Match Thread: Port Vale v Scunthorpe United

Fosse69

Just now, Biddulph_PV said:

Absolutely zero, and I mean ZERO, creativity. Just lumping it forward and turning over possession. I’ve been a fan of Amoo but he seems frightened to take players on these days, constantly checking back and passing. Dare it say, but these have played the better football.

Was thinking the same about Amooooo.  The last couple of matches he just seems to run to their player with the ball and then pass back.  Previously he would knock the ball past them and easily go past them to cross the ball into the box.   Just seems to be lacking the confidence to do it now.

Advert:

Woeful so far. We look a million miles away from the team we were earlier on in the season. How do you quickly go from being top scorers in the league to looking quite pathetic as an attack?

Edited by Beech
  • Like 1

Just now, Bycarsbill said:

Oh dear, optimism getting crushed again! Have been hoping for a 'new dawn' since December, but hope is receding quickly!

Just absolutely nothing at the minute. Game feels completely flat like a reserve game almost.

Only player making an effort is Wilson 

Advert:

4 minutes ago, saintvaliant said:

3 at the back seems to have stopped working for us. Far too defensive in our set up.

Been saying it for ages but get shot down. We do not need 3 centre backs at home to second bottom. It’s beyond negative and Dosent suit us. Sick of it. 

• Like 1

Advert:

17 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

People might call me negative on here however as I said before the game. Middle 2 of garrity and Walker Dosent work. 343 is basically a back 5. For some reason we’re playing Wilson on right wing. They’ve just missed an absolute sitter. Hussey comfortably the best player. These look like a pub side. Nothing up front again  

Again why do we need 3 Centre backs here?!? 

Change it Dc 

Going to agree with your view on Walker… Get Pett on, will also be better on the deck into the wind 

Well as predicted this wouldn’t work. We do not need Martin smith and hall all on the pitch at home against second bottom and Walker in front of them. 

garrity and Walker as a midfield 2 was never going to work. And it hasn’t. Pett. Should have started and has to come on for one of the 3 centre backs so we control the midfield and get it down on the floor against the wind. These are as bad a team you will ever play and we don’t look much better.

Just play 442 or 433 for <ovf censored> sake DC stop it with this back 3 / 5 rubbish. 

Also, we never played with wingers when we had Politic, he leaves and we now pick Wilson out there. What’s that about? 

Dire. 

Advert:

1 minute ago, Iron Curtain said:

Going to agree with your view on Walker… Get Pett on, will also be better on the deck into the wind 

Have to, I really like Walker but in a midfield 3, second half against the wind we need to get the ball down. I’d take smith or Martin off (neither done anything wrong) and change to a back 4 and have garrity Pett and Walker ahead of them. I’d like to see Wilson moved up top as well. Or even move smith to Rb and push wozza up where Wilson is. 

Edited by valiant_593

Only good thing you can take from that half is its level.  

Fully expected them to attack with their only one, waltz through our midfield and defence and score.

DC and staff need to change their tactics and get the players to try harder.  I know the weather is not helping, but they seem to lack ideas at the moment.