onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Salford City

Fosse69

Advert

1 hour ago, jjvale_03 said:

Pace scares teams in this league (at any level actually!) and we don't have enough of it. This is one of the reasons why we've only won 5 of 12 home games in the league, we haven't had enough to unlock teams.

So, if Rodney is finished we should be desperately trying to offload him and replacing with someone who we actually will use. Preferably a 'wildcard' - a hybrid of Rodney and Politic who can give us something different.

Not only pace from a player running at someone with the ball but when we see players like Worrall and gibbo linking and each of them making runs around the opposition without the ball to make space for each other. They couldnt deal with that first half. We were screaming at Hussey to do the same with Amoo in the second half, to get around him and try and overlap. Thats where we have a lot of joy. We need to get back to that way of playing IMO. 

As for Theo Vassell, I know it’s a wind up, but I know who I’d rather have in my team and it isn’t him. You could put one of us on that pitch and we could head and kick it anywhere, so I’m not buying that he was quality for them. 

9 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Not only pace from a player running at someone with the ball but when we see players like Worrall and gibbo linking and each of them making runs around the opposition without the ball to make space for each other. They couldnt deal with that first half. We were screaming at Hussey to do the same with Amoo in the second half, to get around him and try and overlap. Thats where we have a lot of joy. We need to get back to that way of playing IMO. 

As for Theo Vassell, I know it’s a wind up, but I know who I’d rather have in my team and it isn’t him. You could put one of us on that pitch and we could head and kick it anywhere, so I’m not buying that he was quality for them. 

It wasn't a wind up about Vassell, he may be rubbish but he was busting a gut to prove a point I think. 

Positives from last night:

Gibbo playing( move not happening maybe?)He looked great at RCB causing them problems.

Much improved performance overall creating lots of chances.

Edmondson gave us a good presence up front.

More minutes for Wilson.

Walkers passing 1st half was excellent.

Back to back home defeats are disappointing BUT we are very much alive in the race for playoffs and auto promotion. We just need to win a game to restore confidence going, get on a winning run, which we are more than capable of doing.A really big run of games coming up but remember every team is capable of beating anyone in this league. Nobody bar FGR will runaway.

We should take heart from the winning runs of Tranmere and Mansfield to show what’s possible with a bit of confidence and self belief.

Keep the faith

My marks 

Stone 5 nothing do I'd have look at there goal surely he should be off his line 

Gibbons 7 I thought especially first half very good 

Smith 6 passes slowly I'd have replaced him with Cass for after the  break 

Hall 7 

Hussey 6 looks a good player but needs run forwards and be positive not backwards you do not create passing backwards 

Pett 7 is he injured and why we taking him off first half tremendous as most of them were .

Garrity 8 star man than run in the first half was magnificent deserved a goal  a excellent all round action man , see goals for him in coming games a terrific player .

Walker 7 I thought he was very good he maybe should have scored twice would have got a higher mark but what's with the volley for a Salford corner but 62 per cent possession says midfield 3 did well .

Harratt 7 very good link up play I enjoyed his efforts but it was him or Edmondson who should have scored with 2 free headers one where its glanced off his head blasted one over from first attack needs be getting over the ball and blasting it in .

Edmondson 7 he linked the play well aswell I just think we looked more dangerous with 2 young lads on than when Wilson come on not sharp enough not wanting it enough  

Worrall 7 first half magnificent general play should have resulted in many a goal but will not if folk aint brave enough get there head on them or not sharp enough to react to where the balls going drop .

Any criticism of Wilson is slightly unjust. He’s just come back from an awkward injury, and he desperately needs minutes. He’s an integral part of our style of play, as was shown before his injury. Likewise to the begging of the season, he’ll three or four games to get going but the sooner he does, the better. He cuts the gap between the midfield and the final forward, and does it well at that.

Concerned about Conlon’s injury - that’s a huge blow. Despite his poor form recently, he’s massive, massive part of our team. Let’s just hope we can find a suitable replacement!

I think there has been a slight overreaction amongst our fan base. Yes, I agree, the form we have shown recently is no where near good enough. But I think we need to remember we didn’t play for month or so, we played a number of games with no recognised ST, and every team has a blip. 

League 2 is a very poor division. It only takes a few wins on the trot to regain your momentum - just look at Tranmere and Mansfield.

I have every believe in Clarke and his staff, Flitcroft and the recruitment process. 

We have exactly half of our games to play, and some have already written us off. 

5 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

My marks 

Hall 7 

Hussey 6 looks a good player but needs run forwards and be positive not backwards you do not create passing backwards 

Pett 7 is he injured and why we taking him off first half tremendous as most of them were .

