• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Match Thread: Port Vale v Scunthorpe United

Fosse69

Advert:

32 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Let’s hope it stays as a 343 and Dosent get turned into a back 5 as it so easily can. Bit concerned about  that midfield if it’s a flat 4. Garrity and Walker in the middle seems a bit weak. Not sure why Pett isn’t starting 

That’s the whole idea of wing backs, it adds bodies up front when they push on and when you’re defending they can drop in to make you more solid. So to expect it to stay as a back 3 without the ball is unrealistic. 

Edited by PV1973

See FGR have taken the lead again.

Come on Vale, get a couple of goals today please.  3 points would be good.

Just missed a knock in - so probably one of those days again with weather and no bodies in the box.

Advert:

Reckon Grant could be going off crocked shortly, been limping for a while since the  tap in chance. Good as our MF is non existent. 

Edited by Doha

People might call me negative on here however as I said before the game. Middle 2 of garrity and Walker Dosent work. 343 is basically a back 5. For some reason we’re playing Wilson on right wing. They’ve just missed an absolute sitter. Hussey comfortably the best player. These look like a pub side. Nothing up front again  

Again why do we need 3 Centre backs here?!? 

Change it Dc 

Edited by valiant_593
  • Like 1

Advert:

1 minute ago, valiant_593 said:

People might call me negative on here however as I said before the game. Middle 2 of garrity and Walker Dosent work. 343 is basically a back 5. For some reason we’re playing Wilson on right wing. They’ve just missed an absolute sitter. Hussey comfortably the best player. These look like a pub side  

Change it Dc 

It’s shocking so far!

Sounds like the wind is playing its part, also the fact we don't seem to be attacking much.

Scunny are happy to take their time.  Their staff know that we will make stupid mistakes and allow them to score off their only attack in the later parts of the first half.

Come on Vale.

Advert:

Absolutely zero, and I mean ZERO, creativity. Just lumping it forward and turning over possession. I’ve been a fan of Amoo but he seems frightened to take players on these days, constantly checking back and passing. Dare it say, but these have played the better football.

7 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

People might call me negative on here however as I said before the game. Middle 2 of garrity and Walker Dosent work. 343 is basically a back 5. For some reason we’re playing Wilson on right wing. They’ve just missed an absolute sitter. Hussey comfortably the best player. These look like a pub side. Nothing up front again  

Change it Dc 

Hussey has been woeful 

1 minute ago, saintvaliant said:

3 at the back seems to have stopped working for us. Far too defensive in our set up.

I really think that Husseys natural instance is to drop in as a left back and if you notice his positions he is playing too deep a lot of the time. 

Edited by PV1973