onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Salford City

Fosse69

43 minutes ago, Rocky said:

I haven’t seen their goal back yet, has anyone seen it on twitter? It looked offside and that lineman missed at least two other offsides in the second half. 

I was level with it and it was onside. As was the other call later on. In fairness there was one where the player was in an offside position, but he never became active.

A lot of people who sit near me are troubled by the laws of the game. 

Advert

Just been on that Facebook page where a lot of complete and utter morons are. 

You think it’s bad on here where people are criticising but for good reason. Christ go on there, every other post is Darrell Clarke out. Such a toxic page, no idea why they bother following a football side if they want the manager sacked after 4 games. 

finding it worrying how clarke and garrity have come out and said we performed last night. Did we? We were the slightly better team in a dog awful match against a team that offered absolutely nothing. Honestly salford were terrible and if we had any ounce of quality we would of won comfortably. 

Feel like we make life really easy for teams at the moment just get <ovf censored> at them. Put some challenges in get in there faces make it uncomfortable. We are just to nice and easy to play against at the moment weve got no grit or determination and a severe lack of quality over out last 7 games. We can turn it around but it needs to be done quickly. Just get the ball down and play feel like weve forgot how to play football. We havent got any target men so stop hoofing it up 

6 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

Just been on that Facebook page where a lot of complete and utter morons are. 

You think it’s bad on here where people are criticising but for good reason. Christ go on there, every other post is Darrell Clarke out. Such a toxic page, no idea why they bother following a football side if they want the manager sacked after 4 games. 

The lad who runs it is just as bad if he cared one bit about vale he would shut it down 

Trust me leave the groups life is a better place without it 

8 hours ago, ValeForever. said:

Got to be kidding me. I've got no idea how they've picked up points away from home. They were absolutely awful & I'm not just saying that out of frustration around how the game unfolded. They were really really poor, had nothing up top or in midfield. Massively underwhelmed by Salford.

A confident, decent team, sticks 3 or 4 past them tonight.

That's the worst thing about last night's defeat. Salford looked like relegation fodder. The only way they got near our goal was because Walker decided to put the ball out for a corner from the half way line. Couldn't believe what I was seeing.

If they'd turned up and played us off the park and won 3-0 it's easier to take.

Feels like we've just lost to a semi-pro team in the cup. And what an atrocious "support" they have, 100 fans from a club an hour away. Tin pot. 

1 hour ago, sandyford_valiant said:

Apologies if it’s been mentioned somewhere else but does anyone know the reason we only had 6 subs and not even the youth team keeper on the bench? Just thought it was a bit strange. 

Clarke said earlier in the season the youth team keepers are a million miles off, and we’d be better with “Big Az” Martin in goal

2 hours ago, sandyford_valiant said:

Apologies if it’s been mentioned somewhere else but does anyone know the reason we only had 6 subs and not even the youth team keeper on the bench? Just thought it was a bit strange. 

I went to a youth cup match earlier in the season and to be brutally honest with you, I wouldn’t have put Collinge on to the bench either.

Could we have used a fourth sub as well last night if we’d wanted ? Concussion protocol and all that?

14 minutes ago, Santa said:

I went to a youth cup match earlier in the season and to be brutally honest with you, I wouldn’t have put Collinge on to the bench either.

Could we have used a fourth sub as well last night if we’d wanted ? Concussion protocol and all that?

If he's the one who played at Kidsgrove he is tiny for a keeper and looked about 14. 

Even so surely as an absolute last resort he could of been on the bench. 

Frustrating night, first half we had enough chances to have been out of sight but couldn't take them and got hit with the sucker punch.

Salford were a very poor side so its not great to lose to them on the night and leaves us with a daunting run of fixtures whilst massively out of form. Losing Hall was a blow as he looked decent, felt we missed Dennis last night as well, probably crying out for a spark second half.

How we didn't get that penalty I will never know, we seemed doomed not to get a penalty... its been since April! Stone waller.

I am a bit worried at the moment, hard to tell if the wheels have fallen off or just bad form and time will tell but some awful fixtures to come and we just dont seem anywhere near the levels of October, potentially losing Conlon for a long period and things just seem to be going against us at the moment.

Feel pretty flat at the moment, its been a disastrous few days all round.

9 hours ago, LancyTony said:

Interesting - why have you chosen to isolate the 3 goals he scored, in the FA Cup, against a team from a higher League?

Because one was a clearly an own goal and going wide, and really shouldn't have been credited to him, and the other one was out of play before he bundled it home and should have been ruled out. First goal was great, but it was a very dubious 'hattrick'.

If we're generous, he has 6 goals in 21 this season - hardly the one to pin our goalscoring hopes on. I think he's a good 'deeper' forward but he's not one to rely on to plunder alongside two lads with no experience.

Archived