onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Scunthorpe United

Fosse69

Pretty average performance against one of the worst sides I've seen this season.

Defence looked comfortable but in truth they offered that little its hard to judge. The Holy Goalie can't half kick a ball, was hitting their penalty box even against the wind.

Wilson in the second half looked like the Wilson we had just before his injury. Dropping into the space between defence and midfield, beating men with quick feet and getting shots off. Hopefully he's hitting full fitness again.

Advert

12 hours ago, Hoppers said:

Other than that, are we OK? 

It doesn't sound like we're OK but that's just me and Vale after nearly 47 years! I got carried away early doors thinking we were "HMS p*ss this Tin Pot League" as many said. In reality, we have faded due to mass injuries and Covid, etc. We're probably OK!! fella. I hope so. Just seen it so many times before.

49 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

I could be in the minority here but i actually thought that Martin had a decent game yesterday,I would also like to see more of Cooper who looked a livewire when he came on willing to run with the ball and has some pace about him.

Martins not been as bad as some make out. He’s just a decent no nonsense CB. Not sure on the stats but feel like we’ve picked up a fair few clean sheets with him in the side. Same as Hussey, some just have it in for him because he was signed to start over Gibbons. 

13 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

So how did the new players look.

Wheres the ratings .

Did Smith put the ball in  the net with his hand and why ?

Good win that Scunthorpe did double over us last season we have done double over them this season .

Just what was required after unlucky defeat v Salford in prior home defeat .

Glad we had some luck .

I'd go 6 for everyone. The exceptions 

Smith 7 , Garrity 7, Wilson 8 

Was going be stingy for Holy and Amoo but because we won they got a fortunate 6 too 

3 hours ago, werstayinup said:

I could be in the minority here but i actually thought that Martin had a decent game yesterday,I would also like to see more of Cooper who looked a livewire when he came on willing to run with the ball and has some pace about him.

I agree re Martin, I've also been impressed with Hall, defends well and has an eye for a forward pass. Jones might have have to wait a while to get his chance back as the left-sided CH.

Ben Garrity and Wilson 2nd half murdered them. We need more gut busting players to follow their examples in taking g a game to our opponents.  Ben never gave them any breathing space, he was in their faces continually. Wilson, when he dropped ayard from the penalty box manouvered so much space to turn in and then attempt to slide rule passes inside their defenders. Was class to admire. When all our injuries are solved by God we ought to show this proxy league we are back and here to cause havoc.

2 hours ago, Stockleys_socks said:

I agree re Martin, I've also been impressed with Hall, defends well and has an eye for a forward pass. Jones might have have to wait a while to get his chance back as the left-sided CH.

Hall looks already to be a real bargain. Assured, can pass and a good presence in the air.

4 hours ago, darren1810 said:

I'd go 6 for everyone. The exceptions 

Smith 7 , Garrity 7, Wilson 8 

Was going be stingy for Holy and Amoo but because we won they got a fortunate 6 too 

Appreciate the reply .

Thanks bring on the Forest Green tues night how good they are surely they should bring all there home gate you would think 

UTV 

2 hours ago, Stockleys_socks said:

This isnt a reply to the quote above, as I agree completely with the comments on Hall and that Martin played well.

However, there is a problem with a vocal minority of Vale fans (and football fans in general) in that they succumb to groupthink - a bunch of "supporters" decide player 1 is crap and start to heckle. Others around them start watching player 1 for mistakes and then join in the heckling (even if players 2-11) are making more mistakes. Hence, it spreads like chinese whispers and player 1 will always be crap.  Insert your own names for player 1............... but THIS season alone, id venture to a greater or lesser extent Martin (every game), Rodney, Wilson, Walker, Hussey (after game number 1), Johnson (also game 1) and even Holy yesterday (game 1) - over half the first team and iv probs forgotten some - it would be laughable if it wasnt so sad.

Archived