Match Thread: Port Vale v Scunthorpe United

Fosse69

Advert:

5 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

Everyone is saying Worrall in the starting line up. I haven’t seen the squad for todays game, but wasn’t he unavailable last week due to having Covid. If that’s the case surely he won’t be available and nowhere near optimum fitness.

He's been training since wednesday

• Thanks 1

Advert:

17 hours ago, gags 64 said:
18 hours ago, darren1810 said:
Holy
Worrall Smith Martin Hall Hussey
Walker Pett Garrity
Wilson Harratt
Subs: Stone, Cooper, Charsley, Amoo, Edmonson, Benning, Hurst

Am i missing anybody ? To me that is every player we have available for selection? So we have no Centre back cover at all now.

7 new signings in the 18. 

Dan Jones, or has he gone as well???

No recognised right back, how many changes today? Not firing up front. That said we should beat Scunthorpe. Gone from nailed on promotion favourites to also rans. Bit worried if I'm honest, only seen form in 'fits and starts' since November.

13 minutes ago, pete vale said:

No recognised right back, how many changes today? Not firing up front. That said we should beat Scunthorpe. Gone from nailed on promotion favourites to also rans. Bit worried if I'm honest, only seen form in 'fits and starts' since November.

What’s the issue with no fit right back? We don’t play with right backs unless we go to 4 at the back, which is very rare. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

What’s the issue with no fit right back? We don’t play with right backs unless we go to 4 at the back, which is very rare. 

Apart from we are dependant on Worrall for most of the creativity in the side? Cass and Gibbo will be massive misses.

2 minutes ago, pete vale said:

Apart from we are dependant on Worrall for most of the creativity in the side? Cass and Gibbo will be massive misses.

All season we’ve mainly relied on the wingbacks for creativity, at the moment Hussey and Worrall are the preferred wingbacks anyway now that Hussey has come in. So he needs to step up. Gibbos only missing for another 3 weeks or so. 

Edited by PV1973
  • Like 1

Advert:

1 minute ago, PV1973 said:

All season we’ve mainly relied on the wingbacks for creativity, at the moment Hussey and Worrall are the preferred wingbacks anyway now that Hussey has come in. So he needs to step up. Gibbos only missing for another 3 weeks or so. 

I just think we have become predictable and it shows. Hussey really does need to step up, hope he does starting today. Seems a lack of cutting edge up top, again Garrity has plugged the shortfalls but can't sustain this.

• Like 1

We haven’t got strikers who thrive off crosses so what’s the point? We haven’t played that way all season when creating chances. I thought Hussey struggled at Orient, I can only remember one decent ball in the second half and he seemed to have trouble missing the first man.  Trouble is that he isn’t a gibbo or a Worrall who are more dynamic IMO. 

Edited by PV1973
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Doha said:

Is the road outside the Leopard still closed?

It was open last night.  Just the footpath closed and the road narrowed very slightly in front of the pub.  All the windows are boarded up at the front. Very sad.

Edited by Guitar Ray
  • Like 1

Advert:

2 hours ago, Hoppers said:

If I were Brad Walker and was dropped today Id be really cheesed off

Agree with this but personally I’d rather see him in away games rather than at home ploughing round on our big pitch.  Definitely did enough in the last game to keep his place though.