Garrity 8 star man than run in the first half was magnificent deserved a goal  a excellent all round action man , see goals for him in coming games a terrific player .

Walker 7 I thought he was very good he maybe should have scored twice would have got a higher mark but what's with the volley for a Salford corner but 62 per cent possession says midfield 3 did well .

Harratt 7 very good link up play I enjoyed his efforts but it was him or Edmondson who should have scored with 2 free headers one where its glanced off his head blasted one over from first attack needs be getting over the ball and blasting it in .

Edmondson 7 he linked the play well aswell I just think we looked more dangerous with 2 young lads on than when Wilson come on not sharp enough not wanting it enough  

Worrall 7 first half magnificent general play should have resulted in many a goal but will not if folk aint brave enough get there head on them or not sharp enough to react to where the balls going drop .

Wow you've marked high .

Stone 5

Worrall 4 Smith 3 Hall 6 Gibbo 6 Hussey 6

Garrity 7 Pett 6 Walker 5 

Harritt 6 Edmonson 5

Martin 3 Wilson 5 Amoo 5 

27 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Wow you've marked high .

Stone 5

Worrall 4 Smith 3 Hall 6 Gibbo 6 Hussey 6

Garrity 7 Pett 6 Walker 5 

Harritt 6 Edmonson 5

Martin 3 Wilson 5 Amoo 5 

I enjoyed last night's first half performance ,I'd like now how we managed give 17 shots to Swindon over one half ?

Yes the marks are high as the final scoreline should have read Vale won handsomely 

The major downside for me last night is that, despite now having had 5 different managers, not one has been able to teach Nathan how to pass a simple ball. Don't think he's got it in him! Not knocking his defensive attributes, but I don't want the ball anywhere near his feet in the future

1 hour ago, Breadwinner said:

My marks 

Hall 7 

Far too generous them marks IMO.  I’d go: 

Stoke 5 - thought he looked really sloppy, especially his distribution. 

Gibbons 6 - decent first half tried but again really sloppy 2nd half. 

Hall 7 - thought he looked excellent until the injury. 

Smith 3- thought it was a pretty horrible performance in every way. If Hall is fit I’d drop Smith for Saturday. 

Hussey 6 - Played well, some dangerous crosses and he’s clearly a very good player. Was wide open a few times and we kept ignoring him!!

Worrall 5 - Good first half, atrocious 2nd half, need to sign some players out wide to actually let him have a rest, as bad as he’s played.

Pett 5 - barely in the game, especially 2nd half.

Walker 5 - thought he was ok but that Sunday football hoof from him led to the corner. 

Garrity 8 - Gave it his all and deserved at least 2 goals, amazing solo run as well, clear MOTM for me. 

Harratt  5- did nothing, not much movement or anything really. Tried but that’s about it  

Edmonson 4 - I’ve seen a few say he did well. I thought it was a horrible debut, looked out of his depth to me, still early days though, but he reminded me of a Michael Brown signing. He did try just lacking quality. 

Subs 

Martin 3 - dreadful. Him and smith at the back together is the stuff of nightmares. 

Amoo 5 - really wound me up Amoo did. Did something decent and then passed it backwards, got in good positions and then instead of having a shot just went backwards. 

Wilson 3- He’s got to play better than the has so far after injury, fit or not, there has to be more than what he’s showing. 

Personally, I think it’s time to mix it up at the back, we’re not keeping clean sheets and Smith has been a constant figure in the team. I really think him and Martin hampered us 2nd half with their passing ability. 

Is Jones available for this one? If so I’d bring him and or Cass back in alongside Hall (if he’s fit) Wilson has been really poor since coming back but I would start him Saturday, he can’t keep playing this poorly and the two young lads just didn’t work. 

Stone 

Gibbons - Hall - Jones /Cass - Hussey 

Pett            Walker  
                        Garrity

Worrall            Wilson         Harratt 

1 minute ago, philmpv said:

'The two young lads just don't work' - Period of test? 1 game. Team played for? Port Vale. Definitive judgment of a Vale fan able to be delivered.

Jesus

Rather than don't work I'd prefer to say its a hell of a lot to expect two rookies aged 19 to lead the line in the harsh world of league 2. 

10 minutes ago, philmpv said:

'The two young lads just don't work' - Period of test? 1 game. Team played for? Port Vale. Definitive judgment of a Vale fan able to be delivered.

Jesus

It didn’t work though, and very rarely does starting two young lads, one of which has played 2 professional games. I’m not saying there both useless or anything like that, I just don’t think they should be starting games together yet, they need a striker that has much more experience along side them. 

Archived