• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Match Thread: Port Vale v Scunthorpe United

Fosse69

Advert:

P&G caller calling Theo Robinson a traffic cone.  High light of P&G tonight.

Hopefully the new players will have settled in more by tuesday night and give us a fighting chance against FGR who seem to score for fun now. 

Just hope DC and CO don't go too deep and defensive tuesday and try to score on a few scraps like he has set up a few games this season.

7 minutes ago, Coyney Valiant said:

Glad for the  win against a really poor side and we weren’t much better 0-0 would a bin a fair result can’t see us troubling forest green on Tuesday on that performance though you never know utv 

Think you've sneaked this one into the wrong subject page mate!

Advert:

10 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

The most disappointed player today must surely be Aiden Stone. Did nowt wrong last week and kept a clean sheet yet he gets replaced by a bloke who makes Covolan look like the essence of calm good sense!

Three points deserved. Better of two teams. 

Agreed. Keeper looked all over the place and Stone has done nothing wrong 

• Like 1

Just now, valiant_593 said:

Agreed. Keeper looked all over the place and Stone has done nothing wrong 

As DC said, the goalie only came in late yesterday and met the players today. 

Hopefully, he will train with the players and show us and them what he can do.  His defence will then gain confidence in his abilities and we keep clean sheets more and more.

Feel for Stone, as you say not done too much wrong and drops to the bench.  He is learning his trade and hopefully will be No 1 soon.

Very disjointed performance, thankfully managed to turn it into 3 points. Really hope FGR had people watching that game, they'll turn up with their slippers on on Tuesday. All winning runs have to start somewhere, I strangely fancy us to nick something against FGR. New goalie looked shaky to say the least, but wasn't really tested. I'd like to see Cooper come in for Amoo on Tuesday, he seemed to have a bit of pace about him. 3 hard earned points closer tonight boys and girls.

• Like 1

Advert:

Just now, mr.hobblesworth said:

Feel far more pessimistic after the 3 points today than I did after we conceded 3 and lost to Oldham.

At this time in our season I’d rather play rubbish and pick three points up. It’s about winning games now after our slump in form and slip down the table. 

We played well against Sutton and Oldham and ended up losing. 

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

Conditions caused a scrappy game and ugly win but a W is a W.

Got to get key players bask asap 'cause it doesn't look like a real difference maker type player(s) is/are gonna be bought in.

Cooper looked a lively youngen 

• Like 3

Well that was a bad game, we were marginally the better of two poor sides. The problem I have with 3 CB’s is that with Garrity and Walker as the midfield (both were poor today for me) you are then reliant on one of the CB’s bringing the ball out of defence to create something. This happened once, when Hall threaded a beautiful ball through to Hussey 2nd half (who totally screwed up the cross and not impressed me so far), but other than that nothing, especially 1st half when we were just playing aimless long balls, and turning over possession. But again that’s hardly surprising with Martin and Smith, neither of whom are good with the ball at their feet. Harratt is still very raw, Amoo to be fair was earmarked as our dangerman and was double-marked, but even so seems frightened to death to take anyone on these days. I am definitely not convinced by Holy, he looked to have a very languid almost too casual look about him and did some incredibly strange things (the air-kick outside of the area 1st half, punching chest height crosses etc) that do nothing to instil confidence. Charsley added a bit more energy but on first impressions he not the type of midfielder we needed, more of a Ian Bogie-type schemer. Play that team against FGR and we’ll get spanked. Knowing Vale we’ll win 3-0.

19 minutes ago, PVFC764 said:

As DC said, the goalie only came in late yesterday and met the players today. 

Hopefully, he will train with the players and show us and them what he can do.  His defence will then gain confidence in his abilities and we keep clean sheets more and more.

Feel for Stone, as you say not done too much wrong and drops to the bench.  He is learning his trade and hopefully will be No 1 soon.

Is Stone injured? Crazy decision to play a keeper who hasn’t trained with the squad or not even met the team until this morning! Especially after Stone kept a clean sheet last match. I don’t particularly rate Stone and think we do need a new keeper but to me that decision is plain stupidity, one we got away with.

• Like 1

Advert:

For what it's worth. Keeper a bit dodgy, but thought his kicking was quite good (granted not the be all and end all). Hussey intrigues me, as he seems extremely cautious. He will take a ball over half way line on left, run at the man - beats him on outside, but he stops, cuts inside and has to beat the man all over again. Seen him do this several times over several games. Wilson still looks injured to me. Team not gelling at present, but Time will tell .....just wish the players would have confidence in their own ability. (Amoo). And lastly, why do none of the players want to make themselves available at throw-ins.