onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Scunthorpe United

Fosse69

So how did the new players look.

Wheres the ratings .

Did Smith put the ball in  the net with his hand and why ?

Good win that Scunthorpe did double over us last season we have done double over them this season .

Just what was required after unlucky defeat v Salford in prior home defeat .

Glad we had some luck .

Advert

16 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

Did Smith put the ball in  the net with his hand and why ?

He put it  in with something. Unlike our strikers. They didn't complain. Why? Won us the game.

Seriously I think he poked it in from six inches out.  Good delivery. 

You really do have problem with Smithy. He scores the winner and it's the "wrong type". 

15 minutes ago, toyahw said:

He put it  in with something. Unlike our strikers. They didn't complain. Why? Won us the game.

Seriously I think he poked it in from six inches out.  Good delivery. 

You really do have problem with Smithy. He scores the winner and it's the "wrong type". 

I've watched it doesn't look to me like he as put it in with his hand must be fans on a wind up .

Yes you are right should have had 3 in second half someone kept putting our missed chances on Port Vale V.T.I.D .Harratt hit the post headed wide from quality ball in from Wilson and Wilsons headed a great chance wide  from a quality ball  from Hussey .

Wonder why Pett didn't play has he being playing injured .

Garrity I heard was tackling everyone a great leader that lad .

Martin having a run in the side 2 clean sheets and lets face it a good solid win that bring on Forest Green a game where I will be going .

3 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

I've watched it doesn't look to me like he as put it in with his hand must be fans on a wind up .

Yes you are right should have had 3 in second half someone kept putting our missed chances on Port Vale V.T.I.D .Harratt hit the post headed wide from quality ball in from Wilson and Wilsons headed a great chance wide  from a quality ball I from Hussey .

Wonder why Pett didn't play has he being playing injured .

Garrity I heard was tackling everyone a great leader that lad .

Martin having a run in the side 2 clean sheets and lets face it a good solid win that bring on Forest Green a game where I will be going .

They had a few chances. We had a few more. So we deserved it. Just.  I  like your optimism and think we can do a job on the carrot munchers. UTV

On 28/01/2022 at 12:24, Breadwinner said:

We are at home should be looking to  be on the front foot no problem with Smith but watched enough of him to safely say he is a midtable league 2 defender .

If we wish to stay as a league two club keep playing him just feel he is a stopper nowt else .

Port Vale over the years have had loads of set pieces ,corners etc how often does he get his head on anything in the opposition box (it's a very rare event ok he is due one eventually but generally he never wins first phase ball to create panic in the opposition penalty area and for me he may as well be the player told stay back in our half .

Just feel Cass for example comfortable on the ball moves it quickly and always involved in the games I've seen in a positive way ,Hall looks like he can play as well good on the ball also Jones is quality also funny how results gone  pear shaped without him and Martin has never had a run of games so he cannot strike any form of relationship with any of the other 2 of the 3 at the back when he comes in he looks indecisive because of lack of playing time give him a run of games and he may be a lot better than what folk on some Vale sites think he is .

Hussey the part you wrote about him is correct however if he is wing back it's is job create like Gibbons job was to create and boy that lads enthusiasm alone got him into fantastic positions for Vale to prosper from his excellent overall positive play, just feel Hurst will go around someone and he can put a fantastic ball in also and yes a surprise inclusion but I want Vale hit them and hit them from all areas  

The team I chose like I put will not be the team and Smith will play (out of contract at end of season so he as everything to play for )lets hope he is more positive on the ball than what he usually is not that I will be there as am not going so be of no concern of mine if he is or isn't but for the Vale faithful  

UTV 

Smithy must have read your comments mate….can you do the same again on Tuesday about the rest of the squad 🙏

24 minutes ago, maccapvfc said:

Smithy must have read your comments mate….can you do the same again on Tuesday about the rest of the squad 🙏

Good glad he did read them .

Will be doing a thorough look at all players for tues nights game can see a resounding win for Vale missed it today going the game that is theres nothing like being at a game its horrible looking at sporting life stats not the same as encouraging the players .

9 clean sheets this season 11 more to get in play offs so I will take 11 1-0 wins .

Good to hear Wilson is getting some form back .

We seem to be stronger since Walkers come in the side he may not give as much final third as Conlon ,  I think he as played about 6 games and we kept clean sheets in four so he is doing his job very well 

So yes all to play for as season goes on well done Smithy at the end of the day I want him prove me wrong I want him be a top end championship player because that means Vale are doing superbly 

11 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

Good glad he did read them .

Will be doing a thorough look at all players for tues nights game can see a resounding win for Vale missed it today going the game that is theres nothing like being at a game its horrible looking at sporting life stats not the same as encouraging the players .

9 clean sheets this season 11 more to get in play offs so I will take 11 1-0 wins .

Good to hear Wilson is getting some form back .

We seem to be stronger since Walkers come in the side he may not give as much final third as Conlon ,  I think he as played about 6 games and we kept clean sheets in four .

So yes all to play for as season goes on well done Smithy at the end of the day I want him prove me wrong I want him be a top end championship player because that means Vale are doing superbly 

You're a good lad mate. I appreciate our too and fro on Smithy.  End of the day we all want the same.  Vale win. Not pretty today.  But we did the job. The good lady is wondering why I feel surprisingly happy. "But Scunthorpe are w a n k"  she said.  Knows her football.   

Garrity had a good second half. Thought walker had a poor game, too pedestrian. Wilson was brilliant second half but it was cramp that he went down with. Thought Edmondson did well when he came on and carried the ball well at times. The young lad from Huddersfield worked really hard and I think has a decent future. Hall looks a good signing.

Hussey hasn't quite found his radar but he is involved a lot. He must have touched the ball more than anyone. I think we caused a lot of trouble down the left. I think he looks a decent player, I'm not sure why people are so critical of him.

New keeper took too long to clear and kick it but never looked like conceding. Worrall played further forward second half and looked better for it.

It was terrible conditions to be fair, the ball was moving all over the place and even simple passes are difficult.

3 hours ago, Santa said:

If a team uses the concussion protocol to make a fourth sub, is there any chance someone could announce it over the PA system? Otherwise people (not me) get confused. 

Thanks for that, thought I was going mad. Couldn't believe when they made a 4th sub. Asked how many subs can you make, is it still 3. Was told yes. I said,  well they have already made 3. Everyone thought they had only made 2, probably missed the one at half time.

Makes sense now 

Archived