onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Joan Walley MP

Vale

She is needed now but you have to ask the question would we be in the mess we are in today if she had acted on her constituents concerns and requests when they were initially voiced? Shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted springs to mind.

Following on from what VH said.....

You wouldnt tell somebody that they were a ****ing useless **** if they were holding a gun to your head! :D

Advert

No one is disputing that Gary and I am sure the can of Top Deck will come in handy. It would have been more effective if she had actually done something in the previous seventeen months.

Of course it's better to have her on board than not but she is after all is a politician and will only join the winning side at the 89th minute. She has annoyed many people, just listen to RS on Friday morning.

I hope she can make up for lost time and have some influence.

Well said that man.

For what it is worth, my take on this is that if she has genuinely come round to our way of thinking then she is, potentially, a very strong person to have on board. However, I can wholeheartedly understand the frustrations of others in that the warning signs and signals have been there for quite a while. Many people on here have warned about what was happening and the consequences.

It would appear that Joan Whalley has only recently become aware but as a politician she must have been fully aware for quite a while and chosen her moment to become involved.

All I would say is - welcome aboard Joan, at last, but please do not try to use our dilema to score political gain.

That is the only important fact right now.

You don't tell the chef he's **** before he's cooked your meal.

I'm not suggesting we don't back her now and accept her help, I was just saying that I don't think her help would now be needed if she had done the right thing 15 months ago. Ms Walley failed us back then Vale fan or not, let's hope she can repay that now when its needed most.

If Vale go in to admin and we get new owners comments like there are on this and other threads do make me wonder if we will EVER move on or whether people will be more concerned about revenge and retribution, harping on about the past and who did what rather than looking forward

I seriously feel the past may still ruin our future for some. Once in admin we simply must move on, allow others to seek compensation, criminal charges, and the ruination of former directors.

I'd also hope new owners quickly move on from revealing what the past board got up to otherwise I fear we will all suffocate and get smothered by the past rather than concentrating on the future

In fact I can't imagine some ever letting things go instead of us all uniting for the good of the club.

I do hope I am wrong

If Vale go in to admin and we get new owners comments like there are on this and other threads do make me wonder if we will EVER move on or whether people will be more concerned about revenge and retribution, harping on about the past and who did what rather than looking forward

I seriously feel the past may still ruin our future for some. Once in admin we simply must move on, allow others to seek compensation, criminal charges, and the ruination of former directors.

I'd also hope new owners quickly move on from revealing what the past board got up to otherwise I fear we will all suffocate and get smothered by the past rather than concentrating on the future

In fact I can't imagine some ever letting things go instead of us all uniting for the good of the club.

I do hope I am wrong

People do have the expanse of mind to move on but feel angry and bitter at the same time... I'll never forget or forgive the people who have lied to my face, insulted my intelligence or potentially killed the club I love.

For what it is worth, my take on this is that if she has genuinely come round to our way of thinking then she is, potentially, a very strong person to have on board. However, I can wholeheartedly understand the frustrations of others in that the warning signs and signals have been there for quite a while. Many people on here have warned about what was happening and the consequences.

It would appear that Joan Whalley has only recently become aware but as a politician she must have been fully aware for quite a while and chosen her moment to become involved.

All I would say is - welcome aboard Joan, at last, but please do not try to use our dilema to score political gain.

Correct good post:yes:

Joan Walley did a great deal for the club in the early V2001 days, not least of all, brokering the Council loan, childrens centre, supporting VAR, etc.

However, she became blinded to the real plight of the club, as a result of her friendship with Bill Bratt. A friendship which effectively saw her make no public criticism of the way in which the club was being run during his tenure (or even now). I firmly believe that Joan's friendship with the Sentinel editor also meant that until the last few months (with the notable exception of the excellent Martin Tideswell), the Sentinel also sat on the fence for far too long.

Joan, is, like the party she represents, knowledgable about many issues, but too weak and lily livered to get stuck in and support the people who need support. In this case, Vale fans.

I've lost a huge amount of respect for Joan Walley in the last couple of years as a result of her fence sitting, and I say this as some-one who knows her, has worked with her, and visited her in parliament and at her house in the past to talk about Vale related and other political issues.

