onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Leyton Orient v Port Vale

Fosse69

1 minute ago, werstayinup said:

What i didn't get was Harratt had scored 2 in 3 and was dropped in favour of Amoo,who clearly isn't a striker and is a player who has lost a bit of his pace as well it seems,so for me i hope we play Wilson(who seems to be getting fitter now) and the livewire Harratt on Saturday

Hall was clearly motm today,he looks a great replacement for Legge and it might just be me but i thought Hussey had a decent game and is getting better,puts some good crosses in and in the right areas. Pett also had a better game

Couldn't agree more with all of that 👍👍👍 

Advert

5 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

What i didn't get was Harratt had scored 2 in 3 and was dropped in favour of Amoo,who clearly isn't a striker and is a player who has lost a bit of his pace as well it seems,so for me i hope we play Wilson(who seems to be getting fitter now) and the livewire Harratt on Saturday

Hall was clearly motm today,he looks a great replacement for Legge and it might just be me but i thought Hussey had a decent game and is getting better,puts some good crosses in and in the right areas. Pett also had a better game

Hussey had a very good game. I think some are just giving him a hard time because he came into the side in place of gibbons. He got into double figures with assists last season. Looks very good to me. Hall looks class. I thought Walker was excellent today 

Clean sheet is good but there's no hiding from the fact that we're in fairly dismal form, stretching back to Bradford, and it has possibly cost us the chance of automatic promotion.

Still bang in the playoff race but we're now firmly out of them even with games in hand - a real collapse since nearly going top on TV. It can still happen but we've got to snap out of this slump.

I've said before, it's all and good 'seeing where we are at the end of the window', but we've got games to play before then and we're losing ground. 

I still think it was a mistake not to sign a more 'proven' forward whilst Wilson gets match fit. Proctor is still not close, and then we've got to get him match-fit when he's back. We're still some way off having any firepower.

Conlon could be out-long term. Politic is gone. None of our fit midfielders are 'creative' in any sense. Gibbons was in tears today - clearly not good. Hussey is finding his feet. All of our attacking strength is gone. 

Hussey and Hall are good business but we have an absolutely monumental week now. We probably need 4-5 players and they all need to be good signings. I'm worried. 

1 hour ago, ValeForever. said:

Which results have gone our way!? Literally everybody else has won bar Sutton & Northampton who played out a draw.

Sutton / Northampton / Swinedon all drew and Salford, immediately below us, lost at home to Colchester. As it stands we have 2 games in hand on Newport who are in 5th place, 5 points above us.

I thought that out of possession our shape looked fairly decent and we were never really under any sustained pressure. From an attacking point of view there’s still work to do but we got a point, got a clean sheet and stopped the rot.

12 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Clean sheet is good but there's no hiding from the fact that we're in fairly dismal form, stretching back to Bradford, and it has possibly cost us the chance of automatic promotion.

Still bang in the playoff race but we're now firmly out of them even with games in hand - a real collapse since nearly going top on TV. It can still happen but we've got to snap out of this slump.

I've said before, it's all and good 'seeing where we are at the end of the window', but we've got games to play before then and we're losing ground. 

I still think it was a mistake not to sign a more 'proven' forward whilst Wilson gets match fit. Proctor is still not close, and then we've got to get him match-fit when he's back. We're still some way off having any firepower.

Conlon could be out-long term. Politic is gone. None of our fit midfielders are 'creative' in any sense. Gibbons was in tears today - clearly not good. Hussey is finding his feet. All of our attacking strength is gone. 

Hussey and Hall are good business but we have an absolutely monumental week now. We probably need 4-5 players and they all need to be good signings. I'm worried. 

I think Covolan’s red card has ruined you Joe, you used to be so full of optimism 😄

Can you imagine what it would be like to have had this amount of injuries in any other season?

We are so lucky on the whole that there is depth in most positions.

Losing all our strikers in november/december was freakish but if the same thing had happened in any of our other league 2 seasons we would have been in for a very long relegation battle.

Anyway happy with a point today

28 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

I’ll hold my hands up right now and say Brad Walker has proved me wrong so far.  Fair play to the lad, I hope he keeps it up.

Nice one Ray - its great when us members hold our hands up rather than stick to our guns no matter what (mentioning no names of course) 😍

No need for worry.

Hussey and Hall are bedding in and we’ll soon be playing the same back line game in game and out. Defending isn’t going to be a problem whatsoever even with Gibbo out. Martin was quite solid but it’s clear Hall is the leader and he’ll only get better. Jones will come back and get his form back. The only problem might be Worrall but hopefully  he’s just resting. I think we are going to really tighten up and start keeping a lot of clean sheets, anchored by a newly knuckled-down and contrite Covalan.

I know we have loads of strikers but realistically I think we need some experience. If Proctor isn’t going to be fully fit until we only have 10 games left then that will be the difference between promotion and not, and resolving the Conlon gap.

I think it’ll be quiet and steady, but we’ll creep up the table again.

Just back in from the game.  Great following from the Vale - took my mate who is a Brentford fan, and he thought the away following were wonderful (and funny). Gutted for Gibbo if that's another long term hamstring layoff. Orient were pretty physical today, and there was a lot of wrestling off the ball which the ref, as ever, didn't know how to handle. Seemed like we were set up to compete with them physically - having Hussey and Hall helps, and Walker put in a shift too - there were lots of balls in the air where we did enough, even against their beanpole attacker.

Don't agree with a previous poster who talked about "A talented Orient side".  I thought they were dire, lots of alehouse hoofing, and it's a shame we couldn't nick a goal, but we offered very little up front. We missed Conlon a lot - Pett kept things ticking over in midfield, but missed his captain.  They were there for the taking today. We limp on to the next game, but I am strangely upbeat about our chances of getting points soon, given the players that are coming back. Gutsy performance, given that their game plan just seemed to be whack it forward and hope. It will get better.

2 hours ago, Walka003 said:
2 hours ago, valiant_593 said:
Connor hall seems to be an amazing signing. Every game he’s been class so far

He's been very impressive. Looking forward to a Jones-Smith-Hall trio at the back.

With Hussey and Worrall/Gibbo. If we can keep that defence on the pitch for the majority of the second half of the season, we will concede few enough to get promotion. The problem will be more likely the other end, and whether they’ll hold up their end,

Archived