onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Salford City

Fosse69

Guest Vale at home
13 minutes ago, The man in the pub said:

After the Salford game I felt whilst we showed plenty of endeavour we didnt seem to be the nailed on promotion team we had looked 6/8 weeks ago. Must agree with the above in that there arent enough Gibbo/Wozza  partnerships, its almost telepathic. OK there has been Covid, unprecedented injuries all out of DCs hands. Obviously he has also made his own team changes.

We just didnt seem to be the flowing team we were previously, plenty of huff and puff but not quite gelling.

Yes I do agree . Vale need to win on Saturday . And get back on Track . Some thing as gone wrong. Vale have just given up . 

Advert

1 hour ago, The man in the pub said:

After the Salford game I felt whilst we showed plenty of endeavour we didnt seem to be the nailed on promotion team we had looked 6/8 weeks ago. Must agree with the above in that there arent enough Gibbo/Wozza  partnerships, its almost telepathic. OK there has been Covid, unprecedented injuries all out of DCs hands. Obviously he has also made his own team changes.

We just didnt seem to be the flowing team we were previously, plenty of huff and puff but not quite gelling.

Never going be nailed on promotion certainties in my opinion for one you cannot let the opposition have 1 attempt on target and that go in shows a complete lack of desire to keep a clean sheet even though weeks ago we were very  high in the league good teams see out games when 2-1 or 3-1 up  in the  case of Sutton game that's pure and  simply diabolical  

We have much to do to reach the play offs too many other clubs are finding there form while we are relying on young lads from Huddersfield and Leeds to fire us into the top three other teams are having few injuries and are winning most of the time .

Forest Green Exeter Tranmere Mansfield to name a few we need to get winning games again pronto cause if we keep going as we are we will be finishing our usual lower end of season garbageness .

But we ain't going do that with kids and that's what we have being forced to go with unfortunately time is not given to managers these days DC is having a torrid time at present just hope he stumbles on a winning formula the hard work starts now its being as a Vale fan  a absolute terrible start results wise to the new year  but I see beyond the results I have seen some thing positive  second half v Brentford and first half v Salford put it together for 90 mins thats all we ask then we be winning games and deservedly winning them  but you cannot just play in spells of games you have to do it  consistently over the 90 mins .

We are a bit part team at present and it reflects in us  sliding down the table .

Come on Vale 

7 hours ago, MBE said:

I said exactly the same thing during the game. I thought it was a poor decision. The linkup play with Gibbo and Wozza was very good. They instinctively know each other’s game.

Said the same before, Gibbo and Wozza are two of vale's best players and have always formed a very strong unit down the right hand side but when Vale play 3-5-2 that unit/partnership is broken and they play on different flanks.

The football cognoscenti always say choose your best and most effective players in their best positions and find a system that suits whereas DC seems to choose the system (3-5-2) and shoe horn players into that system. DC's way has worked for the first half of the season just hope it works for the rest of it.

Archived