onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Leyton Orient v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

I like Smith, I really do but do people genuinely believe he can play either RCB or LCB? The bloke can’t play football at all. We need Cass and Jones back either side of Hall or Smith. All of our good play came from Cass and Jones in September/October, so I’d be doing what I can to get them back in. 

I’d go 

Stone

Cass Hall Jones 

Gibbo Garrity Walker Pett Hussey

Wilson     Harratt

2 hours ago, Portvale4 said:

I like Smith, I really do but do people genuinely believe he can play either RCB or LCB? The bloke can’t play football at all. We need Cass and Jones back either side of Hall or Smith. All of our good play came from Cass and Jones in September/October, so I’d be doing what I can to get them back in. 

I’d go 

Stone

Cass Hall Jones 

Gibbo Garrity Walker Pett Hussey

Wilson     Harratt

I thought Jones was suspended? 

There's no reason whatsoever that Vale cannot go there and win sat they are probably going be as rusty as what we were v Swindon ,theres everything to gain and nothing to lose .

I'd like know where Devante Rodney is .

People on Facebook page saying mid Feb for Jamie Proctor .

Big game too many self imposed defeats lately but it  mirrors after new year last years results .

Time to get some confidence back in the side at least on Tues the midfield were not being overrun think Walker seems a damn good player to me the amount of balls him and Garrity and Pett won especially first half where I was out of my seat that many times because we should have scored  at least 3 times was very good .

Just need a bit more for me when we have attacking situations a set piece or a corner there doesn't to me seem enough desire get on the end of anything the centre halfs just wander up but none of them have a effort on target and if they do I rarely see it at the games I go it all seems rather too nice nice and too easy for opposition see out our powderpuff threat 

Over the years we have had John Mccombe he wandered up and got Vital goals Peter Swan Gareth Griffiths etc I want see more desire get the ball in the oppositions net from our corners etc general play was good the other night from the two new lads but I never felt they had the desire or belief get on the end of Worralls work resulting in worralls second half display being very poor compared to his first half . 

So more desire all round please. 

UTV 

The rumours surrounding a Conlon injury and a Gibbons transfer, on top of everything else we've had to put up with this season bad luck wise, are literally a surreal nightmare in the context of where we were just before that Bradford game. I can't believe it.

A reassuring interview from DC. I do think that we're in a difficult position but he seems to thrive in it. He seems more confident and relaxed than when we were winning every week.

I've lost a bit of hope of the autos in the last few games but if Clarke can go on a near-record breaking run with frauds like 'Theo Robinson', 'Zak Mills', and 'Danny Whitehead', then he can probably do the same again at some point this season. We forget he won back-to-back manager of the months.

Priorities are settling the GK position (was a hokey-cokey before Lucas' red), sorting out the clean sheets, getting 3 more players in, and managing Wilson + Proctor back to 100%. 

As worrying as it is to see Tranmere and Mansfield on the runs they're on, it won't last. We need to have a run ourself. 

It's a massive 10 days for Flitcroft and the Matrix. Right now the squad is lacking technical quality due to Politic's departure, Conlon's injury, and Wilson's lack of fitness. If he gets these 3 signings right then things should steady. I'd still be after a CB, a creative midfielder, and a winger (and I wouldn't at all be against another forward).

Sounds like from DC's press conference will know more on Conlon tomorrow. Appears he has had it a while but been trying to play through it so all credit due to him for that. Hopefully can see him back out there soon enough.

Just judging by his demeanour in this press conference I have every confidence he is in control of the situation at present.

3 minutes ago, Joe B said:

We've kept 1 clean sheet in 13 and every single player in the back line, including the keeper, has changed bar Smith. I think Cass, Hall, Jones with Gibbons and Hussey as wing-backs is the best option this weekend.

Agree. If we are to play 3 at the back, then the left and right CH’s need to comfortable on the ball and have the ability to overlap. Smith has been pretty much ever-present this season, so I don’t think a little rest will do him any harm.  

Archived