Match Thread: Port Vale v Salford City

Fosse69

Advert:

Just now, osprey said:

the lead up to the goal was diabolical. you couldn't  make that up

Commentators were saying 4 individual errors lead to the corner being given to them and they scored from the scorer.  

Sad thing is, we get that goal in the first half and we more than likely go on to win this game by a few goals. They were woeful but like any side, once they got a goal they found a bit of confidence and belief.

0 points in 6 since our month off. Talk about killing the good vibe that we had after signing Hussey and Hall.

Am at a loss how we could have looked like that second half. All we really had to do was keep doing the things we were doing in the first and am sure we'd have gone on to win.

As for that goal of theirs I'm sorry but that was pub league stuff starting with how their corner came about.

Advert:

Could not attend due to daughter poorly so watched at home 

Bad bad result should of been out of site first half then absolutely shocking goal to concede struggled after 

The commentary at times was just as frustrating like the amoo made something out of nothing comment he was <ovf censored> one on one with the right back before he turned back 

Away Saturday is what we need the away support will help us so much more 

Advert:

Absolute crap second half, the change with Pett off made us worse as we lost the midfield.

This also clearly showed to me Covolan is the far better keeper than stone. Stone made a dreadful error in giving it away needlessly under pressure, and then caught in no mans land when the ball came in. 

Oh, and Martin is absolutely *****

Embarrassing performance once again. They’ll do well finish top half. Special mention to Aaron Martin for being the worst centre back I’ve seen with the ball at his feet. Why did he have more touches in the game than anyone yet couldn’t pass a thing. The midfield went missing again that why. 

Edited by sandyford_valiant

1 minute ago, Powerline said:

Absolute crap second half, the change with Pett off made us worse as we lost the midfield.

This also clearly showed to me Covolan is the far better keeper than stone. Stone made a dreadful error in giving it away needlessly under pressure, and then caught in no mans land when the ball came in. 

Oh, and Martin is absolutely *****

you cannot lay the blame for the goal solely on Stone - there were several errors before it

Covolan only has himself to blame for not playing 

Advert:

14 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

We look to have lost all our confidence. So much uncertain passing and anxious build ups that lack composure. When we got chances, they became clumsy scraps. 

It all looked very desperate. The only concern is that Hussey doesn’t look anywhere near as good as you’d have hoped. 

I really think that break completely ruined our habit of winning and a big problem is that three games back have been really tough ones. All three would have been tough if he we had been match fit, let alone after such a break.

My only hope now is a win against Orient on Saturday. We need to win fast. 

That is a big ask

1 minute ago, osprey said:

you cannot lay the blame for the goal solely on Stone - there were several errors before it

Covolan only has himself to blame for not playing 

I agree it’s Covolan’s fault for not playing. But Stone takes full fault for the goal for me. Had absolutely loads of time to pick a pass and does that instead.

If Covolan made that mistake there’d be uproar.

Edited by Powerline
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, sandyford_valiant said:

Embarrassing performance once again. They’ll do well finish top half. Special mention to Aaron Martin for being the worst centre back I’ve seen with the ball at his feet. Why did he have more touches in the game than anyone yet couldn’t pass a thing. The midfield went missing again that why. 

Martin has to be one of the first to go at the end of the season, no matter where we finish. Absolutely useless.

• Like 2