onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Forest Green Rovers

Fosse69

Advert

We played well enough, gave it a good go and worked hard. We’ll always applaud that kind of performance and get behind the team.

A point was probably just about fair. We were very good first half but they controlled the second half. We barely had a shot in the second half and we were made to play a lot deeper. In the first half we played a lot higher up the pitch and were in their faces which meant that we could sustain attacks. Fair play to Forest Green though as they managed to get themselves a foothold back in the game.

The second goal was crucial. Personally I felt as if we lacked that extra bit of quality to either see the game out or go and get that second goal. 

We were really unlucky not to win tonight.

Great 1st half display could have been 2 up but the keeper made 2 great saves.

2nd half we weathered the storm and I thought we were looking very solid and comfortable. Linesman missed the offside which led to the corner which was very  disappointing but the officials were <ovf censored>  all night.

Positives we look very difficult to break down and I thought the back 3 were superb again. Martin now looking like the player I thought we signed in the summer.

An away win Saturday and this looks like a good point.

Our wing backs were pushed considerably deeper second half which led to them getting control of the game. 

First half we utilised the wing backs very well in terms of playing in their half. We were winning the ball high up which was leading to attacks. Second half Wilson and Edmondson were getting the ball in our own half. 

Just now, johnjeffersfanclub said:

Connor Hall is quickly becoming one of my favourite players. Been unreal so far.

And a word for Hussey. That's the best set piece delivery I've seen at Vale in 25 years. 

No real negatives tonight, though I wish Pett gave the ball away less. He's tidy and has a decent engine, but when TC is fit, we'll see a difference.

Think the difference was that they had Adams to bring on. None of our central midfielders out there today can control a game. However, they do all have great individual attributes.

15 minutes ago, fuzzyvalefan said:

No one has mentioned Walker yet. Thought he was fantastic tonight. Won everything in the middle.

Thought Walker had his best game so far on Saturday, and he continued tonight. With his height we win more headers in midfield and it seems to rub off on others too. (And no rugby tackles either.)

Enjoyed it tonight we have done more than enough first half win the game .

Second half not as good but what do you expect the lads put so much in however when Harratts put through he is onside from Wilsons ball turning point as that would be 2-0 maybe a more fairer reflection of the game I've just seen .

There equaliser is someone's fault but nevermind it was not meant be .

Fans superb tonight .

Man of the Match 

Smith .

First half we were terrific .

Enjoyed it immensely. 

Lucky Forest Green 

UTV 

Well, I’m not going to lie, I come away disappointed. That is ridiculous when you think that we bosses the first half and they the second, scored identical goals and we probably carved out a maybe one, perhaps two chances more. So a draw was probably fair. 

I think the frustrating thing is that yet again we switch off on a set-piece inside the last 10 mins of a tight game and hey presto, it costs us points. Different personnel but the same thing over and over again and it will cost us come the end of the season, just like it did in lockdown when we narrowly missed out.

Much better performance than Saturday helped by having Pett back in midfield, and Edmundson also played well, and Hussey was putting some cracking balls into the box. 

I have been a critic of Martin but since Hall’s arrival (he looks an incredible piece of business btw) they look solid at the back. Holy the Goalie needs to command his area a bit more for me, but was fine.

I thought their HT sub the big No 8 was quality and was at the heart of most of their earlier pressure. We needed to react to this but didn’t / couldn’t. You always now that when DC turns us round to attack Bycars 1st half we’ll start fast and the 2nd half will be a backs to the wall job, and that’s exactly how it was. Not entirely sure what Amoo offers these days which is a huge disappointment as he was a really exciting player but nowadays seems unwilling / unable to beat a man.

Finally, a word on the officials. A lot of the time refs / liners are accused of being ‘homers’. These guys were the polar opposite, we got nothing from him or the liner on the Lorne St. Their guy looked a mile offside in the incident that lead to the corner.

I really hope we can pick ourselves up and stick 3 past Salford without reply on Saturday because they were as bad if not worse than Scunny in my opinion.

Wilson MOM for me. He was everywhere at times, closing their back line down, putting in tackles, getting his head in, had that shot in the first half on the edge of the box. 

I thought on Saturday he was alright in patches, tonight he was an animal. 

Their first shot on target was their goal with 10 minutes to go. We should have won that. 

Also we should have had a penalty, a very obvious push in the box. I don’t think we’ve had a penalty so far this season.

I usually steer clear of Ref watch but he was abysmal tonight. Let FGR get away with a lot. Every time one of our players ran past theirs with the ball they brought them down. Not sure how there were no cards. 

3 games unbeaten though and something to build from. 

Archived