Jump to content

Match Thread: Port Vale v Scunthorpe United


Fosse69

Recommended Posts

Holy
Worrall Smith Martin Hall Hussey
Walker Pett Garrity
Wilson Harratt
Subs: Stone, Cooper, Charsley, Amoo, Edmonson, Benning, Hurst
 
Am i missing anybody ? To me that is every player we have available for selection? So we have no Centre back cover at all now.
 
7 new signings in the 18. 
Dan Jones, or has he gone as well???
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, gags 64 said:
1 hour ago, darren1810 said:
Holy
Worrall Smith Martin Hall Hussey
Walker Pett Garrity
Wilson Harratt
Subs: Stone, Cooper, Charsley, Amoo, Edmonson, Benning, Hurst
 
Am i missing anybody ? To me that is every player we have available for selection? So we have no Centre back cover at all now.
 
7 new signings in the 18. 

Dan Jones, or has he gone as well???

Depends if he has recovered from his "knock" I guess. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

We're at home against a side we really should be beating, though it won't be a walk in the park. Can we please not go 5 at the back and do something a little different to what the opposition fully expect us to do? 

 

Holy

Smith (always done a job at right-back)

Hall

Jones (if fit - If not then Martin)

Hussey

Walker

Pett

Garrity

Worrall

Cooper

Harratt/Wilson

 

Bench: Stone, Martin/Jones, Benning, Chorley, Amoo, Edmondson, Wilson/Harratt

 

I think Wilson will really benefit once Proctor is back and we'll then start to see the best of him again. Imagine the above but with a fit Gibbons, Conlon and Proctor also in the mix. Tasty!

 

Edited by Beech
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New Guy dribbles the ball over the half way line and plays a laser beam pass into the feet of Who’s That. They turn to run into the box and lay it off for Don’t Know who chips the ball to the back post, Complete Stranger is there waiting ... GOAL!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 1 said:

New Guy dribbles the ball over the half way line and plays a laser beam pass into the feet of Who’s That. They turn to run into the box and lay it off for Don’t Know who chips the ball to the back post, Complete Stranger is there waiting ... GOAL!

Now I can't help but think of a Derek and Clive Live sketch about racehorses!!!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's he going do start with all the new players coming in the building .

Worrying times these are for Vale .

How's Jamie Proctor heard he was on the grass ,is he any closer to returning boy have we missed his all round excellence .

Teams changed now for sure .

Hope Jones is back 🙏 

A must win game for me this the emphasis has to be on attack. 

New lad from Mansfield must start .

Cooper must start .

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we'll stay with a back three, no matter. Perhaps we go for a slightly adventurous formation like we did against Colchester a while back? It would probably mean sacrificing someone who didn't play badly at Orient in favour of a more attack minded player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Beech said:

 

We're at home against a side we really should be beating, though it won't be a walk in the park. Can we please not go 5 at the back and do something a little different to what the opposition fully expect us to do? 

 

Holy

Smith (always done a job at right-back)

Hall

Jones (if fit - If not then Martin)

Hussey

Walker

Pett

Garrity

Worrall

Cooper

Harratt/Wilson

 

Bench: Stone, Martin/Jones, Benning, Chorley, Amoo, Edmondson, Wilson/Harratt

 

I think Wilson will really benefit once Proctor is back and we'll then start to see the best of him again. Imagine the above but with a fit Gibbons, Conlon and Proctor also in the mix. Tasty!

 

Nice - Im getting a warm feeling down below :). 

Even with the much maligned 3-5-2, I would love see a back three of Smith Hall Jones.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Reporting Posts and Ignoring Users

    Admin don't read everything. Don't assume we'll spot rule breaking. Please report posts and we'll act on ASAP. If you're logged in use the orange report post button. If you're not logged in, please use the contact form

    If you can't get on with another user you can "ignore" them. Follow the link, type in their username and save - Click here

    Check with admin if you wish to sell/auction any items. We're happy to support good causes but check first - Contact us here

  • Friends of OVF




×
×
  • Create New...