Jump to content

Match Thread: Leyton Orient v Port Vale


Fosse69

Recommended Posts

Advert:


That performance was like the ones we gave when DC first came and we couldn’t buy a win… tough to break down, sacrificed attacking intent to ensure we didn’t lose.

He then used that foundation to push on.

Lets hope what happens next now is the same as what happened then.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


29 minutes ago, Nightwish said:

A bore of a game. Orient never really threatened and Vale's defence was excellent. Never looked like scoring. Very disappointed with Hussey - his corners and free kicks were shocking. 

Great to see Conor Hall come over to talk to fans. I think he was still talking when the rest of the team was in the dressing room.

 

 

 

Top man there all over 👍👍👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While 3 points would have been nice, an away point against one of the bigger teams in this league is a good point. That’s without taking into account we are without 6/7 regular first team players.

win against scunny and we’re back on track.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


1 minute ago, ollyandpatch said:

Sitting at Euston Station. I felt their lack of match fitness meant they were there for the taking. No cutting edge, Pett my man of match.

Well done to support the Vale with that distance and that we are on a poor run.

Have a safe journey back. 👏👏

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guest Vale at home
3 minutes ago, ollyandpatch said:

Sitting at Euston Station. I felt their lack of match fitness meant they were there for the taking. No cutting edge, Pett my man of match.

 

3 minutes ago, ollyandpatch said:

Sitting at Euston Station. I felt their lack of match fitness meant they were there for the taking. No cutting edge, Pett my man of match.

Well done . It’s a long way to travel. Have a safe return . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

First away clean sheet since September, Scunthorpe. Only other one FGR in August. Next 2 games at Vale Park to set us on our way?

I think that’s helped me a bit, maybe I’m just “that way round” or it’s the phase of the moon but I found today much more frustrating even than Salford on Tuesday. Tuesday we put plenty of shots in. Today,  we had the best of the possession but never looked like scoring. I’m thinking Wilson takes too long to get up to speed after a break and Amoo has lost a yard of pace. (Hussey+Cass) < (Gibbons + Worrall). I know the young ‘uns have to be managed but they didn’t even get 30 mins where I think over 45 they would have been more likely to make an impact than (Wilson+Amoo). Just frustrated, we’re drifting away from the play offs after an awful game, don’t talk to me for a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


2 minutes ago, Valiant62 said:

I think that’s helped me a bit, maybe I’m just “that way round” or it’s the phase of the moon but I found today much more frustrating even than Salford on Tuesday. Tuesday we put plenty of shots in. Today,  we had the best of the possession but never looked like scoring. I’m thinking Wilson takes too long to get up to speed after a break and Amoo has lost a yard of pace. (Hussey+Cass) < (Gibbons + Worrall). I know the young ‘uns have to be managed but they didn’t even get 30 mins where I think over 45 they would have been more likely to make an impact than (Wilson+Amoo). Just frustrated, we’re drifting away from the play offs after an awful game, don’t talk to me for a bit.

It is a concern when you have to play Amoo as a striker

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

That performance was like the ones we gave when DC first came and we couldn’t buy a win… tough to break down, sacrificed attacking intent to ensure we didn’t lose.

He then used that foundation to push on.

Lets hope what happens next now is the same as what happened then.

I thought the exact same thing. I don't buy this they were there for the taking - we nullified them and never looked in danger of losing. Brad is giving us some grit in there and Pett did well against some nightmare players in their midfield. And Connor Hall is making a cheeky bid for player of the season. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What i didn't get was Harratt had scored 2 in 3 and was dropped in favour of Amoo,who clearly isn't a striker and is a player who has lost a bit of his pace as well it seems,so for me i hope we play Wilson(who seems to be getting fitter now) and the livewire Harratt on Saturday

Hall was clearly motm today,he looks a great replacement for Legge and it might just be me but i thought Hussey had a decent game and is getting better,puts some good crosses in and in the right areas. Pett also had a better game

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Reporting Posts and Ignoring Users

    Admin don't read everything. Don't assume we'll spot rule breaking. Please report posts and we'll act on ASAP. If you're logged in use the orange report post button. If you're not logged in, please use the contact form

    If you can't get on with another user you can "ignore" them. Follow the link, type in their username and save - Click here

    Check with admin if you wish to sell/auction any items. We're happy to support good causes but check first - Contact us here

  • Friends of OVF

×
×
  • Create New...