Chris Hussey

10 hours ago, Santa said:

Not a bad player, sometimes he looks less comfortable on the ball than he ought to be. Also a very different player to Gibbo.

I hope nobody who’s clutching their pearls about this thread was having a go at the new keeper yesterday. 

Yep. He's decent.

An issue here is that Gibbo's pace and tenacity was a key part of our build up - Hussey is a very different wing-back, with a better cross but physically a bit weaker. Not Hussey's fault but the team is drilled to look for the wing-back overlap, who then cuts back, and he isn't capable. He's a deeper, swing it in sort of player, which will require a shift in approach.

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 2

Advert:

1 minute ago, Paul6754 said:

Just a pity we haven't got an experienced striker good with his head, he'd have a field day with the crosses put in by Hussey, Worrall and Benning when he plays.

I simply can't get past the fact that we haven't sign any attacking player with a crumb of experience in this window. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Joe B said:

I simply can't get past the fact that we haven't sign any attacking player with a crumb of experience in this window. 

I agree, a tad disappointing to hear yesterday that Vale had been offered strikers but haven't acted, perhaps they weren't the right ones. In Vale's current situation still with a decent chance of promo, there has to be a way.

8 hours ago, Paul6754 said:

I agree, a tad disappointing to hear yesterday that Vale had been offered strikers but haven't acted, perhaps they weren't the right ones. In Vale's current situation still with a decent chance of promo, there has to be a way.

Advert:

If agents are touting these players round, they will have been offered to every man and his dog.

Question isn't necessarily about the wage structure but if those two are worth breaking the wage structure for.

Loft has scored 16 goals in his whole career thats not worth breaking the bank for and Hemmings is just another journey man looking for one last big payday. Other than the lad to Salford I cant think of any other experienced strikers being signed by anyone

• Like 1

Re the MOM conversation from Saturday. I'd put Hall in there. Really impressed.

Hussey had a very good game, but he does look like he's still finding his feet (understandable). He gives the ball away quite a lot and did in the first half hour. That said, it is league two.

Advert:

Whoever comes in today is of no relevance to me I know that Tommy Mcdermott (not ex Liverpool )Dave Flitcroft and the recruitment team will bring in hungry players .

Seasons past we would only have a few memories of someone doing something exciting in a game as at times we have over the years being dreadful in the main .

This season politics bursts Garritys lung busting runs Pett bogie like excellence on ball Jones long range balls to Worrall ,Walkers fighting for everything ball in the midfield zone it ain't pretty at times but beats opposition getting shots away .

Wilsons excellent when at it link up play Proctors all round excellence .

People getting excited about Cooper and Charlsley Cooper going put bums on seats if what I am hearing is correct look forwards to seeing him in action soon charlsley well thought of at Mansfield we didn't have a goal attempt v Walsall he scored 2 v them Halls a excellent all round addition .

I'd say the recruitment's being generally very good .

Over 5000 gates would suggest that others feel the same .

Add a few more bright sparks gates could be getting even higher.

Here's hoping 

UTV 

Edited by Breadwinner
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

9 goals in the last 2 years. 

To be fair, Wilson only managed ten in the same time and he's turned out OK. 😉 

To me, it's what they do in a Vale shirt rather than for other clubs that's more important. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

9 goals in the last 2 years. 

Scored a shed load in this league though. Last 4 seasons in league 2 he totalled 71 in 175. Granted probably more in his prime but think he could still do a job at this level 

14 hours ago, Joe B said:

It’s already been explained.  We have a budget and there’s a pay scale in place. Strikers tend to cost more than any other player, with maybe the exception of a good goal scoring midfielder.  In January that cost is going to be pushed even higher.  To get someone in may mean offering a long contract when a better player may be available in the summer.  We have Wilson returning and should have Proctor back at some point.

On the flip side you would hope that we replace Rodney, for whom who we’ve reportedly received a fee, with an experienced player, but it won’t be easy as me typing this.

Advert:

2 hours ago, robf said:

To be fair, Wilson only managed ten in the same time and he's turned out OK. 😉 

To me, it's what they do in a Vale shirt rather than for other clubs that's more important. 

Wilson is also 6 years younger so still has a future.