Match Thread: Leyton Orient v Port Vale

Fosse69

3 hours ago, Joe B said:

Last thought - I think it's time we try Garrity as a forward. His qualities are far more suited there.

In midfield, his positioning isn't great, his first touch isn't good, and his passing is adequate. He has an engine which is useful but hardly game-changing.

Every good he does is in the final third, whether it's his pressing, his runs into the box, his drive, his finishing. Every time he's in the middle of the park he irritates me, but when he's around the opposition box he's dangerous. He showed with his spell up front that he has that knack for finishing, and he's also reasonable in the air.

Full on conversion needed, imo. Put him up top in a three with Wilson and Worrall. No defensive duties. No need to come deep for the ball. Let Worrall and Garrity press and harry the backline whilst Wilson pulls strings. He'll get goals, and I think he is sometimes a tad wasted when sat in a middle three. Put him in the channels.

Stone

Cass Hall Jones

Gibbo Pett Walker Hussey

Worrall Wilson Garrity

I was thinking the same about Garrity.  Almost a bit of a Hugil about him, from what I've seen. His type of play particularly suits away games, I'd say. 

Advert:

5 hours ago, Joe B said:

Last thought - I think it's time we try Garrity as a forward. His qualities are far more suited there.

In midfield, his positioning isn't great, his first touch isn't good, and his passing is adequate. He has an engine which is useful but hardly game-changing.

Every good he does is in the final third, whether it's his pressing, his runs into the box, his drive, his finishing. Every time he's in the middle of the park he irritates me, but when he's around the opposition box he's dangerous. He showed with his spell up front that he has that knack for finishing, and he's also reasonable in the air.

Full on conversion needed, imo. Put him up top in a three with Wilson and Worrall. No defensive duties. No need to come deep for the ball. Let Worrall and Garrity press and harry the backline whilst Wilson pulls strings. He'll get goals, and I think he is sometimes a tad wasted when sat in a middle three. Put him in the channels.

Stone

Cass Hall Jones

Gibbo Pett Walker Hussey

Worrall Wilson Garrity

At least some one else sees it with Garrity. He's  scored in 5 games with Vale winning 4 of those so it's a matter of where to play him at the moment rather than any thought of dropping him hence I went for a similar team vs Salford although Conlon wasn't injured then.

Edited by Paul6754

Orient smashed Sutton, Swindon and Tranmere in Nov/Dec, putting 12 past them conceding 2.

They also have the second best goal difference in the league and two games in hand over the promotion chasers.

Advert:

18 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

Conlons being playing with an injury I admire his perseverance however surely after 20 v Swindon and they having lots of opportunities the manager would recognise as brave as he was playing and if we would have won the right decision but unfortunately by being on the pitch left us down to ten men then Covalan and his brain fog that was footballing suicide .

I like Walker not a bad replacement at all he won all second balls on Tues and to be honest if he netted twice would have being deserved still cannot understand why he as volleyed it for a corner doing it just didnt make any sense at all .

Lot of strange things happen against Vale wish other teams would give goals away like we do ,some are as bizarre as almost deliberate (I'm sure that's not the case ).

One hopes not anyway 

UTV 

He didnt mean to put it out for a corner. He knew Stone had come out of his area. It was a 50 - 50 ball and didnt want them to win it and shoot at an open goal. He tried to boot the ball out for a throw somewhere near the half way line. Unfortunately he miscued and he sliced it back towards the corner flag.

“We have a score to settle with them, the way they celebrated after the game.Players remember things like that. Hopefully we can take that energy and beat them Saturday” Lawrence Vigerourx.

I hope the Vale lads are well aware of it and prepared for a proper battle.Really looking  forward to it tomorrow.

4 minutes ago, MBE said:

“We have a score to settle with them, the way they celebrated after the game.Players remember things like that. Hopefully we can take that energy and beat them Saturday” Lawrence Vigerourx.

🤣 Sorry, is this not the Lawrence Vigouroux who was reported to have been goading the Paddock when they scored what they thought was an 86th minute winner?

Shall we have a little look at the behaviour of some other Orient players in that game too?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

First thing out of the way - I hope it's on and Kenny Jackett seemed pretty confident it would be which suggests there are no issues in their camp.

We were a bit fortunate to beat them at home and they have some big strong lads in their team. They've pummelled one or two teams at home, but seem to have hit a bit of a rut, plus they have hardly played in the last 6 weeks.

Clarke's interview gave me confidence that there is not panic in recent results and that with a bit more integration of the new players we will be a force to be reckoned with once again. I have a feeling we will have a rocky couple of weeks or so and then go on a bit of a run - like Clarke said, we are capable of putting a long winning run together.

Luck doesn't seem to have been on our side the last couple of weeks - everything that could go wrong, has gone wrong. The law of averages suggests we'll get awarded a penalty at some point this season.

I expect that we'll come out fighting as we have done before when we have had blips. Getting the train earlyish tomorrow morning and meeting a friend in central London for a few beers before heading to the game - looking forward to it!

• Like 4

Advert:

1 hour ago, leedsvaliant said:

First thing out of the way - I hope it's on and Kenny Jackett seemed pretty confident it would be which suggests there are no issues in their camp.

We were a bit fortunate to beat them at home and they have some big strong lads in their team. They've pummelled one or two teams at home, but seem to have hit a bit of a rut, plus they have hardly played in the last 6 weeks.

Clarke's interview gave me confidence that there is not panic in recent results and that with a bit more integration of the new players we will be a force to be reckoned with once again. I have a feeling we will have a rocky couple of weeks or so and then go on a bit of a run - like Clarke said, we are capable of putting a long winning run together.

Luck doesn't seem to have been on our side the last couple of weeks - everything that could go wrong, has gone wrong. The law of averages suggests we'll get awarded a penalty at some point this season.

I expect that we'll come out fighting as we have done before when we have had blips. Getting the train earlyish tomorrow morning and meeting a friend in central London for a few beers before heading to the game - looking forward to it!

8-08 from Stoke for myself.  Love a London or Manchester away game .

• Like 1

Advert:

Just now, THE DAD said:
11 minutes ago, darren1810 said:
Changes at Stafford then 8-41 from Stafford 

I had an email saying the 8-08 isn't stopping at Stoke.now.We booked that train & change at Stafford.

So what you doing instead Stu ?

I've had nothing from Trainline