner at this point. But do love to watch a Dan Jones 60 yard crossfield pass

sacrilege - but maybe Martin/Hall/Jones for the odd match? (just to rest Smith, as I think he has been brilliant)

We aren’t guaranteed clean sheets with this back three. So, do you gamble with a more offensive defence? We did well in first quarter with an offensive back line. I think it’s a tough one.

Think we took a lot out of FGR last night.

Unfortunately that may work against us as FGR are playing Newport on Saturday who are currently 3rd and will probably beat a tired FGR.

Its sods law that we have spiked the FGR bubble for everyone else's benefit and not got the 3pts ourselves.

54 minutes ago, Hoppers said:

big paragraph there - not sure but it might have said something positive about Martin, but I could be mistaken 😁 

seriously, I couldnt agree more with Valiant62 - thought he was great myself last night 

God forbid I say anything positive about the designated scapegoat but he may be losing that tag, so if anyone could let me know who to start slating now, I’ll get right on to it! 😹

God forbid I say anything positive about the designated scapegoat but he may be losing that tag, so if anyone could let me know who to start slating now, I’ll get right on to it!
The way the threads have gone over the past couple of weeks, my money's on Holy or Pett

23 minutes ago, Valiant62 said:

God forbid I say anything positive about the designated scapegoat but he may be losing that tag, so if anyone could let me know who to start slating now, I’ll get right on to it! 😹

Will get a list going 😂😂😂😂

Did Dangermouse enjoy and get back home OK?

I got caught on M6 junction 15, sat there 30 minutes then when started up again had to leave M6 at j14 to travel through Stafford so got home "late."  I took my Baggies mate to the game and he thoroughly enjoyed it saying we were the better team overall and if FGR are running away with Division then we surely are not that far off. 

6 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

In two games against us FGR have managed three shots on target. How on earth are they 19 points ahead of us?

Simple. They’ve not been hit with a ridiculous long term injuries to key players. 

2 hours ago, onestepatatime said:

Did Dangermouse enjoy and get back home OK?

I got caught on M6 junction 15, sat there 30 minutes then when started up again had to leave M6 at j14 to travel through Stafford so got home "late."  I took my Baggies mate to the game and he thoroughly enjoyed it saying we were the better team overall and if FGR are running away with Division then we surely are not that far off. 

Thank you onestepstatime! Staying with my son till Saturday morning as my granddaughter is 18 today!

Did enjoy the match and fully participated in the atmosphere. A little gruff today!!

Will report on my journey home in a Salford thread after we beat them!!😃

19 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

Garrity who’s chased literally everything all game infact all season? 

They couldn't have a go at Martin or Hussey,the usual targets but they have to choose someone moan about during what was an excellent performance by Vale last night...taking 4 points off a team that look clear champions.

30 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

They couldn't have a go at Martin or Hussey,the usual targets but they have to choose someone moan about during what was an excellent performance by Vale last night...taking 4 points off a team that look clear champions.

Anybody genuinely moaning at any player last night should seriously consider following a different sport.  Were we perfect, no, certainly not, but every player put a shift in and contributed to a great overall team performance against the team currently at the top of the table who in their previous fixture hammered their closest rivals.

We were a gnats cock away from winning the game.  What can’t folk see?

35 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

He played very well in general as did the whole team but if you don’t do basics and stick to your runner at set pieces , well it doesn’t matter because your going to concede.. Garrity reaction to the goal says it all really. 

Set- pieces are everything at this level- he/we must do better than that.We didn’t win the 1st header and lost the player for the flick on. 

He played very well in general as did the whole team but if you don’t do basics and stick to your runner at set pieces , well it doesn’t matter because your going to concede.. Garrity reaction to the goal says it all really. 
Set- pieces are everything at this level- he/we must do better than that.We didn’t win the 1st header and lost the player for the flick on. 
If you're looking to blame someone, try old hawk eye running the line. Without him missing the offside, that corner wouldn't have happened

2 minutes ago, philmpv said:
8 minutes ago, MBE said:

If you're looking to blame someone, try old hawk eye running the line. Without him missing the offside, that corner wouldn't have happened

OMG he was beyond inept. He never appeared to be in line with play.I don’t know how he missed the offside it wasn’t even close. The officials were proper <ovf censored> all night.

Archived