onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Salford City

Fosse69

2 minutes ago, philmpv said:

I think Cass and Jones either side of Hall would be our best back 3

Exactly what I would go for right now. I don't mind Smith as part of the squad. Just don't believe he should be an automatic starter every game as he is when fit.

Advert

20 minutes ago, Beech said:

He's a fan favourite and he's never a player you criticise lightly, but I've never been the biggest fan of Nathan Smith and still think we can do better. He's brave and puts his head where some people wouldn't put there feet. But he's not quick, not particularly strong and his passing out from the back is Sunday league level at times. His passing just hasn't improved in any shape or form over the years.

It's early days but Hall has looked great so far. I'd like to see someone with legs that has a bit of pace alongside him in the near future.

Think extremely harsh saying hes not strong one of the strongest players ive seen. And anyone who plays with him says the same also hes a league 2 centre back maybe if our midfield decided to pass the ball forward instead of constantly passing him the ball we would play better. 

31 minutes ago, Beech said:

He's a fan favourite and he's never a player you criticise lightly, but I've never been the biggest fan of Nathan Smith and still think we can do better. He's brave and puts his head where some people wouldn't put there feet. But he's not quick, not particularly strong and his passing out from the back is Sunday league level at times. His passing just hasn't improved in any shape or form over the years.

It's early days but Hall has looked great so far. I'd like to see someone with legs that has a bit of pace alongside him in the near future.

If only we had a player like Dan jones

Cass has been garbage for weeks 
And he was excellent before that. What's your point? That he's suddenly a 'garbage' player who should never play for us again as poor form cannot be forgiven? Who's ahead of him on form? I'd rather an out of form Cass on the right side than Smith any day of the week

5 minutes ago, philmpv said:
29 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:
Cass has been garbage for weeks 

And he was excellent before that. What's your point? That he's suddenly a 'garbage' player? Who's ahead of him on form?

No im just saying your sayinf play cass but hes not been performing the same as the rest of them. This isnt a individual problem that we have at the moment the whole squad is under performing

No im just saying your sayinf play cass but hes not been performing the same as the rest of them. This isnt a individual problem that we have at the moment the whole squad is under performing
I don't disagree with that. But I definitely don't get your point now? If you're saying Cass has been garbage for weeks so don't play him but that he's performing the same as the rest of them. The only solution to that is not to play anybody then!

1 minute ago, philmpv said:

I don't disagree with that. But I definitely don't get your point now? If you're saying Cass has been garbage for weeks so don't play him but that he's performing the same as the rest of them. The only solution to that is not to play anybody then! emoji848.png

No the answer is to start playing to our potential. When we play well smith is normally instrumental to that in terms of keeping opposition's strikers quiet. Yes he is struggling as is everyone but this is a blip that is more a mental blip rather than lack of quality players 

Just now, Vale1995 said:

No the answer is to start playing to our potential. When we play well smith is normally instrumental to that in terms of keeping opposition's strikers quiet. Yes he is struggling as is everyone but this is a blip that is more a mental blip rather than lack of quality players 

And down to how were set up and the mindset we go into games 

1 hour ago, PV1973 said:

So you’re not willing to give him time then because of someone’s else’s opinion? 

No - I’m willing to give him time.

just saying that my friend didn’t think he made any impression at Northampton- I am hoping I can tell him he does ok at Vale 

4 hours ago, philmpv said:

The major downside for me last night is that, despite now having had 5 different managers, not one has been able to teach Nathan how to pass a simple ball. Don't think he's got it in him! Not knocking his defensive attributes, but I don't want the ball anywhere near his feet in the future

I'm sick to death of saying the same thing, I think Smith is a very good defender, but he's not a footballer. I'm sure he probably feels the same and never looks comfortable receiving the ball. His distribution is poor in my opinion and he sometimes appears like a rabbit caught in headlights. 

Plus side for me is I personally think he's one of the first names on the teamsheet. Not a great deal gets past him, his positional sense is good and 5 different managers had the sense to pick him.  

Not sure how he got man-of-the -match last night however.

Archived