onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Forest Green Rovers

Fosse69

Advert

20 minutes ago, johnjeffersfanclub said:

Connor Hall is quickly becoming one of my favourite players. Been unreal so far.

And a word for Hussey. That's the best set piece delivery I've seen at Vale in 25 years. 

No real negatives tonight, though I wish Pett gave the ball away less. He's tidy and has a decent engine, but when TC is fit, we'll see a difference.

Completely agree, Hall been such a good signing, good on the ball, great defensively, such an upgrade on Legge.  Hussey again shows what a top player he is at this level and set plays really good, can see us getting a fair few goals from the remainder of the season.  I can see when Conlon is back a midfield 3 of him, Walker and Garrity. 

59 minutes ago, Doha said:

Unlucky Vale. Good performance.

That #22 should have been off for them. Appalling ref and liner on railway side. Appalling. 

Liner on the Lorne Street was no better.  Ref let FGR pull his pants down throughout the game.  Not the reason we didn’t win though, we weren’t clinical enough first half.  Other than that I’d say they’ll be far happier with the point than we are.

52 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Smith had a good game but no chance was he man of the match tonight. Wilson, edmondson, garrity, Hussey and Martin all better imo 

Give him credit,he kept Jamille Matt very quiet which not many central defenders  can say this year. A strong performance, good to see. 

Regarding Walker, he did give the ball away a few times tonight. There was also a moment in the second half. I think it was after we conceded, he let the ball slip past him and Martin had to clean up. 

i think we missed a Cass type player in the second half. When we had those corners to deal with we needed someone to run it out of danger, too many hoofs back to them, rinse and repeat. 

5 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Oh yeah he was very good, I just thought those others were better

Even Breadwinner gave Smithy MOTM. So he definitely was. For me it was more a team effort. Thought Hall had another good game. Wouldn't really single anyone out to be honest., 7+ all round.

Shame we couldn't hang on to the win tonight. The more the game went on it seemed as though we were waiting for them to equalise. Great first half and perhaps should have tried to get that important 2nd goal. We do let teams win a lot of midfield challenges which gains momentum for them as we are a little slow in getting the pass away, Pett guilty of this several times.

I know it's a point but our desire to kill the game with the second was lacking at times. We are missing that cutting edge or moment of brilliance that wins us those games.

Not sure 5-3-2 is going to get us the wins required. None of our 3 central defenders look that comfortable on the ball, Hall by far the best of the 3 with the ball at his feet.

Worrall wasted at wing back and Hussey lacks the pace although he is getting better by the game.

Thought Edmondson had a decent game but both him and Wilson drift to the wings far too much leaving us with no central presence, what we would give for a target man like Matt, he was a constant threat although we kept him reasonably quiet

Not confident we will reach the playoffs, need the equivalent of 12 wins from now on. Just can't see it happening.

Overall came away from the game thinking there was something missing, plenty of passion and commitment but a lack of cutting edge

1 hour ago, Guitar Ray said:

Liner on the Lorne Street was no better.  Ref let FGR pull his pants down throughout the game.  Not the reason we didn’t win though, we weren’t clinical enough first half.  Other than that I’d say they’ll be far happier with the point than we are.

DC not happy.

YOUR THOUGHTS ON THE GAME

Darrell Clarke: “I am very disappointed. Very disappointed that two offsides that led to a corner for their goals. Not one. Two.

“It cost us the game.

“That is why I am disappointed. I am disappointed for my players and my supporters. I thought both of those sets, players and fans, were outstanding and I thought we deserved to win.”

YOU WENT TO SPEAK TO THE OFFICIALS AFTERWARDS. WHAT DID THEY HAVE TO SAY?

“I just told him he has cost me the game. It’s not good enough.

“The linesman cost us the game, two offsides. He has to be able to see that and manage that. It’s really not a hard call.

“But that is the nature of the beast. I know they have a difficult job and I am speaking on emotion but I am disappointed that hasn’t helped us get the points.”

Just now, Heatwave said:

BTW, where were Radio Stoke tonight? Nothing before the match and by the time I got back to the car they had the closing stages of Crewe at Gillingham on. 

Nowhere. Water must have got in their two cans and a piece of string system. 

2 hours ago, Heatwave said:

Anyone know why Harratt's goal was disallowed for offside? I was at the wrong end but it looked to me like he started his run in the Vale half.

Couldn't see on iFollow, as the ball was kicked the camera was on the Vale player kicking the ball, Harratt and the half way line were not in camera view, at least on my screen. Same on the replay.

8 hours ago, LancyTony said:

Not a disaster, although disappointing we led for so long! Tranmere won / Northampton lost at home / all the others around us drew.  

Given the set of games last night i'd of snapped hand off prior to the game for parity with the other teams who arguably had easier fixtures. So whilst it felt like a loss to me after the way we played it was a good nights work. Have to win at Salford on Saturday now to start a roll hopefully.

Echo what everyone else said about the officials. Atrocious, i expected the first booking to be us after the consistent fouling and bodychecks by FGR but for some unknown reason he chose to not book a single player. Complete ineptitude.

Archived