onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Scunthorpe United

Fosse69

Well as predicted this wouldn’t work. We do not need Martin smith and hall all on the pitch at home against second bottom and Walker in front of them. 

garrity and Walker as a midfield 2 was never going to work. And it hasn’t. Pett. Should have started and has to come on for one of the 3 centre backs so we control the midfield and get it down on the floor against the wind. These are as bad a team you will ever play and we don’t look much better.

Just play 442 or 433 for <ovf censored> sake DC stop it with this back 3 / 5 rubbish. 

Also, we never played with wingers when we had Politic, he leaves and we now pick Wilson out there. What’s that about? 

Dire. 

Advert

1 minute ago, Iron Curtain said:

Going to agree with your view on Walker… Get Pett on, will also be better on the deck into the wind 

Have to, I really like Walker but in a midfield 3, second half against the wind we need to get the ball down. I’d take smith or Martin off (neither done anything wrong) and change to a back 4 and have garrity Pett and Walker ahead of them. I’d like to see Wilson moved up top as well. Or even move smith to Rb and push wozza up where Wilson is. 

Only good thing you can take from that half is its level.  

Fully expected them to attack with their only one, waltz through our midfield and defence and score.

DC and staff need to change their tactics and get the players to try harder.  I know the weather is not helping, but they seem to lack ideas at the moment.

Pass back, pass back, miscontrol it, hoof it forward, lose it and repeat. What a load of **** that was. What's happened to the press, no energy and little skill. Making their number 6 look like Van Dijk and letting Grant stroll around as though he has the freedom of Burslem.

The worrying thing is that we know Wilson will be going off within the next 10-15 mins so then what????

So assuming Wilson does go off I’d go:

Holy

Smith-Hall-Martin-Hussey

Garrity-Worrall-Walker

Amoo-Harratt-Cooper

We desperately need some creativity in midfield and Worrall is the only one I think can provide it. 

Archived