onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Joan Walley MP

Vale

Surely her personal friendship & support for BB concerns you??

Not really. She's left it bit late, but she's here now and she's fully aware of the strength of feeling amongst supporters. She must realise the disasterous effect upon the Mother town if Vale were to fold. She's a politician.

We need ALL the friends (esp those in influential positions) we can get right now.

I hope fans do not alienate her and keep banging on about the past. We need all hands to the pump to save the Vale.

Advert

alternatively lets tell her to bugger off, we don't want her fighting for Vale, maybe we should tell the council to bugger off because they are supposedly anti vale maybe we should tell......

Do you all not realise at THIS MOMENT IN TIME we need every single person we can get fighting for the future of Port Vale.

At this moment in time I really couldn't care less who she is friends with, what she has or hasn't done or may do in the future.

Our hour of need is NOW. We do not have the luxury of being picky on who we want help from

We look forward....

but she has to be involved now irrespective of whether she's a fan or not.

2 years of silence and it takes this for her to realise that her Brattophilia was misplaced.

We need her but let's not forget that she needs us.

As an aside, what has she been doing for the last month?

alternatively lets tell her to bugger off, we don't want her fighting for Vale, maybe we should tell the council to bugger off because they are supposedly anti vale maybe we should tell......

Do you all not realise at THIS MOMENT IN TIME we need every single person we can get fighting for the future of Port Vale.

At this moment in time I really couldn't care less who she is friends with, what she has or hasn't done or may do in the future.

Our hour of need is NOW.

No one is disputing that Gary and I am sure the can of Top Deck will come in handy. It would have been more effective if she had actually done something in the previous seventeen months.

Of course it's better to have her on board than not but she is after all is a politician and will only join the winning side at the 89th minute. She has annoyed many people, just listen to RS on Friday morning.

I hope she can make up for lost time and have some influence.

Joan Walley did a great deal for the club in the early V2001 days, not least of all, brokering the Council loan, childrens centre, supporting VAR, etc.

However, she became blinded to the real plight of the club, as a result of her friendship with Bill Bratt. A friendship which effectively saw her make no public criticism of the way in which the club was being run during his tenure (or even now). I firmly believe that Joan's friendship with the Sentinel editor also meant that until the last few months (with the notable exception of the excellent Martin Tideswell), the Sentinel also sat on the fence for far too long.

Joan, is, like the party she represents, knowledgable about many issues, but too weak and lily livered to get stuck in and support the people who need support. In this case, Vale fans.

I've lost a huge amount of respect for Joan Walley in the last couple of years as a result of her fence sitting, and I say this as some-one who knows her, has worked with her, and visited her in parliament and at her house in the past to talk about Vale related and other political issues.

She'll have to do something dramatically different than she has been doing to win back my respect.

Steve Bradbury

Joan Walley did a great deal for the club in the early V2001 days, not least of all, brokering the Council loan, childrens centre, supporting VAR, etc.

However, she became blinded to the real plight of the club, as a result of her friendship with Bill Bratt. A friendship which effectively saw her make no public criticism of the way in which the club was being run during his tenure (or even now). I firmly believe that Joan's friendship with the Sentinel editor also meant that until the last few months (with the notable exception of the excellent Martin Tideswell), the Sentinel also sat on the fence for far too long.

Joan, is, like the party she represents, knowledgable about many issues, but too weak and lily livered to get stuck in and support the people who need support. In this case, Vale fans.

I've lost a huge amount of respect for Joan Walley in the last couple of years as a result of her fence sitting, and I say this as some-one who knows her, has worked with her, and visited her in parliament and at her house in the past to talk about Vale related and other political issues.

She'll have to do something dramatically different than she has been doing to win back my respect.

Steve Bradbury

Exactly what you say.Until the SC enlighten the fans as to what she has ACTUALLY done behind the scenes I for one remain sceptical.

It's quite simple.

Berating or criticising Joan Walley at this moment in time is not going to do us any favours.

We have 2 options:-

1 - Admin

2 - liquidation

Whether you like it or not we need JW to help steer us to admin. After that she won't have an influence over how the administrators proceed.

Alternatively we can shut her out. We're are in a precarious position and if we're not careful we could lose everything. Its just not worth the risk.

Our hour of need is NOW. We do not have the luxury of being picky on who we want help from

TBH Gary, i get the feeling that most Vale fans don't realise how serious the threat is to the club's future. ...

People moaning about Louis Dodds.

People moaning about the council's past treatment of Vale.

People moaning about an MP that has fantastic contacts in the particular area where the decision lies - The council!

Wake up people, theses kind of comments are counter productive, there is a time and place for criticism and it's certainly not now.

You are supposed to be begging for help, not focusing on other useless bull****!

TBH Gary, i get the feeling that most Vale fans don't realise how serious the threat is to the club's future. ...

People moaning about Louis Dodds.

People moaning about the council's past treatment of Vale.

People moaning about an MP that has fantastic contacts in the particular area where the decision lies - The council!

Wake up people, theses kind of comments are counter productive, there is a time and place for criticism and it's certainly not now.

You are supposed to be begging for help, not focusing on other useless bull****!

Could you inform me what actions she has done and will do to help us. This is a genuine question as I am unsure that she has any influence so late in the day. If she has, then great I hope she can work a last minute miracle to help.

Could you inform me what actions she has done and will do to help us. This is a genuine question as I am unsure that she has any influence so late in the day. If she has, then great I hope she can work a last minute miracle to help.

The council are in a no win situation...public support from the local MP would make for better PR and potentially swing it.

She is needed now but you have to ask the question would we be in the mess we are in today if she had acted on her constituents concerns and requests when they were initially voiced? Shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted springs to mind.

I'd imagine she's stating PVFC's case for administration, to the council. I hardly think her help is going to be counter productive, but hey, if it's too late in the day then perhaps no-one can help. Best prepare for no more Vale then...

She is needed now but you have to ask the question would we be in the mess we are in today if she had acted on her constituents concerns and requests when they were initially voiced? Shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted springs to mind.

That is the only important fact right now.

You don't tell the chef he's **** before he's cooked your meal.

Archived