onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Chris Hussey

RayWalkers40yarder

Advert

Whoever comes in today is of no relevance to me I know that Tommy Mcdermott (not ex Liverpool )Dave Flitcroft and the recruitment team will bring in hungry players .

Seasons past we would only have a few memories of someone doing something exciting in a game as at times we have over the years being dreadful in the main .

This season politics bursts Garritys lung busting runs Pett bogie like excellence on ball Jones long range balls to Worrall ,Walkers fighting for everything ball in the midfield zone it ain't pretty at times but beats opposition getting shots away .

Wilsons excellent when at it link up play Proctors all round excellence .

People getting excited about Cooper and Charlsley Cooper going put bums on seats if what I am hearing is correct look forwards to seeing him in action soon charlsley well thought of at Mansfield we didn't have a goal attempt v Walsall he scored 2 v them Halls a excellent all round addition .

I'd say the recruitment's being generally very good .

Over 5000 gates would suggest that others feel the same .

Add a few more bright sparks gates could be getting even higher.

Here's hoping 

UTV 

5 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

9 goals in the last 2 years. 

To be fair, Wilson only managed ten in the same time and he's turned out OK. 😉 

To me, it's what they do in a Vale shirt rather than for other clubs that's more important. 

14 hours ago, Joe B said:

I simply can't get past the fact that we haven't sign any attacking player with a crumb of experience in this window. 

It’s already been explained.  We have a budget and there’s a pay scale in place. Strikers tend to cost more than any other player, with maybe the exception of a good goal scoring midfielder.  In January that cost is going to be pushed even higher.  To get someone in may mean offering a long contract when a better player may be available in the summer.  We have Wilson returning and should have Proctor back at some point.

On the flip side you would hope that we replace Rodney, for whom who we’ve reportedly received a fee, with an experienced player, but it won’t be easy as me typing this.

2 hours ago, robf said:

To be fair, Wilson only managed ten in the same time and he's turned out OK. 😉 

To me, it's what they do in a Vale shirt rather than for other clubs that's more important. 

Wilson is also 6 years younger so still has a future. 

I think a big thing for Hussey is that he hasn't had an opportunity to build a relationship with the players in his area of the pitch yet. In the Swindon game it was him Hall and Harratt covering the whole left side. The lack of understanding between him and Amoo on Saturday was really obvious. When he has had time to develop an understanding with those around him it will be fair to pass judgement.

2 hours ago, wotsyobeef said:

I think a big thing for Hussey is that he hasn't had an opportunity to build a relationship with the players in his area of the pitch yet. In the Swindon game it was him Hall and Harratt covering the whole left side. The lack of understanding between him and Amoo on Saturday was really obvious. When he has had time to develop an understanding with those around him it will be fair to pass judgement.

I wonder if him shouting aggresively at Amoo during the game will help them build an understanding? 

2 hours ago, wotsyobeef said:

Totally agree with this and its something DC has said himself.

New patterns and relationships will need to be formed and drilled into them. It why I think we went back to basics against Orient, keep it simple, heard to break down and layer the attacking parts on top over time.

We did it when DC first came in, we did it at the start of this season.... hopefully we get the same result this time around.

Average start for me.

Yes he put a couple of good crosses in on Saturday, but we didn't score in the 2 games prior so they cant be that amazing.

He always seems to check back when he gets the ball.

I do think there is a player in there though.

So, no scapegoating from me, plenty more time until I properly judge.

I wonder if him shouting aggresively at Amoo during the game will help them build an understanding? 
I agree..instead of shouting /geeing him up thought at the time DC should have lent him a scarf and a pair of gloves lad looked frozen standing there put his arm round him and asked what he wanted for tea

Archived