onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Salford City

Fosse69

Advert

20 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Yep, disaster. Garrity can't play in a 2 man midfield as he can't control a football. Walker can't move. Smith and Martin shouldn't be allowed to touch the ball with anything but their feet. It was excruciating. Couple of lads up top without a clue of what to do. Amoo and Worrall waiting out wide to hammer a cross into the first man. Class.

Spot on

Gone back two years tonight. Worst two center backs you could choose to " play football ". Two man midfield, second half, absolute garbage and should never ever play there again. Two young lads trying and showing glimpses but both could have been replaced at half time. Amoo and Worral out wide. Did Worral ever get a cross past the defender. He has lost his pace/sharpness.

We then expect to score goals with all of that going on !!!

What it shows me is that for the first 15 games we were successful by playing Cass and Jones in the back three. Their surges forward drove the team forward and helped us to create chances. Sadlly missing their movement, even though i thought it weakened us at the back because they are not out and out defenders. They have to be back on Saturday, oh and Jones is the only player who can take a throw in. Tonights throws were awful, disgusting. Smith in between them so no place for Hall. This probably made the midfield look better than it really is. Conlan is not having ' a great season ' Garrity really is hit and miss. Great when in the box and looking busy but not a midfielder.

We desperately need a wide man. We need competition / replacement for Worral. Not sure if he is worn out, shattered or has just lost his spark but he has plenty of the ball but offers very little creativity with it. Weve seen Amoo for two years and no he is not the answer. Neither is Rodney. We need a winger now.

Come on D C  Take the plaudits when all is going well. Now is the time to earn your keep. Owners are backing you all the way. Its your team, you are in charge. You sort it, but quick.

8 minutes ago, connor hackett said:

I'm hoping this transfer window can deliver a center back who can actually control and pass a football, and a midfielder who can drive us forward. Little bit of luck first half and we would of comfortably won tonight second half reeked of desperation. The worst part of tonight was the performance of a section of our so called supporters. The negativity in the stands transfers itself to the pitch. This is why I prefer away days, we seem to get behind the players more and lift them when we're on the road. Bad day at the office, everyone's frustrated, put it behind us and get behind the team. We need a 12th man on the terraces, not a load of whinging voices.

I think this was borne out of genuine frustration at the times the ball went back to the CB’s to then do 3/4 sideways passes back and forth and end up absolutely no further toward. And understandably so.

We couldn’t have been less creative in that 2nd half if we’d have tossed Martin up front for the last 20 mins and lobbed long ball in the box for him. 

Personally I thought we were ok tonight but didn’t get the rub of the green. We seem to be going through one of those stages where nothing is going for us. 
the goal was really disappointing as Stone could have simply picked the ball up just before instead of slicing his kick. We still look short up front and in midfield especially with Conlon and Proctor out. I thought DC’s decision taking Pett off was a mistake as we then had no one to get possession of the scraps in midfield. Oh well let’s hope better times are round the corner. 

3 minutes ago, Sandyford_Lion said:

Spot on

Gone back two years tonight. Worst two center backs you could choose to " play football ". Two man midfield, second half, absolute garbage and should never ever play there again. Two young lads trying and showing glimpses but both could have been replaced at half time. Amoo and Worral out wide. Did Worral ever get a cross past the defender. He has lost his pace/sharpness.

We then expect to score goals with all of that going on !!!

What it shows me is that for the first 15 games we were successful by playing Cass and Jones in the back three. Their surges forward drove the team forward and helped us to create chances. Sadlly missing their movement, even though i thought it weakened us at the back because they are not out and out defenders. They have to be back on Saturday, oh and Jones is the only player who can take a throw in. Tonights throws were awful, disgusting. Smith in between them so no place for Hall. This probably made the midfield look better than it really is. Conlan is not having ' a great season ' Garrity really is hit and miss. Great when in the box and looking busy but not a midfielder.

We desperately need a wide man. We need competition / replacement for Worral. Not sure if he is worn out, shattered or has just lost his spark but he has plenty of the ball but offers very little creativity with it. Weve seen Amoo for two years and no he is not the answer. Neither is Rodney. We need a winger now.

