Match Thread: Port Vale v Salford City

Fosse69

32 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Not saying it couldn’t happen but if Garrity is fit I’d be amazed if he was dropped if we play the current formation.  Even if we change formation I’d still be surprised, unless the manager simply wants to give Walker a run out.

Agree mate. Midfield of Conlon, pett and Walker is is a static and slow as it gets. 

Advert:

I think Wilson is nailed on to start. He’s played him in both games he’s been available so he’s not going to bench him now. I think it’ll be the same team apart from the mad Brazilian. We need a reaction and need all three points for sure. These will be a good side with some quality in their team who can hurt us if we start slow as we normally do. 

Edited by sandyford_valiant

Advert:

1 hour ago, mbycars said:

You say the last time we played well was against Bristol Rovers. Well since then we played Newport away with no available  forwards in the side and were winning until the 70th minute . Since then we have only played Brentford who we did play well against and Swindon where we didn't, so not sure what your point is.

My point is  we have lost 3 in a row conceding 9 goals hardly promotion winning form is it .

What's your point my point is close the back door and make it harder for teams score ,giving free hits leads to goals as chasing games leads to leaving big gaps at the back get the first goal and build on it ,if your a defender defend if your a midfielder attack when you can but mainly do your defensive duties but not to the point where you holding hands with the defence ,get yourself up the pitch and make your mark on the game Garrity does it Pett does it its about  time the captain did it not just play in spasms etc the forwards are first line of defence so close down the opposition do not give the opposition time to pick there passes create errors with workrate .

If the opposition are at 100 per cent then we need be at 110  per cent .

Ability alone can not win football sheer effort heart and commitment can I do not want see players strolling around I want see how i work how I've worked since I left school really hard 110 per cent at it all the time .

Edited by Breadwinner

2 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

My point is  we have lost 3 in a row conceding 9 goals hardly promotion winning form is it .

What's your point my point is close the back door and make it harder for teams score ,giving free hits leads to goals as chasing games leads to leaving big gaps at the back get the first goal and build on it ,if your a defender defend if your a midfielder attack when you can but mainly do your defensive duties but not to the point where you holding hands with the defence ,get yourself up the pitch and make your mark on the game Garrity does it Pett does it its about  time the captain did it not just play in spasms etc the forwards are first line of defence so close down the opposition do not give the opposition time to pick there passes create errors with workrate .

If the opposition are at 100 per cent then we need be at 110  per cent .

Ability alone can not win football sheer effort heart and commitment can I do not want see players strolling around I want see how i work how I've worked since I left school really hard 110 per cent at it all the time .

You said it as if we hadn't won or played well for lots of games. I pointed out it was only 3 games. One of those was away when we had no forwards and although we defended pretty well the ball was coming back with no one up front to hold it. The next game was Brentford and although we gave it a good go their class was always going to be a big factor. Swindon was crap but that's just one game. 

I love your passion but sometimes it runs away with you. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mbycars said:

You said it as if we hadn't won or played well for lots of games. I pointed out it was only 3 games. One of those was away when we had no forwards and although we defended pretty well the ball was coming back with no one up front to hold it. The next game was Brentford and although we gave it a good go their class was always going to be a big factor. Swindon was crap but that's just one game. 

I love your passion but sometimes it runs away with you. 

Good reply your right I'm just major peeved about Swindon having record number of goal attempts in first half sat made it look like we couldn't be bothered I do not like that at all it shows weakness thought that Vale had long gone but keeps resurfacing .

• Like 1

Advert:

1 hour ago, sandyford_valiant said:

I think Wilson is nailed on to start. He’s played him in both games he’s been available so he’s not going to bench him now. I think it’ll be the same team apart from the mad Brazilian. We need a reaction and need all three points for sure. These will be a good side with some quality in their team who can hurt us if we start slow as we normally do. 

The Mad Brazilian would have made more crucial saves, than our smaller goalkeeper !

7 hours ago, Doha said:

You use the word ‘probably’ often in your veiled swipes at the manager, don’t you?

”Ryan Johnson didn’t make us a profit. We probably just about broke even.”

”Amoo is probably not convinced by DCs opinion” 

Its almost, almost like you’re making up baseless statements in your head to create disingenuous strawman claims to support your very personal dislike of the manager.

Well spotted Doha! Endless conspiracy theories and baseless sniping at DC and no real reason as to his agenda? Snide suggestions he is a "mediocre manager" with nothing to back this? Snide snipes at DC being a very bad man manager - despite plenty of evidence to the contrary! Always with the "probably" or "possibly" or "it seems" or any other way of framing pure conjecture! I think most of us expected Amoo to be gone last summer, and he certainly hasn't done much this season other than  in rare games.

I have this clown on ignore...sadly, too few people do!

Advert: