Match Thread: Port Vale v Salford City

Fosse69

1 minute ago, philmpv said:

I'm going to avoid this forum after a defeat in future. Usual absolute tripe being spouted. We hammered them first half. They took their 1 chance in the second, gifted to them by an avalanche of errors, then offered bugger all else. We huffed and puffed but couldn't break them down. Our clear lack of confidence didn't help, particularly when our 'fans' started booing and yelling at our defence to 'get it forward' , when there was clearly nothing on. What happened? Panicked lump forward then which came straight back. I swear we have some of the thickest fans in the country

Spot on 

As good as our support can be we are <ovf censored> awful at times 

• Like 4

We were the better team by a margin. Ball didn't run for us first half. Conceded a terrible goal. Martin not heading the ball into the box so Stone could pick it up. Scuffed clearance but not that bad then Walker whacks it back out for a corner from the half way line. What? After that still the better team but panicky, no composure.

Kind of game we need to be getting something from if we are serious about promotion. But if you keep shooting yourself in the foot you aren't dancing at the party.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, philmpv said:

I'm going to avoid this forum after a defeat in future. Usual absolute tripe being spouted. We hammered them first half. They took their 1 chance in the second, gifted to them by an avalanche of errors, then offered bugger all else. We huffed and puffed but couldn't break them down. Our clear lack of confidence didn't help, particularly when our 'fans' started booing and yelling at our defence to 'get it forward' , when there was clearly nothing on. What happened? Panicked lump forward then which came straight back. I swear we have some of the thickest fans in the country

Strange post this, especially after a string of defeats

Wouldn't be surprised if we beat Orient, such is League Two football. But it would make this loss especially all the more frustrating, missing out on what should have been 3 comfortable points.

The sooner we have a settled side again and don't have three or four changes every game, the better.

Edited by Beech

When we missed chance after chance in the first half it was inevitable that they score with their one effort on goal. They just shut up shop and we didn’t have the guile to do anything about it. 

I must say, I do find it odd how people have gone into meltdown after a handful of losses. You’d think after about 5/6 seasons in a row of almost getting relegated (with one where we did) we’d know how to deal with a loss!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

Yet we were better than in our last game? I can't be both!

Salford were clearly much worse than Swindon though. We were unlucky not to be leading at half time. But as soon as they scored we went to pieces almost and probably wouldn't score if we were still playing past midnight.

To me we currently just look very slow and one dimensional as a side. A far cry from what we were some weeks ago.