onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Scunthorpe United

Fosse69

Holy looks small to me. In my MA award ceremony I sat next to a 7 foot 1 inch policeman who needed two seats really and got my award from a 7 foot 2 inch vice chancellor. But obviously I am expecting him to have a spiritual effect on crosses as well and to come for them with divine intervention.

Advert

My team not that it matters what team I put as it will not be Clarkes team as he as is favourites 

Stone 
Cass Martin Hall 
Worrall    Walker (hussey)        Hurst 
     Garrity Pett 

Harratt Wilson 
Play Hussey in Central mid with Pett and allow Garrity Hurst Worrall Harratt and Wilson hit them from all areas .
If jones fit put him in for Martin 
UTV.

Let's move the ball crisply and lets see if the extra height of either Jones or Martin can put the ball in the Scunthorpe net .

I think Hurst coming in on  his right foot could work a treat Hussey passes sideways and backwards go for the throat Vale not to say Hussey ain't a good player but I cannot see Wilson heading a cross in anytime soon ,maybe Harratt will though so if Hussey selected no problem with that  .

Clarkes team will be this lets hope its justified as we are at home and we need to play with tempo not slow dire passing and movement bloody move and quickly .

The same team as Orient away bar Cass for Gibbons will be clarkes selected side for sure .

Time for the Vale give the home fans a performance for both halfs not just a spell here and there a 90 minute one where our desire to score is greater than there's and our desire for them not to score is to the standard it needs be  

I do not buy this that these are a poor side we in the past 12 months have made Kings Lynn a good side plus many more with  embarrassing no shows we ain't had a all round performance since Colchester at home so we need step up if we want be nearer the top of the league. 

Here's hoping for a result to match the performance 

UTV 

5 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

My team not that it matters what team I put as it will not be Clarkes team as he as is favourites 

Stone 
Cass Martin Hall 
Worrall    Walker (hussey)        Hurst 
     Garrity Pett 

Harratt Wilson 
Play Hussey in Central mid with Pett and allow Garrity Hurst Worrall Harratt and Wilson hit them from all areas .
If jones fit put him in for Martin 
UTV.

Let's move the ball crisply and lets see if the extra height of either Jones or Martin can put the ball in the Scunthorpe net .

I think Hurst coming in on  his right foot could work a treat Hussey passes sideways and backwards go for the throat Vale not to say Hussey ain't a good player but I cannot see Wilson heading a cross in anytime soon ,maybe Harratt will though so if Hussey selected no problem with that  .

Clarkes team will be this lets hope its justified as we are at home and we need to play with tempo not slow dire passing and movement bloody move and quickly .

The same team as Orient away bar Cass for Gibbons will be clarkes selected side for sure .

Time for the Vale give the home fans a performance for both halfs not just a spell here and there a 90 minute one where our desire to score is greater than there's and our desire for them not to score is to the standard it needs be  

I do not buy this that these are a poor side we in the past 12 months have made Kings Lynn a good side plus many more with  embarrassing no shows we ain't had a all round performance since Colchester at home so we need step up if we want be nearer the top of the league. 

Here's hoping for a result to match the performance 

UTV 

Not to dig you out, but have we really stooped to this level - "Clarke only picks his favorites"...........given your past obvious dislike to Smith, I assume you mean him. 

Play Hussey centre mid, the Hussey that is famous for his deliveries into the box and probably the sole reason we were in for him. Why would you play Jones, a left back/WB in a Sweeper role? He's 6 foot, whilst still tall - he's not as tall as Martin 6'3 and Hall 6'4 - so surely you'd move Hall to the sweeper role and Jones in the LCB role which he has excelled out previously? 

Not every cross into a box is reliant upon someone being able to head the ball in, and whilst heading isn't Wilson main attribute, I wouldn't particularly say that it is an absolute weakness. 

When hussey and benning have played, we don't appear to have great options available for them to move forward - which forces them back and sideways, rather than it being their lack of confidence in making a forward pass. 

11 hours ago, philmpv said:
12 hours ago, jjvale_03 said:
Quite simply if we can't turn over a truly awful, out of sorts, goal-shy Scunthorpe United on Saturday then we can say goodbye to any hopes we have of promotion this season.

I know. It's not like we have over 20 games and 60 points to play for after. Oh, wait......

They're the whipping boys of the division. They've won 3 times all season. They've lost their last five, failing to score in four of those games. They've won once in their past 22 L2 away games - and that was at Oldham ffs. The current bookies odds imply they have an 89% of being relegated out of the EFL this season. They are - on most metrics - the worst side in the entire EFL and I'd have them in the bottom half of the National League with their current side.

So, I repeat. If we can't do them over we've got zero chance of getting promotion.

They're the whipping boys of the division. They've won 3 times all season. They've lost their last five, failing to score in four of those games. They've won once in their past 22 L2 away games - and that was at Oldham ffs. The current bookies odds imply they have an 89% of being relegated out of the EFL this season. They are - on most metrics - the worst side in the entire EFL and I'd have them in the bottom half of the National League with their current side.
So, I repeat. If we can't do them over we've got zero chance of getting promotion.
And I repeat - it's 1 game with over 20 to play after. It isn't season defining. By your logic, as we beat FGR, and played them off the park, we are guaranteed to finish top? Last season, Cheltenham failed to beat the whipping boys of Grimsby in their 2 league fixtures, losing 1. It didn't stop them going up as champions. Have a word with yourself

20 minutes ago, philmpv said:
31 minutes ago, jjvale_03 said:

And I repeat - it's 1 game with over 20 to play after. It isn't season defining. By your logic, as we beat FGR, and played them off the park, we are guaranteed to finish top? Last season, Cheltenham failed to beat the whipping boys of Grimsby in their 2 league fixtures, losing 1. It didn't stop them going up as champions. Have a word with yourself

It’s a massive game tomorrow and a must win. Regardless of how many or how little games are left, with the recent form, if we can’t beat Scunthorpe at home who are quite clearly 1 of 2 sides miles away from the rest then we can start to wave goodbye to promotion. Confidence and momentum is key in football we will have neither if we lose tomorrow. Add in to that the injury woes to our best players. 

I think and expect us to win comfortably tomorrow but to play it down as just another 1 in 20 isn’t right. It’s a massive game and we need to get back to winning ways before this tough run of games 

1 hour ago, onestepatatime said:

Anthony Grant signing for them today!!  Will he  be available to play tomorow?

And they've signed Feeney from Tranmere, who has played 23 games this season.

Some old heads to steady what (was?) a sinking ship.

The teams at the bottom are super dangerous in the run up to the end of the season.

Fighting for their lives.

Underestimate them at your peril.

42 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Funny how we go on a run of bad results and it’s smiths fault. Win a few and no one mentions him. Smith will play tomorrow, more than likely in Cass’s position too. 

Don't think anyone's said it's Smith's fault. 

My view is that he isn't good enough on the ball to be a wide centre back. He has to play in the middle, otherwise he's a liability in possession. It's painful viewing. Decent defender. 

10 minutes ago, onestepatatime said:

Anthony Grant signing for them today!!  Will he  be available to play tomorow?

well, that's frustrating - I was a big fan of Grant during his time with us. I'm hoping he doesn't get booed tomorrow, like previous occasions - as it never seems to work in our favour!

16 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Don't think anyone's said it's Smith's fault. 

My view is that he isn't good enough on the ball to be a wide centre back. He has to play in the middle, otherwise he's a liability in possession. It's painful viewing. Decent defender. 

I don’t disagree with what you say about him on the ball, but you’re clever enough to read between the lines of some posts in here when we start losing. He becomes a bit of a scapegoat IMO. 

Archived