Come on D C  Take the plaudits when all is going well. Now is the time to earn your keep. Owners are backing you all the way. Its your team, you are in charge. You sort it, but quick.

I thought that first half we had that movement down the right between Worrall and Gibbo. We had a lot of joy down their left hand side attacking wise. It was only when Hall went off and Hussey and Smtih became the 2 outside centre halves that it changed and they didn’t support the attacks as much.

I agree on a winger, Worrall looked shattered second half and his quality dipped. Add to that Politic going and I think need someone else coming in to freshen up that area for when we do change formation. 

32 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Nathan Smith is 25 and has 355 games under his belt. He is the most technically inept footballer I've ever seen. He's a good scrapper, but has played every game in a defence which has kept 1 clean sheet in 13. I feel nauseous when he gets the ball. Genuinely think Reg had better vision. 

Thats the thought of many fans about Smith. He is a scrapper certainly not a footballer. Play him in the center of a three and tell him to battle a big center forward and " if he wants it on the day " he is as good as it gets. His performance tonight was back to very poor. Martin was even worse.

17 minutes ago, connor hackett said:

I'm hoping this transfer window can deliver a center back who can actually control and pass a football, and a midfielder who can drive us forward. Little bit of luck first half and we would of comfortably won tonight second half reeked of desperation. The worst part of tonight was the performance of a section of our so called supporters. The negativity in the stands transfers itself to the pitch. This is why I prefer away days, we seem to get behind the players more and lift them when we're on the road. Bad day at the office, everyone's frustrated, put it behind us and get behind the team. We need a 12th man on the terraces, not a load of whinging voices.

Ooooh...you're a brave man! But - well said!!

I think Dan Jones being on form was far more important than we realised. Since he went off the boil (Walsall), things haven't looked right.

A pacey leftie with the ability to pass out of defence and take throw ins would have solved a fair few issues tonight.

The centre backs we had on aren’t good on the ball but literally every time they had it there was no movement what so ever. Nobody wanted the call other than Garrity. 

Said before the game there is no pace in this side. Sides can just sit in and let us have the ball, especially when our most creative player is out injured. We just looked like a team that had no idea. Hussey was wide open screaming for the ball on countless occasions and out midfielders would just pass backwards. I’ve seen some posts saying we gave it a go and huffed and puffed. I don’t even think we gave it a real go. 

I know Wilson is coming back from injury, but how long will it take for him to get up to any kind of actual football level? That’s 3 games now and he still looks like he’s a very long way off. We can’t be carrying players at the moment. Dare say it I think we need another striker, one that’s experienced and played at the level before. Wasn’t impressed at all with Edmonson, striked me as a Michael brown loan signing.

Glad to hear from DC that we did try to get Politic, hopefully means we’re in for at least 1 winger. The likes of Worrall will be burned out in no time at this rate, worst game I’ve seen him have in a vale shirt by the way. That second half it looked like we had Zak mills running down the wing and falling over. 

I agree it’s not nice for the players to hear boos and isn’t exactly going to motivate them. However this is a bad run and isn’t something overnight. We didn’t properly have a go at them 2nd half, pass backwards then sideways then lump it up to nobody. I think everyone just wanted to see them actually have a go and get some tempo going, I noticed DC going nuts with this as well. Have to say there were a few more boos than I was expecting 

Where do we go Saturday? I think we will be better away from home. Is Jones back? If so he comes in straight away and hopefully Hall isn’t injured as he looks a very good player. I’ve said on numerous occasions this season that I don’t rate Cass defensively, but we missed him bringing the ball out tonight. 

Need some creativity as that midfield tonight has none in it. 

32 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

General consensus on here is that we were much better in the first half. Stats show 17 shots to their 3, in total. So we can't be getting worse game after game? Promotion is still a strong possibility - there's still half a season to go.

Love your optimism LT

17 shots and still no goal.

We played a poor team tonight and still could not win

Archived