onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Forest Green Rovers

Fosse69

At the end of the day there a league 2 side that we have already comfortably beaten this season. Not having this view that they’re unbeatable and are a league 2 Barcelona and we should be happy to not get hammered. 

We’re at home, have a strong squad we should be looking to win this game, just like any other game. I don’t want to see us set up negatively and just wait for them to beat us. Play as we did at their place and we will be fine. I would go 352 and I was thinking same 11 as Saturday but with Pett in for Amoo, however I think I would play Garrity up front with Wilson and bring Charsley into the middle with Pett and Walker. I think Garritys constant chasing down could be key here. 

Advert

Scunthorpe was as much as 6/1 to beat us at the weekend, we are only 15/8 for this game so it’s not seen as anywhere near as unlikely as us losing at the weekend.

They are beatable as are we and it’s a league game. No reason we can’t win it but will be a tough one.

1 hour ago, bycarspete said:

Why not, footballs on the day, we are due a turnaround in our form, so why not Tues. We beat them at their place, so if on our game we can do it at home, keep believing, together we will achieve the goal, up the Vale.

Just watching Quest the pundits creaming themselves over Forest Green deserved on that performance in fairness v Tranmere .

Oh I am believing I would not be bothering going if I felt this Vale side were going lie down and have there bellies tickled .

It's 90 minutes 11 v 11 nothing more nothing less .

If Vale on top of there game we can beat everyone in this league .

There's certain things I'm seeing in games what suggests we are going back in the right direction (up the table ).

We are just not clinical enough at present went the Salford game we have three off the line blocked we have had a Hussey corner the one where Elliot broke the post really Hall should have headed that in the net on sat watched the highlights

we have had two free unchallenged headers they both should have bare minimum being on target making the opposition goalkeeper work there's just that missing touch .

On the plus side we are not giving opposition any clear cut chances at all and do not forget we still have players settling in to our style of play once settled you will see the difference then we all will .

I cannot wait vocally encourage all the Vale players tomoz .

ifeel we are due a game where everything goes in we might have to do v these as they are lethal ,credit to them .

UTV 

I remember us thumping Nathan Jones' Luton 4-0 under Aspin, when they ran away with the league. Football is a random sport and you get results like that.

That being said, we need to be miles better tomorrow than we have been for about 10 games, as even below-par FGR will have enough to be difficult.

I remember us thumping Nathan Jones' Luton 4-0 under Aspin, when they ran away with the league. Football is a random sport and you get results like that.
That being said, we need to be miles better tomorrow than we have been for about 10 games, as even below-par FGR will have enough to be difficult.

Luton has won 5-0 away at Swindon four days before as well and scored 24 in 8 with 6 wins and 2 draws in the lead up.

What happens game by game can change.

Apologies if it's been said elsewhere, but in this season of two halves, I'm seeing a lot of parallels so far between the first half and the second:

1. Lots of upheaval, even more comings and goings than expected, with the inevitable need to bed people in and time taken for DC to settle on a first choice XI and style of play (with people moaning about too much tinkering and how the people we've brought in don't look like much of an upgrade, especially our new LB who turned down L1 to play for us)
  2. Playing a cup game against a team from a higher division in red and white stripes and making a very good fist of it, with the scoreline flattering the visitors and everyone saying 'play like that against any L2 team and we'll win'
  3. Wilson taking time to get up to speed/fitness and start showing his full range of skills
  4. Disappointing first league game where the team wasn't quite at it and then any chance of a result was lost in a moment of madness from Lucas
  5. Inconsistent but relatively solid next three league games, with only one goal scored and conceded, and everyone saying 'we don't look good enough to challenge', 'where are the goals coming from' and 'why is Woz being wasted at wing-back'.

Then in the 5th league match we come up against Forest Green...

Fingers crossed the parallels continue, if so we've got a good next couple of months to look forward to.

KTF, TTP, UTV*

*other facile three-word slogans available on request from HMGovt

Up from Devon for this one. Went to FGR away and a splendid performance against a good side. 
It will be interesting to see the individual duels and I am looking forward to see how their strike force v our defence battles workout. 
Siting in the Bycars for the first time in over 30 years. ( ex season ticket holder in Lorne st) but concern about the pandemic for myself and my son dictates the decision.

The team will be much different from my last game, so I will be seeing a lot of new faces!!

Will be fully supporting my team all the way, getting behind the team at every opportunity. You locals don't know how lucky you are to watch the Vale on a regular basis! 😃

Not a great Amoo fan and would like to see the him replaced. Let's hope the midfield gets going, whoever is picked?

Will take a draw and be happy, a win and delighted. A loss, move on to the next game.

Enjoy the game. VTID

FGR have to lose sometime as this is Division 2 and even though they are running away with it, they are liable to falter sometimes. We are more than capable of beating them if the squad perform to near the high standards we have experienced earlier in the season. Vale must impose themselves from the off and with an anticipated good crowd we seriously can win. 3 points, then onto Salford and our stars returning sooner rather than later would ensure my palpitations will seriously rise again. Gooooaarrn Vale warm the cockles of Valiants hearts.

1 minute ago, onestepatatime said:

FGR have to lose sometime as this is Division 2 and even though they are running away with it, they are liable to falter sometimes. We are more than capable of beating them if the squad perform to near the high standards we have experienced earlier in the season. Vale must impose themselves from the off and with an anticipated good crowd we seriously can win. 3 points, then onto Salford and our stars returning sooner rather than later would ensure my palpitations will seriously rise again. Gooooaarrn Vale warm the cockles of Valiants hearts.

They've lost just twice and we can lay claim to one of those inflictions.  However, over the last couple of months their results have been truly awesome--let's hope that we can either complete the double over the runaway leaders, or at least hold them to a draw tomorrow evening.

Fingers (and everything) crossed!

Sammy Robinson can play I have read so does a lad from Man Citys excellent academy come straight in v top of the league means if he does then obviously one will come out be interesting to see if he does at team news at 19.00 tomoz evening .

Was already looking forwards to the game even more so now .

Lets hope that's a great signing 🙏 certainly hope so and I am sure we will be stronger for it 

UTV 

Archived