onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Joan Walley MP

Vale

But when we're left with 2 options being admin or liquidation...and those two options are in the hands of the local council. Surely having the local MP on side can only be a positive??....whether you like her or not??

...and I'm a Tory!!

Think you'll find she is not on anyones side......she might appear to but when have you ever seen a politician not show empaphy with her potential voters, she will do what is best for her.

Advert

Think you'll find she is not on anyones side......she might appear to but when have you ever seen a politician not show empaphy with her potential voters, she will do what is best for her.

That's another debate in itself!

I have been involved in watching and indeed auditing the activities of politicians, especially at a local level, for over 30 years. Notwithstanding wrong doing from time to time, like the Parliamentary expenses, I find them generally to be workaholics. That is probably the case here, but an MP in this situation has limited influence rather than decisive influence.

I have seen lots of people posting offensive material on here and on the sentinel website making allegations of corruption and wrong doing and racist slurs about public officials. The common factor in most of these peoples' posts is that simply reading what they say shows they have no understanding of public administration or the way politcal decision making works whatsoever. Just not very well educated people usually.

alternatively lets tell her to bugger off, we don't want her fighting for Vale, maybe we should tell the council to bugger off because they are supposedly anti vale maybe we should tell......

Do you all not realise at THIS MOMENT IN TIME we need every single person we can get fighting for the future of Port Vale.

At this moment in time I really couldn't care less who she is friends with, what she has or hasn't done or may do in the future.

Our hour of need is NOW. We do not have the luxury of being picky on who we want help from

i don't know Joan as you all do, but when fighting on many fronts to survive and live another day the strangest of bedfellows need nurturing - if only temporary and Joan, as a politician, would know all about that.

Politics not only make for strange bedfellows, sometimes they create bizarre, confounding, incomprehensible bedfellows and whilst slighty off topic to the debate I'm reminded of the 'mutual admiration' once held between Gandhi and Mussolini.

The SC are best placed to determine who to trust or otherwise, and like many Valiants I trust its judgement when taking a range of decisions for saving our Port Vale - including the choice of esrtwhile bedfellows.

===

We look forward....

but she has to be involved now irrespective of whether she's a fan or not.

2 years of silence and it takes this for her to realise that her Brattophilia was misplaced.

We need her but let's not forget that she needs us.

As an aside, what has she been doing for the last month?

Working night and day to save the Vale........I am sure I heard that somewhere else?

I have been involved in watching and indeed auditing the activities of politicians, especially at a local level, for over 30 years. Notwithstanding wrong doing from time to time, like the Parliamentary expenses, I find them generally to be workaholics. That is probably the case here, but an MP in this situation has limited influence rather than decisive influence.

I have seen lots of people posting offensive material on here and on the sentinel website making allegations of corruption and wrong doing and racist slurs about public officials. The common factor in most of these peoples' posts is that simply reading what they say shows they have no understanding of public administration or the way politcal decision making works whatsoever. Just not very well educated people usually.

Working 20hrs a day on expenses doesn't make them workaholics!

alternatively lets tell her to bugger off, we don't want her fighting for Vale, maybe we should tell the council to bugger off because they are supposedly anti vale maybe we should tell......

Do you all not realise at THIS MOMENT IN TIME we need every single person we can get fighting for the future of Port Vale.

At this moment in time I really couldn't care less who she is friends with, what she has or hasn't done or may do in the future.

Our hour of need is NOW. We do not have the luxury of being picky on who we want help from

Pipe down you plank.. Not very good comments coming from a SC rep... Jesus you never heard of PR?

Pipe down you plank.. Not very good comments coming from a SC rep... Jesus you never heard of PR?

Your the one who needs to pipe down.....................The SC are doing a good job, they know about whats going on behind the scenes so stop rocking the boat :yes:

Your comments are heeded, however it is much easier to make those comments when you are fully aware of the situation being played out. You know what she has done behind the scenes, from the outside looking in it looks like very little. Educate us then perhaps we may see things from a different perspective.

My thoughts exactly Caroline. I've no idea what JW has done for the Vale but right now it does look like she's doing her 'politician' thing....being seen to join in when local and national media are about. I'll agree that we do need JW now, just as we've needed her support over the past 12 months or more but let's not forget that she needs us just as much. She needs our vote at the polls.

Gaz, I do trust that the SC, as a whole, have the best interests of OUR Club at heart and I thank them for the work they're doing but I think you'll find that most people aren't willing to 'forgive and forget' quite so easily.

I have to admit, like Bede, I had to keep my thoughts to myself about Joan Walley and I feel let down by her over the 15 months.

I am concerned that she remains pro-Bratt and anti-Mo and this will colour her thinking and influence with the council.

However, if she is

i) willing to let the City Council know that the fans are passionate and will support the club through admin and bring money into the club to help; and

ii) will publicly back the fans feelings, made clear yesterday, that none of the existing or previous directors are welcome in any way, shape or form in any new bid

then I am willing to put my doubts to one side.

I have confidence in the SC to do the right thing and am willing to trust their judgement on this.

Working 20hrs a day on expenses doesn't make them workaholics!

She has a job in Parliament in London, she has a job dealing with 80000 plus residents in Stoke and all other stakeholders - any of whom are likely to communicate with her on difficult issues - and she has a job in the Labour Party. The logistical issues alone are self evident.

It worries me she used to be a Lambeth Councillor in the 1980's though. The Peoples' Republic of Lambeth was in rivalry with Liverpool to be the worst run Council in the country failing in every service, riddled with fraud and hugely wasteful of public funds. Both now much improved I add.

I personally struggle to comprehend why so many fans, fans groups etc have informed influential people such as Joan Whalley of the Vale debacle for a 'long time' now yet they have largely been ignored.

Bratt and even Lloyd (yesterday) seem to have no willingness to believe they have behaved in a totally selfish, incompetent and ignorant manner toward their customer base.

For Lloyd to even have the 'brass-neck' to turn up yesterday beggars belief, I'm pleased I could'nt make it because I for one may have done something I would regret - i.e punch his smarmy face in.

The fact that Bratt is even mentioned with regards to vale suggests these people do not take us seriously, can't understand this, is it me?

Imagine these clowns at Stoke?....for example

The best thing for my freedom and sanity is to just walk away for good, something I will do unless this group of villains disappear forever

Gaz im not suggesting for a minute we dont accept her help, im simply saying she isnt to be trusted & id also like to hear why all of a sudden she wants to help when she blatantly FAILED in her job and FAILED her constituents when raising concerns previously.

How she can still back Bratty even now is beyond me.

As a constituent of Stoke North I judge Ms Walley on issues other than Vale and including Vale.

I can come only to one conclusion regarding her performance as an M.P. regarding these matters, and that is, that she is not good enough and she will not be receiving my vote at any future elections if she is to stand regardless of which party she affiliates herself to.

So you choose to ignore the new retail developments in Tunstall built on the site of former potteries, which have provided jobs and a boost to the local economy? She was responsible for these companies locating themselves there.

Fantastic stuff

On the subject of PR do you think it the best PR for supporters to be slagging of someone they require help from such as Joan

Why don't you start slagging the council off too, and then the administrators and then no doubt you'll moan when none of them listen to fans

This is politics, this is PR, our needs are desperate and we must do all we can to get everyone on our side no matter what they may have said or done - or not done in the past.

Right now I am full of praise and support for Joan and the local council and harping on about any other time other than now serves no purpose in our hour of need

But what do I know, I'm just a plank!

Archived