onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Leyton Orient v Port Vale

Fosse69

Last thought - I think it's time we try Garrity as a forward. His qualities are far more suited there.

In midfield, his positioning isn't great, his first touch isn't good, and his passing is adequate. He has an engine which is useful but hardly game-changing.

Every good he does is in the final third, whether it's his pressing, his runs into the box, his drive, his finishing. Every time he's in the middle of the park he irritates me, but when he's around the opposition box he's dangerous. He showed with his spell up front that he has that knack for finishing, and he's also reasonable in the air.

Full on conversion needed, imo. Put him up top in a three with Wilson and Worrall. No defensive duties. No need to come deep for the ball. Let Worrall and Garrity press and harry the backline whilst Wilson pulls strings. He'll get goals, and I think he is sometimes a tad wasted when sat in a middle three. Put him in the channels.

Stone

Cass Hall Jones

Gibbo Pett Walker Hussey

Worrall Wilson Garrity

Advert

Just now, Boslem's Brazil said:

Agree. If we are to play 3 at the back, then the left and right CH’s need to comfortable on the ball and have the ability to overlap. Smith has been pretty much ever-present this season, so I don’t think a little rest will do him any harm.  

That was our problem on Tuesday - Hall went off and no one at the back could progress the ball. It worsened when Pett went off and there was literally no one to pass to in the middle. 

Smith and Hall should compete for the central CB role. Wide CB's need to have the ability to bring the ball out and break lines, which Cass and Jones both excel at.

Conlons being playing with an injury I admire his perseverance however surely after 20 v Swindon and they having lots of opportunities the manager would recognise as brave as he was playing and if we would have won the right decision but unfortunately by being on the pitch left us down to ten men then Covalan and his brain fog that was footballing suicide .

I like Walker not a bad replacement at all he won all second balls on Tues and to be honest if he netted twice would have being deserved still cannot understand why he as volleyed it for a corner doing it just didnt make any sense at all .

Lot of strange things happen against Vale wish other teams would give goals away like we do ,some are as bizarre as almost deliberate (I'm sure that's not the case ).

One hopes not anyway 

UTV 

DC presser explains a lot about Conlon. Good on him for trying to push through it.

Good news sounds like Hall will be fit which probably means 352 again.

Despite back to back defeats looking forward to this one. Hopefully we can get back on track.

2 hours ago, Joe B said:

That was our problem on Tuesday - Hall went off and no one at the back could progress the ball. It worsened when Pett went off and there was literally no one to pass to in the middle. 

Thw Hall sub meant that he moved Gibbo to wing back and put Smith in his place. We’d battered them for half an hour down our right hand side. 

3 hours ago, Joe B said:

Last thought - I think it's time we try Garrity as a forward. His qualities are far more suited there.

In midfield, his positioning isn't great, his first touch isn't good, and his passing is adequate. He has an engine which is useful but hardly game-changing.

Every good he does is in the final third, whether it's his pressing, his runs into the box, his drive, his finishing. Every time he's in the middle of the park he irritates me, but when he's around the opposition box he's dangerous. He showed with his spell up front that he has that knack for finishing, and he's also reasonable in the air.

Full on conversion needed, imo. Put him up top in a three with Wilson and Worrall. No defensive duties. No need to come deep for the ball. Let Worrall and Garrity press and harry the backline whilst Wilson pulls strings. He'll get goals, and I think he is sometimes a tad wasted when sat in a middle three. Put him in the channels.

Stone

Cass Hall Jones

Gibbo Pett Walker Hussey

Worrall Wilson Garrity

I was thinking the same about Garrity.  Almost a bit of a Hugil about him, from what I've seen. His type of play particularly suits away games, I'd say. 

5 hours ago, Joe B said:

Stone

Cass Hall Jones

Gibbo Pett Walker Hussey

Worrall Wilson Garrity

At least some one else sees it with Garrity. He's  scored in 5 games with Vale winning 4 of those so it's a matter of where to play him at the moment rather than any thought of dropping him hence I went for a similar team vs Salford although Conlon wasn't injured then.

Orient smashed Sutton, Swindon and Tranmere in Nov/Dec, putting 12 past them conceding 2.

They also have the second best goal difference in the league and two games in hand over the promotion chasers.

18 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

Conlons being playing with an injury I admire his perseverance however surely after 20 v Swindon and they having lots of opportunities the manager would recognise as brave as he was playing and if we would have won the right decision but unfortunately by being on the pitch left us down to ten men then Covalan and his brain fog that was footballing suicide .

I like Walker not a bad replacement at all he won all second balls on Tues and to be honest if he netted twice would have being deserved still cannot understand why he as volleyed it for a corner doing it just didnt make any sense at all .

Lot of strange things happen against Vale wish other teams would give goals away like we do ,some are as bizarre as almost deliberate (I'm sure that's not the case ).

One hopes not anyway 

UTV 

He didnt mean to put it out for a corner. He knew Stone had come out of his area. It was a 50 - 50 ball and didnt want them to win it and shoot at an open goal. He tried to boot the ball out for a throw somewhere near the half way line. Unfortunately he miscued and he sliced it back towards the corner flag.

“We have a score to settle with them, the way they celebrated after the game.Players remember things like that. Hopefully we can take that energy and beat them Saturday” Lawrence Vigerourx.

I hope the Vale lads are well aware of it and prepared for a proper battle.Really looking  forward to it tomorrow.

4 minutes ago, MBE said:

“We have a score to settle with them, the way they celebrated after the game.Players remember things like that. Hopefully we can take that energy and beat them Saturday” Lawrence Vigerourx.

🤣 Sorry, is this not the Lawrence Vigouroux who was reported to have been goading the Paddock when they scored what they thought was an 86th minute winner?

Shall we have a little look at the behaviour of some other Orient players in that game too?

Archived