Player of the half season

Advert:

1 hour ago, philmpv said:

For me, it'd be between Garrity, Proctor and Pett

Proctor? He has only played a 3rd of the season! If he kept up his early form then yes.

Advert:

The problem is the players who have played consistently well have also spent time out injured. Gibbo, Proctor, Wilson. I would say Jones but he went from the best player one of the worst suddenly. 

Garrity seems to be criticised more than most, but that one poster I saw say he would win player of the season looks to be right potentially.

Gibbo for me. Missed the first 3 or 4 weeks I think, but has made a massive difference to us when he came back in. Plus I think he’s been one of the most consistent players too. 

Edited by PV1973
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, philmpv said:

For me, it'd be between Garrity, Proctor and Pett

Pett?  You have to be joking. His form has hit rock bottom. Last handful of matches he has been totally ineffective and not worthy of the shirt. Sorry mate but you need to watch games more closely.

• Haha 1

Advert:

Pett?  You have to be joking. His form has hit rock bottom. Last handful of matches he has been totally ineffective and not worthy of the shirt. Sorry mate but you need to watch games more closely.
I would say that you do if that's your assessment. I'd also point out that it's not 'player of the last few games'. Conlons form has dipped just as much as Petts but I'd wager you wouldn't hear a bad word said about him?
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, philmpv said:

I would say that you do if that's your assessment. I'd also point out that it's not 'player of the last few games'. Conlons form has dipped just as much as Petts but I'd wager you wouldn't hear a bad word said about him? emoji38.png

Actually I think Conlon has had more ineffective games this season than effective ones and I love the player!  It is a matter of opinions so we all see differing things in games. Don't mean to upset you but I'm Vale through and through so honestly I hate having to offer any criticism against any Vale player. Also it's not the "last few games" that Pett has declined, its beyond that. So you can have your say about me I offer up Garrity as my man of the half season. Although not technically brilliant he has been a beacon amongst so many poor performances around him. A total surprise to many Valiants.

Up until November I would of said Pett was by far our best and most consistent player. But I agree he's lucky to be keeping his place at the minute

Actually I think Conlon has had more ineffective games this season than effective ones and I love the player!  It is a matter of opinions so we all see differing things in games. Don't mean to upset you but I'm Vale through and through so honestly I hate having to offer any criticism against any Vale player. Also it's not the "last few games" that Pett has declined, its beyond that. So you can have your say about me I offer up Garrity as my man of the half season. Although not technically brilliant he has been a beacon amongst so many poor performances around him. A total surprise to many Valiants.
You haven't upset me at all mate. It takes a lot more than that! I stand by my opinion and you're entitled to yours.

Advert:

It's a strange one, as we have been good, but not sure anyone has particularly stood out for me.

I think if I had to choose I'd probably go with Garrity, for a midfielder who came in with minimal fanfare to go on to be our joint leading goalscorer at the halfway point is remarkable. His work rate and tenacity have also won over a lot of fans.