She'll have to do something dramatically different than she has been doing to win back my respect.

Steve Bradbury

She also wouldn't criticise Bratt whilst on the radio Friday and that still worries me.

People do have the expanse of mind to move on but feel angry and bitter at the same time... I'll never forget or forgive the people who have lied to my face, insulted my intelligence or potentially killed the club I love.

Dunna worry Dean we're not suppose to feel resentment to those who have dramatically let us down in fact I think we should welcome Bratt back with open arms ;) What is done is done eh?

Let folk have their grievances and move on.

I do hope I am wrong

Your comments are heeded, however it is much easier to make those comments when you are fully aware of the situation being played out. You know what she has done behind the scenes, from the outside looking in it looks like very little. Educate us then perhaps we may see things from a different perspective.

No one is disputing that Gary and I am sure the can of Top Deck will come in handy. It would have been more effective if she had actually done something in the previous seventeen months.

Of course it's better to have her on board than not but she is after all is a politician and will only join the winning side at the 89th minute. She has annoyed many people, just listen to RS on Friday morning.

I hope she can make up for lost time and have some influence.

Totally agree Birdman. Bit my lip a bit around her at the end of the meeting. Got no time for her and was annoyed to see her nodding at people on about Mo. Her and her husband are anti Mo. Boxholders have apparently witnessed her husband banging the anti Mo drum this season up in the posh seats.

I find it very worrying that she won't denounce Bratt given he's sniffing with a rescue pakage and the potential bias against Mo, should his bid be worthy of serious consideration.

Your comments are heeded, however it is much easier to make those comments when you are fully aware of the situation being played out. You know what she has done behind the scenes, from the outside looking in it looks like very little. Educate us then perhaps we may see things from a different perspective.

But when we're left with 2 options being admin or liquidation...and those two options are in the hands of the local council. Surely having the local MP on side can only be a positive??....whether you like her or not??

...and I'm a Tory!!

She is needed now but you have to ask the question would we be in the mess we are in today if she had acted on her constituents concerns and requests when they were initially voiced? Shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted springs to mind.

As a constituent of Stoke North I judge Ms Walley on issues other than Vale and including Vale.

I can come only to one conclusion regarding her performance as an M.P. regarding these matters, and that is, that she is not good enough and she will not be receiving my vote at any future elections if she is to stand regardless of which party she affiliates herself to.

I do hope I am wrong

Reading some of the comments on here, I think that sadly you might be right - there are some on here who are more interested in a requiem than a rebirth - they want a detailed public post mortem, possibly even a public execution, a lot more than they want a thriving vibrant club moving forward with all its supporters on the same side.....and their energies are all on the negative - I can understand some of it, but it's not the answer to the problem......I have made mistakes about things in the past, and I readily acknowledge that, but those who insist there only was ever one true faith will find it hard to accept - we need every bit of support without recriminations.

I don't imagine anyone will be welcoming Bill Bratt back to Vale Park any time soon, but there's no mileage in banging on about that issue on here....he knows what he's done, and I don't imagine (like Bill Bell) that he will be making a point of it......

please everyone, can we keep moving forward.....

I'd appreciate if this was left as a seperate thread please.

I see she is getting loads of abuse for doing nothing and turning up because camera's are at today's SC meeting.

In fact she has been doing just the opposite for the last month.

She has been working very hard behind the scenes and well away from the camera's, certainly not seeking the limelight.

I too have been frustrated at times with Joan's inputy but this last month I know for a fact she and many others have worked tirelessly behind the scenes and certainly noty been interested in hogging the limelight and today she was invited to attend.

She is accused of hogging the limelight but many are also moaning because she hasn't been hogging the limelight but working unknown to most

So I do think much of the criticism today is harsh to say the least and she still has a key part to play because nothing is certain yet that the council will do the right thing and put us in to admin and under write the administration and running costs of PVFC for 3 months

They have an impossible dilemma ahead of them and they need time to examine all possible avenues available, hopefully though, a decision and the right decision is not too far away now.

Despite JW seemingly lack of interest in the past of the goings on at Vale Park and myself being as critical as many, the time is now right at the delicate stage we are at to offer our full support to her and the rest of people who are working tirelessly for a new era at Port Vale.

Archived