onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Scunthorpe United

Fosse69

For me Oldham was quite a defining moment ! We should have scored a hat full and won at a canter conceding at the end so so predictable so Vale! I just can't see how we can stay in the play offs unless we get some players back and quick. At the moment we seem to be heading for mid table mediocrity. Quite jealous how Newport and even Sutton keep pinching the points with last minute goals. We really need to step up to try and get some momentum.

Advert

11 hours ago, Doha said:

We’ve had 11 significant injuries over the squad this season. 

How do you think the other clubs in the league would fare if their top forwards all suddenly went missing?

And top CM in Conlon, playing below standard with an injury and then succumbing to it? 

Top winger in Worrall playing through a reported chronic back problem? 

Losing Legge, Wilson, Proctor, Taylor, Hurst, Lloyd and now Gibbo long term? 

Playing a young CM up front because every forward including Amoo and Rodney were injured? 

Losing their spark in Politic unexpectedly?

They’d collapse. 

If we go up this season he’s a miracle worker after all that not least because while the rest bar Lloyd, Politic and Legge will be back eventually I’d be very surprised to see first names on the team sheet Conlon and Gibbo on the pitch again this season with their reported issues. 

Add in that Garrity has also stopped scoring!

The next few games are obviously critical. Put a run together and we are up there challenging and with players coming back could sustain that. But a mixed set of results will cement us in mid table hoping to climb to 7th as the top 3 pull away. I thought we were doing well in the transfer window, but it seems to me Tranmere have significantly strengthened and with Forest Green well ahead the door is closing. Therefore Forest Green home and Tranmere away are critical games to get a result from. I feel we are a bit threadbare. It's not that the players we have aren't committed and good at this level, it's just that the injuries and mix available are restricting our approach to games. Saturday was a cancel the opposition game, which worked, except that we never looked like scoring. We must be able to rack up the type of shooting stats we did against Salford and take the chances. Please shoot. Please pass to the right person in the final third. 

Season defining week with back to back home games followed by Salford. Big big game Satdee a win is vital to get back on track. Despite all of our troubles we really aren't a million miles away, level heads are needed. A good points return over the next  days and the table will look very very different. Don't forget the majortity of teams fighting out in the top half all have to come to VP!

I expect the team will be selected to win but with an eye on Tuesday night. I think we will go with more attack minded 343. I'd like to see a fast start form us.

Holy

Cass Hall Jones

Garrity Walker Pett Hussey

Wozza Wils Amoo

Subs: Stone, Benning, Harratt, Edmondon, Cooper, Rodney(if fit),Martin

If we are to be successful we need to keep playing Wils and Amoo into form and fitness. Hopefully we can get a couple of goals early doors and manage the squad for FGR when I expect we revert back to 352.

Season defining week with back to back home games followed by Salford. Big big game Satdee a win is vital to get back on track. Despite all of our troubles we really aren't a million miles away, level heads are needed. A good points return over the next  days and the table will look very very different. Don't forget the majortity of teams fighting out in the top half all have to come to VP!
I expect the team will be selected to win but with an eye on Tuesday night. I think we will go with more attack minded 343. I'd like to see a fast start form us.
Holy
Cass Hall Jones
Wozza Wils Amoo
If we are to be successful we need to keep playing Wils and Amoo into form and fitness. Hopefully we can get a couple of goals early doors and manage the squad for FGR when I expect we revert back to 352.
Is Smith suspended or have you binned him off entirely?

9 minutes ago, philmpv said:

Is Smith suspended or have you binned him off entirely?

Binned him for this match only. I expect lots of possession and the overlapping CB's will be spare players to create the space and find the gaps. I don't think its unfair to say it's not his strong suit!

Bring him straight back in for FGR were we will need his qualities and he would be the 1st name on my team sheet at Salford.

Horses for courses

34 minutes ago, MBE said:

Holy

Cass Hall Jones

Wozza Wils Amoo

holy moses, 6ft 9" of keeper, hope he can catch a ball! 

Quite simply if we can't turn over a truly awful, out of sorts, goal-shy Scunthorpe United on Saturday then we can say goodbye to any hopes we have of promotion this season.
I know. It's not like we have over 20 games and 60 points to play for after. Oh, wait......

39 minutes ago, philmpv said:
1 hour ago, jjvale_03 said:
Quite simply if we can't turn over a truly awful, out of sorts, goal-shy Scunthorpe United on Saturday then we can say goodbye to any hopes we have of promotion this season.

I know. It's not like we have over 20 games and 60 points to play for after. Oh, wait......

I think hes making the point that if we cant get a win against these then we shouldnt have much hope for the rest of the season

Archived