onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Scunthorpe United

Fosse69

Advert

That was a grind in horrible conditions but 4 points from the last two games and two clean-sheets when you're clearly nowhere near what you're capable of isn't anything to be too gutted about!

We will need to play much, much better next week otherwise it could be messy.

Needed that. Better 2nd half although couldn’t have been worse than first half. Hussey and Wilson I thought did well. Garrity 2nd half as well. 

Still don’t think the formation works at all, we’re wasting a player with 3 centre backs at home. Garrity and Walker is not a midfield 2. Where is Pett? Why didn’t he even get on the pitch today? 

I’d be pretty damn angry if I was Stone as well. Holy looked dodgy as <ovf censored>, dodgy on the ball and some poor punches off crosses. 

Still think we looked poor and we’re lucky to play such a bad side, they could and should have got a point at the end really. 

433 next game please DC or at least set up with a straight back 4. Good for Wilson to get 90 mins and look much fitter. 

Id like to see a few changes for Forest Green, certainly the likes of Pett to come back into the side. 

Awful first half, better in the 2nd but big 3 points. 

1 minute ago, valiant_593 said:

Needed that. Better 2nd half although couldn’t have been worse than first half. Hussey and Wilson I thought did well. Garrity 2nd half as well. 

Still don’t think the formation at all, we’re wasting a player with 3 centre backs at home. Garrity and Walker is not a midfield 2. Where is Pett? Why didn’t he even get on the pitch today? 

I’d be pretty damn angry if I was Stone as well. Holy looked dodgy as <ovf censored>, dodgy on the ball and some poor punches off crosses. 

Still think we looked poor and we’re lucky to play such a bad side, they could and should have got a point at the end really. 

433 next game please DC or at least set up with a straight back 4. Good for Wilson to get 90 mins and look much fitter. 

Id like to see a few changes for Forest Green, certainly the likes of Pett to come back into the side. 

Awful first half, better in the 2nd but big 3 points. 

Forest Green are scoring goals for fun-an incredible scoreline at Tranmere who rarely concede! I know we beat them at their place, but I fear the worst when they come to Vale Park.

Have not being  found a way win seen a few highlights though Wilson should have headed home as should Harratt and first half we hit post but the follow up should have been hammered in .

Hussey put a great ball in and Smith couldn't miss .

A good scrappy win that .

Should give them some confidence ,looks like they haven't had any chances on the stats so solid but unspectacular win 

25 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

I was mainly on about setpieces. But whilst hes put in a couple of decent balls into the box, I think more often than not he hasn’t. Been really disappointed with him and his delivery has been no better than Worrall or gibbo. I certainly don’t think he’s an upgrade on either of those. 

Fair enough agree to some sense. I think he’s been very good along with hall, set plays much better today. I’d say he’s like Worrall and Gibbons, if we then decide to play 433 that allows gibbons one side, hussey the other and Worrall further up 

12 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Fair enough agree to some sense. I think he’s been very good along with hall, set plays much better today. I’d say he’s like Worrall and Gibbons, if we then decide to play 433 that allows gibbons one side, hussey the other and Worrall further up 

I don’t think he’s direct enough as a wing back and tends to drop back to a more defensive position. He plays a lot of backward balls and sits too deep IMO. I think he got behind them once today from a great through ball from Walker and that’s not enough. I think Worrall and gibbo have more energy about their play as well that takes the game to the opposition. He’s steady enough I guess. 

You wonder what DC and Co see in playing Worrall so far back in the pitch.  We seem to play better when Worrall plays further up the pitch.

Glad of a very scrappy 3 points today.  Without it we could write off the auto places.  Now it is still possible.  

Still lots of teams able to put in a run, so the close of season is going to be interesting and very nerve wracking.

Archived