onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Salford City

Fosse69

4 minutes ago, eh up nah said:

Certainly agree with the analysis of the game.

How we weren't winning that at halftime is anyones guess.

They regrouped at HT and were vile to play against second half.

Think they've done well away from home and you can see why they've picked points up.

Got to be kidding me. I've got no idea how they've picked up points away from home. They were absolutely awful & I'm not just saying that out of frustration around how the game unfolded. They were really really poor, had nothing up top or in midfield. Massively underwhelmed by Salford.

A confident, decent team, sticks 3 or 4 past them tonight.

Advert

If anyone was in any doubt, we’ve well and truly been sussed out now. So some of the issues we need to address:

1) We are trying to ‘play the right way’ and move the ball quickly but the players are just too static and do not play quick give and go’s in triangles like other teams to do.

2) We have few actual footballers. Smith for example is absolutely awful with the ball at his feet, his sideways passes are so slow that they allow the opposition to close the spaces easily, and as he have no ball carriers in midfield, as we did tonight, we then resort to lumping long as ultimately losing possession.

3) We are not very good at defending. Ok, we were unlucky to lose Hall who was having another solid game and I said as soon as Martin came on that we better score because we never keep clean sheets when he’s on the pitch. And hey presto, look what happens….

4) Apart from maybe Gibbo, none of our regulars have any real pace. Amoo is a little erratic, Rodney completely off the boil and… then who?? 

5) Powder puff up front, as expected when you have a (quality) centre forward in his mid 20’s who even at peak fitness is buggered after 55 mins, and as today you are relying on unproven kids. 

6) Complete lack of passion. Again, Gibbo apart, didn’t see ‘robust’ tackle from anyone on our side, we seem content at the moment just to accept things.

They were easily the worst team I’ve seen this season and yes, we carved out chances first half which we should have taken before the absolute gift of a goal, and a messy, downright horrible and very dispiriting 2nd half.

Im struggling to see how Clark can shuffle the pack to get a result at Orient. I don’t know what changes (if any) they have made in the Transfer window or what their injury situation is, but they looked a decent outfit when we played them at home, and where thankful for a bit of late Politic magic to equalise and turn the tide in our favour for Proctors winner. Whatever happened to those two….?

10 minutes ago, dantheman said:

Were we? Result says not. We huffed and puffed at times but ultimately we went no where. 

Keep buying defenders and still can’t defend for toffee. When was the last time we kept a clean sheet?

Let’s not butter this up either we have lost 5 of the last 7 in the league with some absolute embarrassing preformances both collectively and individually. 

Promotion is looking like a distant dream currently. 

General consensus on here is that we were much better in the first half. Stats show 17 shots to their 3, in total. So we can't be getting worse game after game? Promotion is still a strong possibility - there's still half a season to go.

Due to clear lack of confidence at the moment, I feel that our approach needs to mirror that of when Clarke took over and eventually started to get wins.
That approach being to go out 'NOT TO LOSE'. Can't remember the last clean sheet. Feel like we need to build from the back again until our confidence improves.
We need to get something (even a point) from each game - need to something/ a foundation to build on.

Agree with this . What worries me is that we have lost a few players who were maybe more capable of that ‘back to basics approach ‘

I’m not panicking yet but the run of fixtures does look tough

Fans on players backs etc doesn’t help though

Sutton 1-2 down at half time score in the 92nd minute to win 3-2. That's what automatic promotion teams are made of and they've done it on a fairly consistent basis this season. Including against us. Habit of winning.

We had our moment v Orient but a team going for promotion turns that game around tonight even after going 1-0 down. We don't have the belief at the moment.

4 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

If anyone was in any doubt, we’ve well and truly been sussed out now. So some of the issues we need to address:

1) We are trying to ‘play the right way’ and move the ball quickly but the players are just too static and do not play quick give and go’s in triangles like other teams to do.

2) We have few actual footballers. Smith for example is absolutely awful with the ball at his feet, his sideways passes are so slow that they allow the opposition to close the spaces easily, and as he have no ball carriers in midfield, as we did tonight, we then resort to lumping long as ultimately losing possession.

3) We are not very good at defending. Ok, we were unlucky to lose Hall who was having another solid game and I said as soon as Martin came on that we better score because we never keep clean sheets when he’s on the pitch. And hey presto, look what happens….

4) Apart from maybe Gibbo, none of our regulars have any real pace. Amoo is a little erratic, Rodney completely off the boil and… then who?? 

5) Powder puff up front, as expected when you have a (quality) centre forward in his mid 20’s who even at peak fitness is buggered after 55 mins, and as today you are relying on unproven kids. 

6) Complete lack of passion. Again, Gibbo apart, didn’t see ‘robust’ tackle from anyone on our side, we seem content at the moment just to accept things.

They were easily the worst team I’ve seen this season and yes, we carved out chances first half which we should have taken before the absolute gift of a goal, and a messy, downright horrible and very dispiriting 2nd half.

Im struggling to see how Clark can shuffle the pack to get a result at Orient. I don’t know what changes (if any) they have made in the Transfer window or what their injury situation is, but they looked a decent outfit when we played them at home, and where thankful for a bit of late Politic magic to equalise and turn the tide in our favour for Proctors winner. Whatever happened to those two….?

Agree with everything there mate.

The current strike force and the complete lack of any pace could kill us. 

Just now, Joe B said:

Thought his inability to do anything with the ball was criminal. It's painful. He just hasn't progressed at all. A good battler but the ball needs to be kept well away from his feet. 

Thought he defended well and kept his distribution clean and simple to a Vale man.  He's not Beckenbauer.  All opinions, but thought he had a good game tonight. 

Archived