onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Scunthorpe United

Fosse69

2 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Cass won’t be playing. Good news on gibbo and Conlon, we miss those 2 when they don’t play. Maybe Amoo will feature tomorrow to add some pace to the side. 

Amoo seems to run forward 3 paces the turns around and passes backwards 

Advert

1 hour ago, Joe B said:

The Vale Twitter account claims that we have our 'highest ever points tally at this stage of the season in League Two', which is surely utter nonsense?

I think they mean the highest points total since we got relegated to League Two, which is no achievement considering the last 4 seasons.

After 24 matches in 2012 we had just beaten Dagenham away, we were top with 46 points.

8 minutes ago, osprey said:

Amoo seems to run forward 3 paces the turns around and passes backwards 

Because he played on the left in his last game, and he doesn't have a left foot. He beats his man and then has to come back onto his right.

9 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Because he played on the left in his last game, and he doesn't have a left foot. He beats his man and then has to come back onto his right.

True 

always frustrating to have footballers who can only kick with one foot

58 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Holy

Cass Hall Jones

Worrall Garrity Pett Charsley Hussey

Wilson Harratt 

Bench: Stone, Smith, Benning, Walker, Cooper, Amoo, Edmonson

No Smith as the wide CBs need to be able to bring the ball out and I prefer Hall as the main CB. Charsley straight in as we need more 'oomph' in the middle. 

Gibbo and Conlon probably both out for best part of a month, which isn't disastrous but we could be finished by then + have tough fixtures.

Anyone else feel like we lack pace?

IF both fit, we have to start Cass  Hall  Jones as the back three.

Not the fastest, yes we do lack pace but they offer a forward drive and this also pushes the midfield to drive forward. Please not smith on the right. If they have two target strikers then we must play 4 4 2 with Smith and Hall together otherwise lets go for it from the back.

Obviously not sure about Charsley but  Walker  Pett  Garrity is a poor midfield three and offers little in drive forward.

Wilson  Harratt  -  best option really, i think but again a big doubt remains !!

Lets hope our subs can be used to change our gam if needed and not out of necessity for injuries / sending off.s 

Come on Vale. we need this one

1 minute ago, Sandyford_Lion said:

IF both fit, we have to start Cass  Hall  Jones as the back three.

Not the fastest, yes we do lack pace but they offer a forward drive and this also pushes the midfield to drive forward. Please not smith on the right. If they have two target strikers then we must play 4 4 2 with Smith and Hall together otherwise lets go for it from the back.

Obviously not sure about Charsley but  Walker  Pett  Garrity is a poor midfield three and offers little in drive forward.

Wilson  Harratt  -  best option really, i think but again a big doubt remains !!

Lets hope our subs can be used to change our gam if needed and not out of necessity for injuries / sending off.s 

Come on Vale. we need this one

Cass won't play, apparently. Unsure if we'll see him again from what's been said. Smith at RCB the only option. 

2 minutes ago, Sandyford_Lion said:

Oh no. Smith it is then for sure.

Gibbons can play on the left. Can Benning or Hussey play on the right i wonder ???

Hope Jones is fit too or Martin will be in again. WOW Smith and Martin as ball playing wide defenders, doesnt offer much does it. Certainly not at home when we need a win.

10 minutes ago, Sandyford_Lion said:

Gibbons can play on the left. Can Benning or Hussey play on the right i wonder ???

Hope Jones is fit too or Martin will be in again. WOW Smith and Martin as ball playing wide defenders, doesnt offer much does it. Certainly not at home when we need a win.

Simple fix to that is to change the formation, I know it won’t happen though 

In light of Cass absence, a solution to the RCB could be Walker. Personally I would prefer us to move away from 352 and revert to 433 with Smith at RB. I feel it will suit better and would leave good options on the bench to change things around if needed..

Holy Smith Martin Hall Hussey Garrity Walker Pett Wozza Wils Amoo.

Archived