onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Scunthorpe United

Fosse69

Interesting thoughts from Keith Hill:

"We've got to go with honesty and be humble. We have to respect the opponents. We're going there to try and win the game, or otherwise we may as well sit at home and accept our fate. We're looking forward to it and we've got to be brave.

"With respect to the opposition, they were my outstanding favourites to get promoted at the beginning of the season, purely because of the recruitment drive they went on and they have a real methodology in the way they want to play. Their recruitment and structure behind the scenes is all driven towards success, but on that road there are little bumps where you don't have positive results and have to reset quickly.

Advert

The Vale Twitter account claims that we have our 'highest ever points tally at this stage of the season in League Two', which is surely utter nonsense?

I think they mean the highest points total since we got relegated to League Two, which is no achievement considering the last 4 seasons.

3 hours ago, maccapvfc said:
9 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

My team not that it matters what team I put as it will not be Clarkes team as he as is favourites 

Stone 
Cass Martin Hall 
Worrall    Walker (hussey)        Hurst 
     Garrity Pett 

Harratt Wilson 
Play Hussey in Central mid with Pett and allow Garrity Hurst Worrall Harratt and Wilson hit them from all areas .
If jones fit put him in for Martin 
UTV.

Let's move the ball crisply and lets see if the extra height of either Jones or Martin can put the ball in the Scunthorpe net .

I think Hurst coming in on  his right foot could work a treat Hussey passes sideways and backwards go for the throat Vale not to say Hussey ain't a good player but I cannot see Wilson heading a cross in anytime soon ,maybe Harratt will though so if Hussey selected no problem with that  .

Clarkes team will be this lets hope its justified as we are at home and we need to play with tempo not slow dire passing and movement bloody move and quickly .

The same team as Orient away bar Cass for Gibbons will be clarkes selected side for sure .

Time for the Vale give the home fans a performance for both halfs not just a spell here and there a 90 minute one where our desire to score is greater than there's and our desire for them not to score is to the standard it needs be  

I do not buy this that these are a poor side we in the past 12 months have made Kings Lynn a good side plus many more with  embarrassing no shows we ain't had a all round performance since Colchester at home so we need step up if we want be nearer the top of the league. 

Here's hoping for a result to match the performance 

UTV 

Expand  

Not to dig you out, but have we really stooped to this level - "Clarke only picks his favorites"...........given your past obvious dislike to Smith, I assume you mean him. 

We are at home should be looking to  be on the front foot no problem with Smith but watched enough of him to safely say he is a midtable league 2 defender .

If we wish to stay as a league two club keep playing him just feel he is a stopper nowt else .

Port Vale over the years have had loads of set pieces ,corners etc how often does he get his head on anything in the opposition box (it's a very rare event ok he is due one eventually but generally he never wins first phase ball to create panic in the opposition penalty area and for me he may as well be the player told stay back in our half .

Just feel Cass for example comfortable on the ball moves it quickly and always involved in the games I've seen in a positive way ,Hall looks like he can play as well good on the ball also Jones is quality also funny how results gone  pear shaped without him and Martin has never had a run of games so he cannot strike any form of relationship with any of the other 2 of the 3 at the back when he comes in he looks indecisive because of lack of playing time give him a run of games and he may be a lot better than what folk on some Vale sites think he is .

Hussey the part you wrote about him is correct however if he is wing back it's is job create like Gibbons job was to create and boy that lads enthusiasm alone got him into fantastic positions for Vale to prosper from his excellent overall positive play, just feel Hurst will go around someone and he can put a fantastic ball in also and yes a surprise inclusion but I want Vale hit them and hit them from all areas  

The team I chose like I put will not be the team and Smith will play (out of contract at end of season so he as everything to play for )lets hope he is more positive on the ball than what he usually is not that I will be there as am not going so be of no concern of mine if he is or isn't but for the Vale faithful  

UTV 

Holy

Cass Hall Jones

Worrall Garrity Pett Charsley Hussey

Wilson Harratt 

Bench: Stone, Smith, Benning, Walker, Cooper, Amoo, Edmonson

No Smith as the wide CBs need to be able to bring the ball out and I prefer Hall as the main CB. Charsley straight in as we need more 'oomph' in the middle. 

Gibbo and Conlon probably both out for best part of a month, which isn't disastrous but we could be finished by then + have tough fixtures.

Anyone else feel like we lack pace?

23 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Holy

Cass Hall Jones

Wilson Harratt 

No Smith as the wide CBs need to be able to bring the ball out and I prefer Hall as the main CB. Charsley straight in as we need more 'oomph' in the middle. 

Gibbo and Conlon probably both out for best part of a month, which isn't disastrous but we could be finished by then + have tough fixtures.

We've been lacking in pace for a while now. I was hoping that DC's MO would be be more pace-led instead of the cautious, steady multi-passing build-up we're now seeing.

27 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Holy

Cass Hall Jones

Wilson Harratt 

Cass won’t be playing. Good news on gibbo and Conlon, we miss those 2 when they don’t play. Maybe Amoo will feature tomorrow to add some pace to the side. 

Archived